PDA

View Full Version : Tiki Tiki (Chase Mode) board for AWD coming in July

Sinister_Y
2011.06.24, 01:28 PM
FYI, the Tiki Tiki board that is being offered in the new version AWD (MA-015) is available separately in July from Kyosho North/South American retailers.

Pic is attached.

BTW_ this is a perfect upgrade for those wanting to upgrade their F1 or MR02 with an 03 board as it is using the older cored servo motor. No messing around required now ;)

EMU
2011.06.24, 02:47 PM
Thanks for sharing. :)

Felix2010
2011.06.25, 04:55 AM
Wow, really Kyosho? --> NO Coreless servo motor upgrade? Which of course would mean a revised chassis servo box design/restructure. But... Who really would care? What, I'd have to buy a new chassis (Chances are even only Main chassis for $15) assembly for $25 (MAX). Not even the slightest bit mad about that, I want the MA-015 to have all MR03 specs., thats it..

Then, Kyosho could keep supporting to their fullest the MA-010 chassis and replacements;And bring the 2nd GEN MA-015 replacements/and all other upgrade replacements to be supported (All for the servo, most other replacements are exactly the same as MA-010 GEN).

I don't get these companies sometimes... They take baby-steps forward instead of even below-standard upgrade design-boosts.... making us wait until almost the breaking point? ASF/2.4ghz technology for example?!!?....

Please Kyosho: Just re-design the MA-015's chassis to accept the latest RA-?? Electronics package, including the very impressive&LIKED core-less servo motor& steering gear ratio adjustment for finer movement? Simple and you'll sell more and make more $$.

This is an almost great idea... WHy can't we just remove/replace a few out-dated parts: Use a Core-less MR03 servo motor; And re-calibrate the MR03's servo design and ratio performance for application in MA-015 design chassis?; ANd same thing goes for the Mini-z F-1? This is a ready-to-blow-up market....

I can't say I am going to buy this Tiki-Tiki MA-015 upgrade board... I'm going to wait until core-less servo support is added. Or... Kepp the ra-18 unit, not a bad computer for this lil beast... :)

Old Crow
2011.06.25, 01:59 PM
This was discussed in another place briefly, but I hear what your saying, and agree. The MA-015 Chassis designation does not constitute a change when it's only a new board. Maybe it could be justified more if the servo motor was coreless, but even then, the chassis would be changed very little, if at all.

lfisminiz
2011.06.25, 11:26 PM
This was discussed in another place briefly, but I hear what your saying, and agree. The MA-015 Chassis designation does ot constitute a change when it's only a new board. Maybe it could be justified more if the servo motor was coreless, but even then, the chassis would be changed very little, if at all.

Totally agree. The awd needs more.