PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading controllers?

thestug
2011.05.17, 04:59 PM
I was just curious if the Perfex EX-5UR or the EX1-UR is worth it if you don't race. What kind of advantages would an upgraded remote have? I'm interested in a new remote, but I don't want to spend money on something that is really not needed for just drifting and time trials vs. myself. :cool: Any input would be very appreciated.

chad508
2011.05.17, 07:46 PM
and good controller will help anybody for any type of running. but its up to you if the money is worth it. if you dont plan to ever race its a tough call. as far as motors there again its up to you. the stock motor is fine for what you are doing but an aftermarket motor will be a little better. are you after speed, torque are both?

herman
2011.05.17, 10:43 PM
greetings...

i've had the kt-18 since kyosho came out with the asf 2.4ghz mr02... i've used it on the ma010 asf and now the mr03...

like you, i haven't been racing... and just run by myself... and drift on occasion...

never felt the need to upgrade... :D

i'm pretty sure that the ex-5ur and ex1-ur will be a great upgrade and will come in handy with all the adjustability etc... but for me i just can't justify getting one if i'm not into racing... racing / drifting all by yourself with a high end radio is kinda overkill and taking it a bit too far for me... :D

on a side note though... luckily my brother has a helios and if i do get into racing at one point, i bought an asf module for it... :D

hope this helps... :D

thestug
2011.05.20, 10:40 AM
greetings...

i've had the kt-18 since kyosho came out with the asf 2.4ghz mr02... i've used it on the ma010 asf and now the mr03...

like you, i haven't been racing... and just run by myself... and drift on occasion...

never felt the need to upgrade... :D

i'm pretty sure that the ex-5ur and ex1-ur will be a great upgrade and will come in handy with all the adjustability etc... but for me i just can't justify getting one if i'm not into racing... racing / drifting all by yourself with a high end radio is kinda overkill and taking it a bit too far for me... :D

on a side note though... luckily my brother has a helios and if i do get into racing at one point, i bought an asf module for it... :D

hope this helps... :D

Well, I have the money right so thats not a problem. What kind of adjustments can be made with an upgraded controller?

chad508
2011.05.20, 11:48 AM
best bet would be go to ko propo's website and down load the manuals of the controllers. they will give you a good idea of what can be adjusted and what each adjustment does to the car

thestug
2011.05.21, 12:13 AM
best bet would be go to ko propo's website and down load the manuals of the controllers. they will give you a good idea of what can be adjusted and what each adjustment does to the car

Thanks, this is a great idea.

thestug
2011.05.23, 10:37 AM
Alright, I just purchased an EX-5 UR. Hopefully this will allow for adjusting the throttle back for drifting. This should help IMO with drifting because you don't need as much power. What else can be adjusted with the EX5? I checked their website, but I'm not really sure what all of the adjustments mean.