PDA

View Full Version : What Tools Do You Guys Use To Provide Clearance For A Mini Z Body?

Starsky5000
2011.07.01, 03:48 PM
I need to sand down my McLaren F1 Body so the motor mount can fit?

Do you use a dremel with a sanding bit?

I also need to cut a hole so the damper discs can fit through to provide clearance for a Lamborghini Countach body?

How can I cut a perfect hole?

Is their a circular saw that attaches to the dremel to get a perfect circular cut?

color01
2011.07.01, 06:58 PM
I think you answered your own question? Most dremel kits come with a sanding bit or two, and a cutting bit or two. You asked about sanding and cutting so I'd start with those...

unearthed name
2011.07.01, 09:09 PM
starsky, out of curiosity, do you just play this thing in your house, or you have a local hobby store near you?

bermbuster
2011.07.01, 10:28 PM
I need to sand down my McLaren F1 Body so the motor mount can fit?

Do you use a dremel with a sanding bit?

I also need to cut a hole so the damper discs can fit through to provide clearance for a Lamborghini Countach body?

How can I cut a perfect hole?

Is their a circular saw that attaches to the dremel to get a perfect circular cut?

The dremel is probably a mini z maniacs best power tool. You can get hundreds if not thousands of cutters/sanding tools for them. Realistically you need practice to perfect the perfect cut/hole/etc....
First off I am a tool maniac and using quality tools ( a real dremel brand rotary tool) and quality bits (tools) is a must.(for me)
Being realistic your only cutting a soft material (plastic) so even the cheapo imitations will give adequate results..... Down the road if you graduate to cutting metal you will wish you bought the real dremel....
You really need to practice. Either use and old body or practice on some plastic.... Dont forget to wear Safety Glasses......

dr_hfuhuhurr
2011.07.02, 12:11 AM
I use this...

http://www.craftsman.com/shc/s/p_10155_12602_00910871000P?vName=Power+Tools+%26+E quipment&cName=Power+Tools&sName=Portable+Power+Tools&prdNo=5&blockNo=5&blockType=L5

Seriously though, Dremel dude, with the sanding wheel like someone said.

KA2AEV
2011.07.02, 10:07 AM
Starsky, where are you located? :)

Starsky5000
2011.07.02, 02:28 PM
Starsky, where are you located? :)

I live in Bronx, New York USA.

I bought a Lamborghini Countach body (RML) and can't fit that body because it's very low in the back and the damper gets in the way of mounting. Same thing happens to my McLaren F1 GTR 1997 car body.

KA2AEV
2011.07.02, 03:10 PM
I live in Bronx, New York USA.

I.

Starsky, check your Mailbox I left you a PM