PDA

View Full Version : 2.4ghz problem

thestug
2011.07.21, 04:59 PM
Ok, this is not exactly a mini-z problem, but it is a mini-z board. I have a Losi micro SCT with 2.4ghz mini-z electronics. The problem I have been having is the motor will only work for a few seconds at a time and then stop. The motor is a stock losi micro motor and the battery is a 7.4v 250mah Lipo battery. What would cause the car to run and stop after a few seconds. Also it will run as long as I don't stop. If I stop the car's motor will stop responding, but the servo still works so it is recieving the signal. I also can't brake or reverse because that involves returning the throttle to a neutral position. Anyone know what is wrong?

reaper
2011.07.21, 05:02 PM
sounds like the thermal overload is kicking in

tryed a tamer motor ?

thestug
2011.07.22, 09:38 AM
sounds like the thermal overload is kicking in

tryed a tamer motor ?

The motor should be pretty tame its a stock losi micro motor, which is smaller than the 130 size mini-z motors. I would think that this motor wouldn't draw much current, but I could be wrong. Anyway I think I'm going to try a different stock motor.

reaper
2011.07.22, 11:15 AM
the losi motors are a lower wind (and smaller coils) than a regular 130 size motor thats why a losi micro board has a 2x fet stack

try it with a 130 size xmod or mini-z motor just to see