PDA

View Full Version : Big Track Race Event Saturday 5/14/11 7pm - Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti, MI - Mini-ZRacer.com

monkeyZ
2011.05.09, 07:40 AM
Big Track Race Event Saturday 5/14/11 7pm - Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti, MI - Mini-ZRacer.com
Join us for another Ann Arbor Mini-Z GTG (AA GTG) on Saturday May 14th, 2011 at 7pm. We primarily run Mini-Zs (2WD, AWD, and F1s) (MR-03, MR-02, MA-010, MR-01). But if you want you can bring your DNanos, Iwavers, XMods, Micro-Ts, and Epochs, etc. Some people even bring their rc helicopters and airplanes

New people are welcome as always! Everyone is friendly and helpful and we have lots of fun!

NOTE: here's the easy to remember URL to keep up to date with our events: http://www.mini-zracer.com/annarbor

Please bring $10 to cover the cost of the race night (one fee for the whole night of practice and racing - a great value!).
Reminder: You can now pay your entry fees online.

NOTE: Transponder rental is $3 for the entire night if you do not own one.

This is a standard Saturday Event that starts at 7pm.

It is in Ypsilanti, MI (just southeast of Ann Arbor). The address is:
3140 Carpenter, Ypsilanti, MI 48197

Reminder that Dojo 4 is now 3140 Carpenter - park around the back of the building and use the back door to since the storefront section is closed when we start.

------------------------------------------
Get your orders into http://Shop.TinyRC.com early and you can choose to pick it up at this AA GTG Event to save on shipping costs.

Post here to let us know what time you plan to come and what time you need to leave.
------------------------------------------

monkeyZ
2011.05.09, 09:41 AM
Btw I won't be able to make a design for this event...

rensuchan
2011.05.09, 09:52 AM
Bryan,

If you have a tile count and can tell me where to download the software I'll see if we can come up with something. Otherwise I think okabe likes to design tracks too :)

Turkey just ran, maybe we can put together something based off of that track.

Also, is anyone that is good with photography going to be attending this time?

monkeyZ
2011.05.09, 10:04 AM
Okabe posted them in the Austin big track thread. The program is called zRound. I don't have a comptuer just my phone.

MRDAVT
2011.05.09, 03:17 PM
OK, here is the simple big one. Do you like this?

vigilanterc
2011.05.09, 03:51 PM
That looks HORRIBLE!!:mad: Just kidding!:D:D It looks like a great track for running!!!! Lets do it up.

Got Ya,
Steven,

rensuchan
2011.05.09, 04:01 PM
It looks like it'll be a pretty fast straight with a more technical infield. I have multiple cars to try out this month so I think it'll be fun to see which does the best.

MRDAVT
2011.05.10, 01:04 PM
How about Turkey? Which do you like better?

rensuchan
2011.05.10, 03:05 PM
I personally like the Turkey layout but it'll depend on everyone.

Deca
2011.05.11, 10:13 AM
The Turkey layout kind of scares the hell out of me, for whatever reason I was having issues with the carousel in out last layout. I'm going to vote for the first one just because it looks more driftable :p

vigilanterc
2011.05.11, 02:43 PM
The Turkey layout kind of scares the hell out of me, for whatever reason I was having issues with the carousel in out last layout. I'm going to vote for the first one just because it looks more driftable :p

It's all about you, huh?;):D

Deca
2011.05.12, 02:51 PM
It's all about you, huh?;):D

You know it!

Hey what's stopping you from putting together a drift car? :p

vigilanterc
2011.05.12, 03:58 PM
You know it!

Hey what's stopping you from putting together a drift car? :p

"Uhhhh................A Drift Car!"

Jerrymor
2011.05.13, 08:18 PM
I like the Turkey track

rensuchan
2011.05.13, 08:29 PM
Well considering I was just in an automobile accident about 4 hours ago, I'm glad that most of my driving tomorrow is going to be 1/28th scale...

Motorcycle ran a red light and hit me :/ More money, to get body work done. At least the dude was okay since I saw him running it and swerved as much as I could.

will3kgt
2011.05.14, 12:35 PM
I'll be there after work.

vigilanterc
2011.05.15, 12:31 PM
Here is Dave's boat ready to run. The shape it was in was Terrible! All gummed up and grease everywhere. It now has a direct drive shaft not running through the out drive. A skeg is now in place for the steering. I added the 2 screws for the motor wires. On the bench it now Screams. These mods will make the boat much more efficient and smooth running with longer run times.
Less maintenance as well without having the power-robbing Kyosho outdrive on there! Lighter too!;)
I hope you like David!

Mods done at the Vigilante R/C Shop
www.vigilante-rc.com

Steven
Vigilante R/C

mini-z
2011.05.15, 04:07 PM
WOW S, looks great, thank you so much!!! :D LMK what prop to bring you! Appreciate it so much, I can't wait to run 'er again!! :D PS, look forward to appraising the cavitation with this mod! ;) :D :D

vigilanterc
2011.05.15, 06:37 PM
Thanks David, Actually it will cavitate on occasion;):rolleyes: This is because the prop is closer to the surface. But when it hooks up, it skips accross the top of the water instead of just "pushing" itself around.. It it much more fun to drive now.....
See you next race!
Steven

mini-z
2011.05.15, 06:50 PM
Awesome - just curious, how does the steering compare now that it's more rudder vs. propulsion (correct my words to the appropriate nautical as necessary! ;) :D)? :cool:

mini-z
2011.05.15, 06:56 PM
Random: someone was asking about some PN tires at the race last night, but I can't recall who it was and I was in the middle of running the race and couldn't assist - I think it was maybe one of: Jerry, Carlos or Jason - I wasn't sure if (whoever it was) ended picking any up in the end, but I don't recall a corresponding order - just wanted to double-check - I may have just imagined the whole thing? LMK - thanks! :)

vigilanterc
2011.05.15, 07:34 PM
Awesome - just curious, how does the steering compare now that it's more rudder vs. propulsion (correct my words to the appropriate nautical as necessary! ;) :D)? :cool:

Dave, That is good question and I can tell you that only a small amount of left trim may be needed from the TX. The prop is still submerged but it will have a little pull in the direction of the Prop rotation. This is because the bottom half of the prop is in deeper water and has more "Traction". If it was a surface piercing prop (half in and half out of the water) you would need a lot more trim and the boat would steer better in one direction than the other as well as "Cavitate A Lot";) Your Mini-Z Formula will only display a very small amount of those traits. I would never go back to the stock set up if that tells you anything....You need to try it out.

Steven