PDA

View Full Version : blown 3x2 stack question

ruknd@aol.com
2011.05.17, 01:27 PM
I have 2 old AM MR02 cars that need some work. My NSX fried a 3 stack on a PN Speedy and another MR02 doesn't seem to go at all. The FETs didn't look fried but I guess they are. Is it worth fixing the old AM boards?

EMU
2011.05.17, 04:11 PM
I wouldnt... I have no more AM boards... ASF is the way to go ;) The amount you spend repairing two of the AM boards, you can get an ASF board.

ruknd@aol.com
2011.05.17, 07:20 PM
I wouldnt... I have no more AM boards... ASF is the way to go ;) The amount you spend repairing two of the AM boards, you can get an ASF board.

if people are still doing FETS for $20 or so why not?

KA2AEV
2011.05.17, 08:12 PM
if people are still doing FETS for $20 or so why not?

Im running AM Still and can't see why you shouldn't try and get them fixed/replaced (The FETs that is)
There are a few guys on the list that do repairs
Im not sure where you are but if you're near NYC there are a few guys I can reccommend that did work for me that I was happy with

herman
2011.05.18, 05:08 AM
i think i kinda know what emu is driving at... probably coming from a pure racer's point of view, once you've tried the 2.4ghz, i don't think one would really like to go back to am... :D

swapping out the fets (at $20 is it?) is a much more cost effective way to get it fixed...

while you're at it, have that motor checked to see how many amps it draws... you might have a mutant motor... you will also know what type of fets to put on your board...

if your budget allows, you might want to get a 2.4ghz board and tx... if you're serious about racing, the benefits far outweigh the cost in the long run...

hope this helps... :D

ruknd@aol.com
2011.05.18, 06:53 AM
I tend to just run on my RCP track in my basement and even if I get back racing I would still like to have these cars as spares for people to run on my track. I guess for $20 it would be silly not to repair them.

imxlr8ed
2011.05.18, 09:10 AM
Go with the 2.4... trust me.

I pretty much just run in my basement too and I have a pile of perfectly functional stacked AM boards (about 15-20) now relegated to collecting dust.

The 2.4 is that good. Only drawback to 2.4 is having to use a KT18 but if you have the $$$ that is easily solved by getting a Helios or Eurus radio.

I fought it for the longest time myself because I had so much invested in the AMs, but I'm glad I upgraded.

Now if I could only convince myself to go the MR03 route... :rolleyes:

PMed you by the way, LMK.

ruknd@aol.com
2011.05.18, 09:38 AM
If I go the 2.4 on both of these I would need to get extra TXs when other people want to run around the track. I just bout a dnano from another board member so a 2.4tx is in my very distant future and I would probably add an 03 to my garage in the near future when one I like pops up on here or I bite the bullet for a new one.

datsunking
2011.06.07, 02:11 AM
Get an MR03 board for a swap. No regrets....