PDA

View Full Version : Help Please! Motor is Good but doesn't work when connect to Mini Z!

Starsky5000
2011.06.24, 05:50 PM
Help Please. I connected this PN Racing Mini-Z PNWC Bushing 50 Turn Motor to my Mini Z MR-03 but it doesn't work at all.

http://www.kenonhobby.com/PN-Racing-Mini-Z-PNWC-Bushing-Motor-50-Turn_p_43050.html

I then tried the motor using a AA battery and it work perfectly. What could be the problem?

I connected the stock motor that came with my Mini Z to the Mini Z and that worked perfectly.

cowboysir
2011.06.24, 07:06 PM
You may not have tightened the screw terminals enough...there's no reason one motor should work and one motor doesnt if the 50T runs on a single cell.

Starsky5000
2011.06.25, 05:56 AM
You may not have tightened the screw terminals enough...there's no reason one motor should work and one motor doesnt if the 50T runs on a single cell.

Okay I tightened the screw terminals as far as the screws would go. Same thing. The motor doesn't work.

I'm about to give up on all of this. This was suppose to be fun, not frustrating.

Z-inim
2011.06.25, 07:54 AM
leave the motor loose outside of the car with wires connected... work then? (Trying to rule out a short of the motor terminals)

Felix2010
2011.06.25, 08:10 AM
Check gear mesh between pinion-to-diff/Spur. Too tight and you won't get movement.

When you have the motor hooked up Ready to Race , and turn the Tx on then the car on :

>Does the steering work?
>When you apply throttle on the Tx, do you hear any high-pitch humming and screeching coming from the motor and Mainboard area? The screeching gets louder or softer depending on how hard you are pulling the throttle.

>Try the Kyosho stock motor or another motor if you prefer. When hooked up and ready to drive the car behaves normal and drives normal !00% ? Or Are there abnormalities with performance when using the stock motor too?

LED
2011.06.25, 09:24 AM
Did you install the terminals 180 around from the way they normaly are?
I did that with my brothers car (beacause of the disk damper) and that created a fault somewhere.

Starsky5000
2011.06.25, 09:48 AM
Check gear mesh between pinion-to-diff/Spur. Too tight and you won't get movement.

When you have the motor hooked up Ready to Race , and turn the Tx on then the car on :

>Does the steering work?
>When you apply throttle on the Tx, do you hear any high-pitch humming and screeching coming from the motor and Mainboard area? The screeching gets louder or softer depending on how hard you are pulling the throttle.

>Try the Kyosho stock motor or another motor if you prefer. When hooked up and ready to drive the car behaves normal and drives normal !00% ? Or Are there abnormalities with performance when using the stock motor too?

The steering works perfectly. I tried the Kyosho stock motor and it worked perfectly. I tried the PN motor loose outside of the car by itself and it didn't work.

Starsky5000
2011.06.25, 09:50 AM
leave the motor loose outside of the car with wires connected... work then? (Trying to rule out a short of the motor terminals)

I tried this. It didn't work. I don't know if I am doing something wrong. The black wire connects to the black terminal and the red to the positive right?

Starsky5000
2011.06.25, 10:22 AM
Did you install the terminals 180 around from the way they normaly are?
I did that with my brothers car (beacause of the disk damper) and that created a fault somewhere.

I tried this too. Both ways and it didn't work.

Starsky5000
2011.06.25, 03:02 PM
Here are the motors:

http://www.kenonhobby.com/search.asp?keyword=PN+Racing+Mini-Z+PNWC+&search.x=19&search.y=6

I tried this PN Racing Mini-Z PNWC Bushing Motor 50 Turn on my Mini Z but it didn't work at all. Then I connected it to a AA battery and it worked. I tried everything to make it work on my mini z but no luck.

Bodom
2011.06.26, 01:34 AM
Help Please! What's the Fastest PN Motor that a Stock Mini Z Can Handle?
Firstly - why do you thing you need the fastest motor? Faster motors are usually harder to drive if you are not prepared to handle all the power.
Second - have you read this (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36620) thread?
Third - try to answer ALL the questions Felix2010 asked you.

I've had the same problems with my 03 - the motor suddenly stopped working after disconnecting and reconnecting the motor wires. And it always is bad contact and works with tightening the screws that hold the motor wires to the board.

Starsky5000
2011.06.26, 01:13 PM

>Does the steering work?

I connected the motor all by itself and it doesn't work at all.

I don't hear any sound at all coming from the motor or circuit board. Nothing.

Yes the steering works perfectly.

I tried the Kyosho stock motor...the car behaves normal. They are no abnormalities with performance when using stock motor.

arch2b
2011.06.26, 02:05 PM
have you contacted the reseller to replace the motor? assuming other motors work fine in the car.

Starsky5000
2011.06.26, 02:44 PM
have you contacted the reseller to replace the motor? assuming other motors work fine in the car.

Yes I contacted Kenon Hobby to have the motor replaced. Also I told them to test the motor I am sending back using a stock mini z to see if it works. I also told them before sending out the new motor to test it on a stock mini z to make sure it works.

arch2b
2011.06.26, 03:44 PM
Never hesitate to contact a reseller about defective parts. It's best to attempt the usual troubleshooting as membes have suggested prior so you can quickly rule out most of the common issues saving the reseller time and you time in redundant troubleshooting.