PDA

View Full Version : How change from MR to MM type o MR 15?

javier668
2011.07.03, 04:48 PM
Hi friends.
I'm planning make a dodge charger o challenger using my MR 15, but i need a MM configuration, anyone can helpe please.
If anybody know about the stuff needed to make the change, helpme please.
I'm very new in the Mini Z's RC and the store have tons of parts.

Regards!

color01
2011.07.03, 05:29 PM
Change the motor pod and T-plate to MM versions, that's it. :) What wheelbase are you trying to obtain?

javier668
2011.07.03, 07:50 PM
Change the motor pod and T-plate to MM versions, that's it. :) What wheelbase are you trying to obtain?

Thank's for reply, the Charger needs 117 mm, i have other model of a Mustang 68 BULLIT, with 108 aprox.
The T plate i'm planning use styrene or aluminum.
If i change to MM i will need a new shock mount?, using these long wb i will need build some type of adapter.
What do you think about?

Regards!

color01
2011.07.03, 09:05 PM
The longest that you can go using Kyosho parts, would be to use an RM T-plate, MM (or LM) motor mount, and mount the T-plate in the rearmost position: this will get you a 110mm wheelbase. The last 7mm, I would recommend cutting an aluminum adapter to make up for it. I would not recommend using an aluminum or styrene T-plate, both materials are not resilient enough to flex in case you drop the car or hit something.

For your Mustang, you do not need an adapter -- just get a 96mm T-plate from Reflex and mount it in the rearmost position with the MM (or LM) motor mount. That will be 108mm exactly. ;)

You will need a new shock mount, yes, but I wouldn't worry about that until you actually have the rear pod actually attached to the main chassis.

javier668
2011.07.03, 10:34 PM
The longest that you can go using Kyosho parts, would be to use an RM T-plate, MM (or LM) motor mount, and mount the T-plate in the rearmost position: this will get you a 110mm wheelbase. The last 7mm, I would recommend cutting an aluminum adapter to make up for it. I would not recommend using an aluminum or styrene T-plate, both materials are not resilient enough to flex in case you drop the car or hit something.

For your Mustang, you do not need an adapter -- just get a 96mm T-plate from Reflex and mount it in the rearmost position with the MM (or LM) motor mount. That will be 108mm exactly. ;)

You will need a new shock mount, yes, but I wouldn't worry about that until you actually have the rear pod actually attached to the main chassis.

Ok great!, the only problem, the LM motor mounts for MR15 is out of stock at the shop. If i use one for mr03 can fit or not? or will work that one?

Regards!

color01
2011.07.03, 11:08 PM
All recent RWD Mini-Z's (MR02, MR015, MR03) use the same rear motor mounts. :)

javier668
2011.07.03, 11:30 PM
All recent RWD Mini-Z's (MR02, MR015, MR03) use the same rear motor mounts. :)

Sorry i forgot the link, is that one http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=21299

Regards!

Starsky5000
2011.07.10, 09:45 AM
Hi friends.
I'm planning make a dodge charger o challenger using my MR 15, but i need a MM configuration, anyone can helpe please.
If anybody know about the stuff needed to make the change, helpme please.
I'm very new in the Mini Z's RC and the store have tons of parts.

Regards!

I am a Dodge guy also. I'm crazy about the Charger (not the new one) & Challenger. I called Kyosho and told them to please put in a word for me because I want to see a Mini Z Dodge Challenger body. I would buy 10 of them if they ever made a Dodge Challenger body.

javier668
2011.07.10, 01:25 PM
I am a Dodge guy also. I'm crazy about the Charger (not the new one) & Challenger. I called Kyosho and told them to please put in a word for me because I want to see a Mini Z Dodge Challenger body. I would buy 10 of them if they ever made a Dodge Challenger body.

Jeejeje is a good try, but make a body cost a ton of buck´s and licenses, i love muscle cars and hope in the future kyosho release models for all fans of MC .
For now the best form is make a adaptation from one scale model, im working on that, im waiting for some stuff for my custom adaptation.

Regards!