PDA

View Full Version : Version 0.72 of Flip Side Racing software released

pinwc4
2011.07.24, 02:32 PM
I have posted version 0.72 of Flip Side Racing software for everyone to be able to download. This version has no new features, just some minor changes and 1 bug fix. You can download the software from the main project site here:

http://www.flipsideracing.org/

Changes

Added more spacing options to the row spacing used for the race screen.
If no race is running and you switch to the statistics screen it will refresh the statistics for the selected previous race.
Start button on the race config screen uses the same method to start a race as the start button on the race screen.
When the application is first launch the first record on the edit racers screen is automatically selected instead of no record.
Added logic to prevent the start race and end race routines from being called twice.
Changed Giro-z transponder sensitivity from +/- 5% to +/- 25%.
Changed various deprecated objects and methods such as statictext, editfields, openaspicture etc. to the new object and method types.

Bug Fixes

Fixed error that could occur if you go to the edit racers screen after opening the program, type in values and click save without ever clicking create new racer or selecting a racer to edit.

Of special interest to me though is if anyone is running the software on Mac OSX Lion yet. I do not have a Mac capable of running it so I am interested to know if it works properly. I see no reason that it should not but would like to know if people have had success.

As always I welcome any feedback.

arch2b
2011.07.24, 02:40 PM
first time i've seen this but on install, it slows at installing uninstaller on my machine around 75% for awhile. i actually get the (not responding) ghosting for a couple seconds. win7, 64bit, home premimum

pinwc4
2011.07.24, 03:06 PM
first time i've seen this but on install, it slows at installing uninstaller on my machine around 75% for awhile. i actually get the (not responding) ghosting for a couple seconds. win7, 64bit, home premimum

Very strange, I ran it on Win 7 64 bit Enterprise and do not encounter that. It may be time for me to update the installer anyway though. I have been using the same version of the install builder (a separate product from the programming) since it was first introduced.

arch2b
2011.07.24, 03:11 PM
installation completed fine in all, just that one little hiccup for me.

reaper
2011.07.30, 04:58 PM
i sold my core system a wile ago so havent used F/S for some time , well jus got another core and downloaded the latest software and love the changes you have made .....bar one the new voices i just carnt get on with ,im sure on the older version it was a rather plesent female voice . anyway to get this back ?

mikedw
2011.07.30, 05:40 PM
I believe the voice is based on what version of windows you have. It can be changed in the control panel under text to speech.

reaper
2011.07.30, 05:48 PM
ahhh thanks i will give that a shot ..thanks :)

pinwc4
2011.07.30, 06:21 PM
That is correct, the voices themselves are not controlled by the software. They depend on what is setup in your OS (I assume Windows).

In Windows to configure Text To Speech settings you must go to your control panel and then go to the Speech applet. Within this applet you can choose different voices and change the speed of the speaking rate.

If you are using Windows XP the built in voice is pretty bad. You can get a slightly better voice for free from here:

http://www.imptec.com/SpeechXP.exe

That adds Microsoft Mike and Mary as voice options.

There are also voices that can be purchased. They are pricey but sound much better than any free voices for XP. I use a voice from AT&T's Natural Voices but they cost 50$ each.

Windows 7 has a better built in voice, Microsoft Anna, though I would still say AT&T's are still slightly better than it.

mikedw
2011.07.30, 07:58 PM
If you install microsoft streets and trips it will install the Anna voice. I'm wondering if you install the demo, will it give you the voice too?

pinwc4
2011.07.30, 09:08 PM
If you install microsoft streets and trips it will install the Anna voice. I'm wondering if you install the demo, will it give you the voice too?

I had forgotten that Anna was included with that and would install on Windows XP. Yeah, you used to be able to install the demo and get that voice, and even after you uninstall the demo you still had the voice. But it is a really large download, something like 1.5GB.