PDA

View Full Version : F1 Racing alive at MC3

Sinister_Y
2011.05.05, 01:27 PM
Racers asked for an F1 class for our club series and MC3 has responded affirmatively.

Starting soon, racers will be able to complete in a F1 class with the following race structure (also requested by racers):

Timed Qualifying Session of 30 minutes. Racers will be ranked on their single best lap time during the qualifying session for the main. The main will be 12 minutes long.

The only rule will be that racers must run rubber tires (i.e. NO foams allowed).

Any other mod is allowed, i.e. any suspension mod okay, any turn motor okay, FET upgrade okay, any type cell is allowed (i.e. LiFe is allowed), Tire warmers allowed

To support this class, we will be actively stocking F1 stock replacement and upgrade parts from Kyosho, PN and MantisWorx.

EMU
2011.05.05, 02:07 PM
I really like that structure... I would definitely run a different qualify setup to my race setup :p 12min mains would be too long to go for all out speed... I have to see if I can make it for at least one race :)

Traveler
2011.05.05, 02:13 PM
Sounds interesting! Wondering what battery/motor combo would be best for a 12 min F1 main.

EMU
2011.05.05, 05:09 PM
Possibly a 1s2p LiFe with a 32t motor ;) should be about 1600mah... with a little more power than the equivalent of a 50t give or take. I have been wanting to try this for some time...

herman
2011.05.05, 11:22 PM
hmm... interesting... can anybody post a pic of an f1 using life batts? i don't remember seing one... :D

Sinister_Y
2011.05.06, 10:02 AM
there are 2 guys running this now and I'll be the 3rd shortly. There is also a 4th guy going to run this setup in the near future. I don't have pics but it works well with the mantis t-plate system, i.e. you never have to remove the batteries.

EMU
2011.05.06, 10:43 AM
there are 2 guys running this now and I'll be the 3rd shortly. There is also a 4th guy going to run this setup in the near future. I don't have pics but it works well with the mantis t-plate system, i.e. you never have to remove the batteries.

Are they using it in series or parallel? With what motor?

josyskunk
2011.05.15, 10:28 PM
here is F1 with Li Fe running in series

herman
2011.05.15, 11:34 PM
thanks for the pics... what other modifications have you done to the chassis?
any videos? would love to see one going at it at top speed... :D