PDA

View Full Version : New chassis set-up?

thestug
2011.07.13, 05:26 PM
I ordered a new chassis for my AWD because my old one is cracked and now falling apart. I have two questions that need answered.

1. What can I do to prevent the chassis from warping over time due to motor heat? I have heard of people pre-heating the chassis to prevent warping, but how is this done?

2. I have rebuilt an AWD before, but how on earth do you get a kyosho titanuim drive shaft installed without taking the pinion off?

Any other chassis building tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bodom
2011.07.14, 03:07 AM
2. I have rebuilt an AWD before, but how on earth do you get a kyosho titanuim drive shaft installed without taking the pinion off?

I found out that the one ting that helps the most on changing main shaft is unscrewing the little thing that holds the on/off switch in place. It's screw is situated in the battery compartment. You have to remove board cover and servo cover as well. After that it is a matter of time and a little puzzle to change the main shaft. And use the holes to the battery compartment. :D

thestug
2011.07.14, 10:57 AM
I found out that the one ting that helps the most on changing main shaft is unscrewing the little thing that holds the on/off switch in place. It's screw is situated in the battery compartment. You have to remove board cover and servo cover as well. After that it is a matter of time and a little puzzle to change the main shaft. And use the holes to the battery compartment. :D

Thanks, I will try this. Anyone else know about how to prevent warping?

Scrapper
2011.07.14, 10:59 AM
Word of advice for awd hardwire the battery terminal leads to the board

cowboysir
2011.07.14, 11:28 AM
Certain chassis are less prone to warping/tweak so it really depends on which one you bought.

The nature of plastic is you either have a chassis prone to tweaking or you have plastic that doesn't flex and is prone to breakage, IMO...gotta take your chances with one or the other I guess.

thestug
2011.07.14, 12:03 PM
Certain chassis are less prone to warping/tweak so it really depends on which one you bought.

The nature of plastic is you either have a chassis prone to tweaking or you have plastic that doesn't flex and is prone to breakage, IMO...gotta take your chances with one or the other I guess.

I got the blue/grey chassis. I heard the plastic is harder on this chassis. I'm not too worried about it actually breaking because I mostly drift. However, I am worried about the heat the motor creates when drifting and causing the chassis to warp over time.

thestug
2011.07.14, 12:07 PM
Word of advice for awd hardwire the battery terminal leads to the board

Ok, I might have to try this, but what advantages does this have. If the advantage is to try to get that extra bit of speed in a race I probably will not hardwire. I mostly drift so It will probably be more convenient to just screw the board inplace.

thestug
2011.07.14, 12:29 PM
Still can't find information on how this is done.

1. What can I do to prevent the chassis from warping over time due to motor heat? I have heard of people pre-heating the chassis to prevent warping, but how is this done?