PDA

View Full Version : how do I adjust MR03 ride height?

bevo
2011.05.27, 12:20 PM
I have the relfex suspension arm mount set at 2 degree, and the long king pin setup, my front ridie height is super low. I can barely see any light at all under the car. I would like to raise it up a little because the front is probably scrubing the track a little under brake and through sharp turns. reflex lower fornt end suspension and it sets much higher then my raceing car.

Anyway, how do you raise and lower ride height on these cars.

Christopher Rc
2011.05.27, 01:02 PM
remove spacers from underneath your nuckle to raise the car in the front,
add spacers to underneath the nuckle to lower.

are you using low-down knucles?

if you are using 19mm wheels, try switching to 20mm ;)

EMU
2011.05.27, 02:04 PM
Whatever spacers you remove from under the knuckle, place on top of the knuckle under the upper arm to keep the upper arm in the same position...

bevo
2011.05.28, 08:19 PM
remove spacers from underneath your nuckle to raise the car in the front,
add spacers to underneath the nuckle to lower.

are you using low-down knucles?

if you are using 19mm wheels, try switching to 20mm ;)

Yes I am using the low down knuckles. I messed with some shims and got it to look better. I'll se when I get a chance to run it, if it feels better. Now, is there a way to raise and lower the rear?

The wheels I use are just the ones that come with my body. I never have got around to buying any wheels to experiment with. I've been using the nissan GTR xanavia or whatever it is body. I've used it and a small mclaren and liked the GTR much better.

Any advice on a good body and wheel offsets I could get would also be appreciated. I would like a neutral car that is al little forgiving. I would rather be very consistent then really fast.

color01
2011.05.29, 05:00 AM
What motor mount are you using? Most current aftermarket mounts have ride height eccentric adjusters holding the rear axle bearings -- self explanatory.

If you're using the stock motor mount you can raise the rear ride height by shimming underneath the front mounting surface of the T-plate. That lowers the T-plate relative to the chassis, so it lowers the rear axle and raises the ride height. If you're trying to lower the rear (which is much more probable) then shim underneath the rear mounting surface of the T-plate. That raises the rear axle, lowering your ride height. ;)

Christopher Rc
2011.05.29, 11:34 AM
Any advice on a good body and wheel offsets I could get would also be appreciated. I would like a neutral car that is al little forgiving. I would rather be very consistent then really fast.
get the TRP scale mosler mt900, its not the most agressive, but
its very neutral. ;)
http://www.technicalrp.com/catalog/trpscale-bodywork-mosler-mt900-white-for-paint-p-37851.html