PDA

View Full Version : Kyosho America Wants Me To Send In My Car!

Starsky5000
2011.07.05, 04:02 PM
I've been speaking with Kyosho America God I gotta say about 2 months now every week. I bought the Mini Z MR-03 JSCC Cup Edition and tried to update the stock motor with Kyosho's MINI-Z bbS Motor High Speed Ty:

This motor:
http://www.kyoshoamerica.com/MINI-Z-bbS-Motor-High-Speed-Ty_p_4426.html

I finally installed it a month ago on my Mini Z and it didn't work at all. So I connected it to a AA battery and the damn thing would work it would go fast then slow down go fast then slow down etc. So I returned it to Kyosho America for a replacement and I got the placement a week and half later and this motor worked for 1 minute connected to my mini z and then it stopped working. I tried it with a AA battery and it works.

I don't know what the problem is. I also tried a PN Racing Mini-Z PNWC Bushing 50 Turn Motor and that didn't work at all when I connected it to my mini z.

I called Kyosho and told them my problem. They told me to send in my car because it seems i'm having a hard time with it. He'll take a look at it free of charge. I told him I invested a $1000 in this car and I didn't even play with it yet.

arch2b
2011.07.05, 04:11 PM
it's called 'warranty service' ;) send it in. you may need a copy of the receipt showing you purchased it from a licensed U.S. retailer. if you bought it online, simply print a PDF copy of the purchase order. they typically email you a form to fill out to along with the return.

i've had to send cars in myself and they have always been fair and timely in their service and response.

Starsky5000
2011.07.05, 04:17 PM
it's called 'warranty service' ;) send it in. you may need a copy of the receipt showing you purchased it from a licensed U.S. retailer. if you bought it online, simply print a PDF copy of the purchase order. they typically email you a form to fill out to along with the return.

i've had to send cars in myself and they have always been fair and timely in their service and response.

Thank You arch. He just told me send it in and make sure I put a tracking # or get signature confirmation. But thank you for letting me know about the receipt and form to fill out. He didn't mention them. He just told me to send it in. Attention: Efrain.

arch2b
2011.07.05, 04:40 PM
here is the form they sent me.

Starsky5000
2011.07.05, 06:02 PM
Should I leave the batteries in the car and transmitter and mail it like that or take them out to save on weight?

arch2b
2011.07.05, 06:25 PM
do not ship your batteries unless they expressly requested this.

Starsky5000
2011.07.05, 06:44 PM
do not ship your batteries unless they expressly requested this.

Thank You.

arch2b
2011.07.05, 07:00 PM
i would confirm precisely what they want shipped. last time all i ahd to ship was the main chassis piece with the electronic pcb. they didn't need anything else and i would not ship anything but what they request as they will need to ship it back.

Starsky5000
2011.07.05, 07:08 PM
i would confirm precisely what they want shipped. last time all i ahd to ship was the main chassis piece with the electronic pcb. they didn't need anything else and i would not ship anything but what they request as they will need to ship it back.

Thank You arch. Tomorrow I'll call to make sure exactly what they want shipped.

Starsky5000
2011.07.06, 02:42 PM
I called today. He wants me to ship my MR-03 chassis, Lamborghini Countach body, and Controller. No batteries.

Starsky5000
2011.07.07, 02:02 PM
I believe something is wrong with my mini z circuit board. The only motor that works perfectly is the stock motor that came with my Mini Z. The other 2 motors I bought I had problems when connected to the mini Z board. One was an upgraded Kyosho ball bearing motor the other was a PN motor.

He will check out the car with motor.

He will also tell me EXACTLY what parts I need to purchase from Kyosho to get my Lamborghini Countach body to fit with hopefully a damper system in place.

reaper
2011.07.12, 02:08 PM
just for ****s and grins

wire your motor to 2xaa cells and leave it hooked up till the batterys run out ........then put it in your car and try it