PDA

View Full Version : Does These 2 Parts Replace Both Plastic Bushings on the Left Rear Differential Hub?

Starsky5000
2011.07.24, 07:58 PM
You know those 2 plastic bushings. One that slips onto the hub. Does this part replace it without a need for the plastic bushing:

http://www.reflexracing.net/proddetail.asp?prod=QT-080801-BL

Also does this part replace the plastic bushing right behind the left rear nut that holds the left wheel in place:

http://www.reflexracing.net/proddetail.asp?prod=QT-080802-BL

blt456
2011.07.24, 08:17 PM
The left hub is the part that you screw down to the differential shaft. This allows you to put on the left wheel (still need a bushing, bearing or qteq locknut in the left wheel)

The second link is for the QTEQ locknuts for the left rear wheel. As in the item's description, the bushing is no longer required because if you look, the back side of the locknut is longer (built in bushing).

Starsky5000
2011.07.25, 07:31 AM
The left hub is the part that you screw down to the differential shaft. This allows you to put on the left wheel (still need a bushing, bearing or qteq locknut in the left wheel)

Do you know where I can purchase a bearing or qteq locknut for the left hub instead of using the bushing?

Thank You.

greenepa76
2011.07.25, 10:37 AM
Why would you want to use the bearing? That part doesn't move. It just clamps the wheel down to the axle with the inner wheel flange. The bearing also adds weight. The Qteq nut doesn't always work as well if you have a worn center bore in the bushing and will create a wobble once tightened down. I have several of these coned nuts that I don't use from Qteq diff kits. If you're so set on a bearing, find out the size and go to Avid bearing's website and order an individual bearing. Might as well order another set of bearings too while you're at it because shipping will cost more than the single bearing itself.

blt456
2011.07.25, 11:17 AM
You do realize that reflex racing is a store, right? The link you gave for the locknut is where you buy it...

find out the size and go to Avid bearing's website and order an individual bearing. Might as well order another set of bearings too while you're at it because shipping will cost more than the single bearing itself.

I agree here, I buy my bearings from avidrc.com because each bearing is only $1.00 and they are good.
front: 2x6x2.5 mm (non flanged)
rear: 3x6x2.5mm (non flanged)

greenepa76
2011.07.25, 11:25 AM
BLT, sometimes a response is futile. Look at the previous posts.......

Starsky5000
2011.07.25, 03:48 PM
The Qteq nut doesn't always work as well if you have a worn center bore in the bushing and will create a wobble once tightened down. I have several of these coned nuts that I don't use from Qteq diff kits.

So what are you saying greenepa?

Don't get the Qteq coned nuts?

I need to know.

Thanx all.

color01
2011.07.25, 04:01 PM
For you, Starsky, I would actually recommend you to buy the Qteq coned nut and Qteq rear left differential hub. Don't bother buying a single extra bearing, just use the Qteq hub and nut, and you won't have to ever worry about it again.

Btw, the two links you put in your first post are the exact link you should purchase the parts from. Good job. :)

EMU
2011.07.25, 06:47 PM
I use these parts on a lot of my cars, and I get them from Reflex Racing (links posted in original post).