PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Ko Propo EX-1 UR Replacement Antenna Damaged During Shipping?

Starsky5000
2011.07.12, 08:28 AM
My EX-1 UR 2.4GHz SS Tx/Rx #80190 Antenna was damaged during shipping to Kyosho. Kyosho customer service said it was bent 90 degrees. :(

Is their a black replacement antenna or cap anyone offers that I can purchase?

Also I bought this Transmitter from Tinyrc.com 3 months ago and wonder if it's still under warranty to get a replacement if their is no antenna for it.

Thank You,
Navindra

Scrapper
2011.07.12, 08:48 AM
I dont think shipping damage is covered by warranty,

Starsky5000
2011.07.12, 09:09 AM
I dont think shipping damage is covered by warranty,

Do you where I can get a new antenna (Black) or a cap for this transmitter antenna hole?

Thanx Scrapper.

arch2b
2011.07.12, 01:34 PM
My EX-1 UR 2.4GHz SS Tx/Rx #80190 Antenna was damaged during shipping to Kyosho. Kyosho customer service said it was bent 90 degrees. :(...
there is your answer. damaged in route to manufacturer, ended up in distribution chain. submit a support ticket to TRC and or warranty claim to kyosho to have it repaired or replaced.

Starsky5000
2011.07.12, 02:48 PM
there is your answer. damaged in route to manufacturer, ended up in distribution chain. submit a support ticket to TRC and or warranty claim to kyosho to have it repaired or replaced.

Okay this is what happened I bought the transmitter from Tinyrc.com about 3 months ago.

I've been having problems mounting my Countach body and been having problems with the motor. Kyosho told me to send in my transmitter, MR-03, and Countach body. He said they will take a look at my car and fit the Countach body for me.

So I packaged it up bubble wrapped all around but during shipping the antenna poked out of the box and got bent 90 degrees. I even wrote fragile on the box.

What should I do? Contact TinyRC? Is it still under warranty?

arch2b
2011.07.12, 02:56 PM
tuff one there. may fall under Owner responsibility as it was your responsibility to package and ship. did you ask Kyosho if they would replace it? if not, simply ask as it would save you the time to purchase, ship and do so yourself. just pay them directly if they do that. if you had purchased insurance (i always do for expensive items), you could file a claim with USPS.

TRC would not be responsible for shipping damage done under your Ownership. if it were a warranty issue, they would forward it to Kyosho unless it were damaged by TRC or in route from TRC.

Starsky5000
2011.07.12, 03:23 PM
Okay I need help in finding a replacement antenna. I've been looking but no luck so far. It's not the antenna on the mini z module. It's the non functioning one on top of the transmitter.

arch2b
2011.07.12, 03:33 PM
is kyosho able to replace it? have you asked them? it would save you all this time and trouble.

Starsky5000
2011.07.12, 03:38 PM
is kyosho able to replace it? have you asked them? it would save you all this time and trouble.

They said no. They said to contact Ko Propo.

arch2b
2011.07.12, 03:59 PM
your providing many of the answers your seeking ;)

Starsky5000
2011.07.12, 04:16 PM
your providing many of the answers your seeking ;)

I contacted Ko Propo and they provided me with the part # for a replacement antenna. The BAD part is I have to:

You will have to remove the back half of the transmitter case. Then unscrew the antenna from the stopper on the bottom of the antenna and it will pull out.

I don't want to mess around with my transmitter. I thought it would just unscrew and thats it.

arch2b
2011.07.12, 04:23 PM
try using it like it is. i don't even have my antenna on my helios module. the hard plastic thing broke so the wire just dangles. haven't had a problem using it like it is.

blt456
2011.07.12, 04:29 PM
So it seems you have two options...

1. Use the transmitter as it is. I broke the antenna off of my ex-1 ur on accident and it doesn't matter since I use 2.4.

2. Just replace the antenna. Unscrewing the back case won't cause any damage. Just be careful, I've taken apart this controller a few times and it's really easy to work with.

mini-z
2011.07.24, 03:13 PM
Okay I need help in finding a replacement antenna. I've been looking but no luck so far. It's not the antenna on the mini z module. It's the non functioning one on top of the transmitter.

Do you have a 27MHz module, or are you only using 2.4GHz? If the latter, this antenna should have been removed in the first place - I'll check to ensure this is the right part, but my EX-10 came with this Antenna Cap since the telescopic antenna should be removed when you are running 2.4GHz which has its own antenna on the module. :)