PDA

View Full Version : Hex Head Screws

arch2b
2011.07.05, 04:06 PM
anyone know of a legit manufacturer or distributor for hex head steel or ti screws? i'm constantly loosing them and no offense to PN and or Atomic but they are simply to expensive to continue to purchase replacements a few at a time. it would be more cost effective to find a manufacturer or distributor and buy in larger quantities.

blt456
2011.07.05, 08:07 PM
You mentioned either titanium or steel, so why not just go with the PN racing steel screw sets? It's $2.28 for 10 screws, that's pretty cheap.

bermbuster
2011.07.05, 08:37 PM
anyone know of a legit manufacturer or distributor for hex head steel or ti screws? i'm constantly loosing them and no offense to PN and or Atomic but they are simply to expensive to continue to purchase replacements a few at a time. it would be more cost effective to find a manufacturer or distributor and buy in larger quantities.

Contact tony at:

www.tonysscrews.com

he does a lot of screws for RC....

arch2b
2011.07.05, 09:29 PM
when you have a small fleet of cars, 10 just isn't enough. atomic and pn are buying them from someone, not making them. just looking for a similar manuf/distributor to get better volume pricing. not asking for pn/atomic source to cut them out. i'm sure there are several people making these.

dr_hfuhuhurr
2011.07.06, 08:37 AM
http://www.fastener-express.com/

I've purchased screws from this company as well...not really much of a titanium screw store but they have aluminum screws that are pretty nice.

glider
2011.07.06, 10:59 AM
Are you finding the m2 aluminum screws match the thread pitch used for Mini-Z?

cosmicsoul
2011.07.06, 03:01 PM
I feel your paint Arch. Good luck on your quest.

I have searched for hours and hours.

When it comes down to it most of the screw prices out there are not really that great.

At one point I found a source off a helicopter forum that seemed pretty reasonable but never pulled the trigger.

Maybe collectively we could encourage PN, Atomic or Reflex to perhaps consider selling larger quantities of screws at a discounted rate for those who would choose to purchase them that way.

Just a thought.

Old Crow
2011.07.06, 03:07 PM
How about Titanium? Anyone find a source for that? Cheaper would be nice and higher quantity would not be bad, but I just can't find Titanium screws in a Mini-z size anywhere. PN is even sold out in the popular sizes.