PDA

View Full Version : Ride height

Mania
2011.07.30, 08:43 AM
I've been running the PN LCG 94/98mm mount on my MR-03 in the 98mm setting, but I bought a 2007 GT bodied 350Z, but the rear diffuser area didn't allow for almost any suspension movement and would scrape the ground. The bearing spacers are already at the highest setting (the '2' spacers, I believe).

Should I put spacers under the T bar, or move the body clips up, or shave the diffuser, or what? Is this a known problem with the body/mount, or have I done something incorrectly?

cowboysir
2011.07.30, 08:47 AM
I had similar problems and I just cut out the diffuser area with a dremel...it (like most cars like that) creates an air scoop behind the motor with th diffuser in place so you'll be dong yourself a performance favour by cutting it out.

Mania
2011.07.30, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the really fast reply, but I'd like to keep shaving the rear off as a last ditch kind of solution even it leaving it on is a performance detriment since the Autoscale is so minty fresh and shiny right now...it hurts to modify it (well, at least before it gets beat up)!

EMU
2011.07.30, 08:59 AM
You can move the clips down a little, as well as move the bearings in the motormount down. Bearings in the high position will lower the chassis, and the body will scrape the track. Your performance will suffer slightly with the increase in ride height and body height... Give it a shot, at least it will keep the ASC in tact.

Mania
2011.07.30, 09:07 AM
Oh sorry, by highest setting I meant that the ride height was at the highest (the bearings are on the lowest position).

How should I remove the side clips? I've never done it before. To reattach, I assume I would use CA glue, right?

cowboysir
2011.07.30, 12:00 PM
You can carefully pry them off with a flathead screwdriver

CA glue works great.