PDA

View Full Version : PN Charger dead?

imxlr8ed
2011.07.06, 11:35 AM
Hooked up my 2 chargers last night and one of them (they are on the combined lexan stand) is out of commision. The fan runs but there are no beeps and no backlight on the screen. I checked all the connections, they all seem tight and solid... I was wondering if it got bumped in transit from my previous race and had broke a connection or something but it is getting power, just seems to be an internal issue.

Any ideas... anyone? should I crack it open and see if anything is burned out? Can the USB connection give me a diagnosis? Is there a fuse in there that can pop? Anyone else ever have this happen?

themelis factor
2011.07.06, 07:20 PM
Hooked up my 2 chargers last night and one of them (they are on the combined lexan stand) is out of commision. The fan runs but there are no beeps and no backlight on the screen. I checked all the connections, they all seem tight and solid... I was wondering if it got bumped in transit from my previous race and had broke a connection or something but it is getting power, just seems to be an internal issue.

Any ideas... anyone? should I crack it open and see if anything is burned out? Can the USB connection give me a diagnosis? Is there a fuse in there that can pop? Anyone else ever have this happen?

If you open it up there is a connection for the screen itself maybe it came loose if im not mistaken there is also a fuse that might have popped too.

imxlr8ed
2011.07.07, 10:19 AM
If you open it up there is a connection for the screen itself maybe it came loose if im not mistaken there is also a fuse that might have popped too.

Ok, I may have time tonight to open it up and look at it... I'm hoping its going to be an easy fix like that.

Thanks!

imxlr8ed
2011.07.08, 08:15 AM
I got it apart last night and I didn't see any kind of loose connections or any kind of fuse inside the S6. The screen is direct soldered to the main board. and I really didn't want to un-install the main board because it appears to have heatsinks installed to the backplate and I know they usually don't remove without damage. I didn't see any fried resistors or loose connections anywhere... just seems to have decided to quit working.

The USB might be the one thing I should try... maybe it'll let me in on why it quit.