PDA

View Full Version : PN Racing Mini-z 2WD Machine Cut 5H Delrin 20mm Wheel

PadrinoNY
2011.07.02, 10:48 PM
Just brought a set of these at my LHS and it's funny that one rim in the sealed package has a greater offset then the other. Is it suppose to be like that? I have finally got some PN built cars running real good but I am seriously thinking of going back to the competition. This is the second I bought in 2 weeks and to me looks wrong. The 1st thing was the upper arms in 0 degree it came with no shims. I even e-mailed PN last week on it and no response. Whats up with that Philip?

Felix2010
2011.07.03, 02:19 AM
I understand your frustration, but I donít know of any large-shop owners who offer level of customer service that Philip Ng does. :D You might want to email him again, last weekend was the Kenon PN Regional race, on-top of the fact that Philip is constantly designing/prototyping/driving&testing/selling Mini-Z 24/7/365. He might have just missed your msg (Not trying to make excuses for anyone).

If something is not right then Philip will make it right. But a lot of stuff is always going on with PN Racing, whether it is running the Kenon shop, Doing customer FET jobs, setting up international & national races, designing unbelievable hop-ups at very respectable prices. I would not give upon PN so easily, just my 2c:)

PNracing
2011.07.03, 02:31 AM
Just brought a set of these at my LHS and it's funny that one rim in the sealed package has a greater offset then the other. Is it suppose to be like that? I have finally got some PN built cars running real good but I am seriously thinking of going back to the competition. This is the second I bought in 2 weeks and to me looks wrong. The 1st thing was the upper arms in 0 degree it came with no shims. I even e-mailed PN last week on it and no response. Whats up with that Philip?

So sorry about that PadrinoNY, which local hobby shop you bought in from? you can ask them to replace a new bag, if they don't have in stock, we can ship to you, just send us a picture.

Thanks Lawrence, because my good customers support, we will keep doing our best.

PadrinoNY
2011.07.03, 10:34 AM
I will send a pic asap. But because of low stock at Action RC here in NY doesn't have another set of either of the 2 products. I would appreciate any help I am really starting to like the PN products. If you can send me your email I will get that out to you. Thanks in advanced.

PNracing
2011.07.03, 04:22 PM
I will send a pic asap. But because of low stock at Action RC here in NY doesn't have another set of either of the 2 products. I would appreciate any help I am really starting to like the PN products. If you can send me your email I will get that out to you. Thanks in advanced.

You can send the pictures to info@rckenon.com

PadrinoNY
2011.07.03, 05:06 PM
Pic being sent now

PadrinoNY
2011.07.13, 08:15 AM
UPDATE: Action RC is getting me another set from you guys so problem solved. Thanks for the help.

On another note I got my hands on another set for my mod car. It was an MR03 with a 43t PN motor 8858 fets with a Lambo body. Wheels were 3 degree rear 0 degree front Delrins. Now my rear wheel on the spur side of the diff broke leaving the center mounted while the rest of the rim finished through the lap counter :D. Now could that have been from too much torque or was it from impacts? I got hit twice in the race but the car stood stable on the track with no flips.

EMU
2011.07.13, 06:03 PM
UPDATE: Action RC is getting me another set from you guys so problem solved. Thanks for the help.

On another note I got my hands on another set for my mod car. It was an MR03 with a 43t PN motor 8858 fets with a Lambo body. Wheels were 3 degree rear 0 degree front Delrins. Now my rear wheel on the spur side of the diff broke leaving the center mounted while the rest of the rim finished through the lap counter :D. Now could that have been from too much torque or was it from impacts? I got hit twice in the race but the car stood stable on the track with no flips.

What body were you using?

color01
2011.07.13, 06:56 PM
What body were you using?
Read. :p Lambo with 0N/+3W must have been a Murcielago or LP-670.

hrdrvr
2011.07.13, 07:38 PM
Certain lambos don't really need to be run with +3, which is where I think emu is headed :) Without even knowing which exact body, I would put myself out on a limb and say it was due to impact on the rear wheels.

EMU
2011.07.14, 12:01 AM
Read. :p Lambo with 0N/+3W must have been a Murcielago or LP-670.

Last I checked, there were more than one Lambo body :rolleyes: I would assume a murc, but cant be sure... Could be a Countach, Diablo or Miura with... Definitely would think some sort of impact related damage... I personally use 1W rear on my Murc, 2W is my max.

color01
2011.07.14, 03:02 AM
Wasn't meant to be an offensive prod, sorry. :o Just meant to say that only the Murc and the Countach can fit +3W, really, and the Countach is not a good Mod body and it's unlikely that Padrino would run wheels outside the body, given his experience.

EMU
2011.07.14, 06:28 AM
No offense, I will just put you into the wall on Saturday :D

PadrinoNY
2011.07.20, 07:26 AM
I was using a Murc body. Even though I can use 2 degree but I like the 3 degree factory rear wheel setup for stability and the 0's up front for some snappy steering. EMU knows me personally to the point is my bodies don't get dremeled out (IE:98mm setup with 94mm body) & all my wheels must stay within the bodies wheelwells. I am all about asthetics even when I build my cars they are solely built around keeping the same company parts on it throughout. I got hit twice on that side after careful examination I seen that my rear wheelwell on the body was cracked thus letting the other racer an open invitation to hitting the wheels side wall.