PDA

View Full Version : X-speed V vs. CTP 70t

thestug
2011.05.02, 05:20 PM
I have these two motors. I was just wondering what you think of these two motors. I assume the CTP 70t can be run on stock FETs, right? I'm looking for a higher performance motor than stock, but still runs cool. I have heard some bad things about the CTP 70t and was wondering if someone had experience with this motor in the AWD chassis. Just want some opinions.

KA2AEV
2011.05.02, 06:05 PM
Here at Team Golddust we recently got our first AWD Chassis
and it has a X-peed in it
We tried a 70t and it kept tripping out from over heating
so we're staying with the X-peed
Mike

EMU
2011.05.02, 06:07 PM
First thing, the CTP 70t needs to be fully broken in. Otherwise it may arc a little, giving intermittent glitches. After it is fully broken in, I havent had any issues.

The X-Speed is about 20 turns less than the 70t, so it has a little more speed. From my use of the X-Speed in the AWD chassis, it gets pretty hot when I get the speed that I want out of it. One of the best AWD motors is the ATM Stock-BB (yellow label). It has good grunt and runs cool. You can run it with stock fets. The PN 43t also runs pretty well in the AWD as well, but you will need upgraded fets for AM boards.

Scrapper
2011.05.02, 06:19 PM
ive used a reflex 70 in a 2.4 awd and it was pretty quick

thestug
2011.05.03, 04:48 PM
First thing, the CTP 70t needs to be fully broken in. Otherwise it may arc a little, giving intermittent glitches. After it is fully broken in, I havent had any issues.

The X-Speed is about 20 turns less than the 70t, so it has a little more speed. From my use of the X-Speed in the AWD chassis, it gets pretty hot when I get the speed that I want out of it. One of the best AWD motors is the ATM Stock-BB (yellow label). It has good grunt and runs cool. You can run it with stock fets. The PN 43t also runs pretty well in the AWD as well, but you will need upgraded fets for AM boards.

How do you recommend breaking in the CTP? I haven't used it yet because I bought it for my AWD 2.4 build. I have heard that you can break in a motor by just running just the motor on one AAA battery for a few hours. Is this true? Sorry for the noob-sih motor questions.

EMU
2011.05.03, 05:16 PM
Yes, you can break it in with any single cell for a while, or dip it in water, which lowers the amount of time needed to break in. 5-10 minutes in water, use motor spray to clean it, and oil the bushings and let it run for a 10 minutes out of water. Every motor takes slightly different time to break in, you have to look at how the brushes sit on the comm. When the brushes sit flat, then the motor is broken in. There are many different ways to break in a motor... If I have time, I like to break it in slow.