PDA

View Full Version : Kyosho Mini-Z Buggy, MB-010

kyoshosan
2011.08.03, 03:57 PM
New Mini-Z Buggy MB-010 Announced!! This will be by far the biggest release of the year!

See all the pictures Here! (http://kyoshosan.blogspot.com/2011/08/stop-press-kyosho-new-mini-z-buggy-mb.html)

arch2b
2011.08.03, 04:01 PM
New Mini-Z Buggy MB-010 Announced!! This will be by far the biggest release of the year!

See all the pictures Here! (http://kyoshosan.blogspot.com/2011/08/stop-press-kyosho-new-mini-z-buggy-mb.html)

ugg, my wallet hates this news.:p

kyoshosan
2011.08.03, 04:14 PM
ugg, my wallet hates this news.:p

lol Mine too but I can't barely wait :-)

arch2b
2011.08.03, 04:17 PM
i moved this to a new thread as it's not an autoscale. :D

mdowney
2011.08.03, 04:17 PM
I'm also excited about this. We have a Mini-Z club at work and this will draw in a lot more racers who prefer jumps. Love it!

Thanks for breaking the news, Kyoshosan!

reaper
2011.08.03, 04:18 PM
nice concept but doesnt look to hot ....not the standard we have come to expect of kyosho
to me the body wheels shocks all look like old tamiya cheep plastics

hope for more detail and better materials if this is released

arch2b
2011.08.03, 04:20 PM
there overland shocks from the looks of them which means they already have oil shocks as an option.

reaper
2011.08.03, 04:23 PM
there overland shocks from the looks of them which means they already have oil shocks as an option.

good point arch
besides im sure it wont take long for people to start retro-fitting upgrades from other models

im sure losi micro parts will offer some options ;)

Nige55
2011.08.03, 05:16 PM
Could barely beleive the title of the thread, thought it would be a hoax ! But thank the Lord it's not ! I would pre-order 3 already if I could !

Nige55
2011.08.03, 05:18 PM
Oh, and I've just started dreaming of other models / bodies they may bring out for this chassis !

Nige55
2011.08.03, 05:20 PM
Plus, it looks very much to scale proportionally. I've long been dreaming Kyosho would do something like this !

ub0211042
2011.08.03, 06:10 PM
nice! losi micro SCT is just too big for me hehe:D ....it looks like a 4wd to me...any idea? MB010, the 010 prefix for AWD hehe

ruf
2011.08.03, 06:20 PM
I'm in. Can't wait!

arch2b
2011.08.03, 06:43 PM
nice! losi micro SCT is just too big for me hehe:D ....it looks like a 4wd to me...any idea? MB010, the 010 prefix for AWD hehe

technically, 010 is the suffix with MA being the prefix. before...after:p

Nige55
2011.08.03, 06:47 PM
Makes me wonder if there would also be 2wd versions up-ahead, who cares, - I'll buy em' all !

ruf
2011.08.03, 07:07 PM
I thought it was a homemade conversion from the title, but I should expect better from kyoshosan... ;)

I'm thinking of bodies, wings, wheels, 2WD conversions, lions, tigers, and bears oh my!

Nige55
2011.08.03, 07:19 PM
I thought it was a homemade conversion from the title, but I should expect better from kyoshosan... ;)

I'm thinking of bodies, wings, wheels, 2WD conversions, lions, tigers, and bears oh my!

Was that quote from Predator 2 ? LOL ! Wait till the aftermarket get their hands on one, 3...2...1.... GO !!

mikedw
2011.08.03, 07:50 PM
Looks great! I can't wait, November is so far away, lol. The next class with my buddies for sure.

unearthed name
2011.08.03, 08:19 PM
Makes you think why we convert the old race track into a model train field. *sigh*

color01
2011.08.03, 09:56 PM
It's AWD, you can see that it has front driveshafts, and the diff is a similar style (if not conserved) as the MA010. You can also see the bulge for the center spur gear. On the assumption that the central drivetrain is similar to the MA010, that means the motor is up top, batteries symmetrical under and to the side. I want to see how they did the servo implementation! Count me in. :)

kyoshosan
2011.08.03, 11:30 PM
Makes me wonder if there would also be 2wd versions up-ahead, who cares, - I'll buy em' all !

Get in line guys :-) This one will break the record, bigger than iphone releases :-) lollololol

Technical Specs will be out on Sept 04th and the car on November 01st!

I hope the next one will be a MP9 Mini-Z :-)

J-Milz
2011.08.04, 12:41 AM
nice concept but doesnt look to hot ....not the standard we have come to expect of kyosho
to me the body wheels shocks all look like old tamiya cheep plastics

hope for more detail and better materials if this is released

The look is based off the Kyosho optima series from the 80's. I love it. What's even more exciting about this platform is they can make different bodies for this new chassis like a short course truck, and mini inferno's auto scales in the future. I'm also looking forward to see the hop ups from Atomic, and PN. Good job Kyosho!

ruf
2011.08.04, 12:52 AM
there overland shocks from the looks of them which means they already have oil shocks as an option.Look closely. Those ARE oil shocks. :)

ub0211042
2011.08.04, 01:05 AM
technically, 010 is the suffix with MA being the prefix. before...after:p

opssie pardon my English haha :D

d1nzfe
2011.08.04, 10:04 AM
I'm only thinking how to clean it after bashing in dirt! Some dust cover that prevents overheating too?

imxlr8ed
2011.08.04, 10:21 AM
Ok... gonna be sick... :eek:

Now I gotta shovel dirt into my basement. :mad:

j/k

Let's look into our crystal ball here:

I see me ripping portions of my lawn out and packing all the clay down.

I see SC Truck bodies going on these real soon.

I see lexan racer bodies and low profile tires for days when its raining outside and racing on the RCP makes more sense.

I see many more new members to our clubs and sites!

Anyways... curious to know if they're still going with 4 AAA nimhs, and what motor is going into these little beasts (brushless... maybe?).

Wonder why this wasn't released when all the MicroTs were flying off the shelves?

Kevin S.
2011.08.04, 10:23 AM

This is definitely a MUST HAVE :D

kyoshosan
2011.08.04, 10:45 AM
I see me ripping portions of my lawn out and packing all the clay down.

Seems like you're reading our minds :-)

I see SC Truck bodies going on these real soon.

I see lexan racer bodies and low profile tires for days when its raining outside and racing on the RCP makes more sense.

Totally agree! Are you listening Kyosho ?!? :-)

I see many more new members to our clubs and sites![/COLOR]

That's the fun part! Hopefully, one hobby shop, here in Ottawa, might grow interest now :-)

reaper
2011.08.04, 12:28 PM
The look is based off the Kyosho optima series from the 80's. I love it. What's even more exciting about this platform is they can make different bodies for this new chassis like a short course truck, and mini inferno's auto scales in the future. I'm also looking forward to see the hop ups from Atomic, and PN. Good job Kyosho!

i am aware of this mainly because the optima mid was my own weapon of choice back in the day :)

my point was that the material looked cheep not the retro look

imxlr8ed
2011.08.04, 01:53 PM
I'm picturing the knobbies gone and short shocks... maybe shortened arms too. Looks like a racer to me!

I would guess the tires and rims are going to be similar to the F1s (big internal place holder... or maybe they went partial pneumatic?

They don't look like oil shocks... maybe I'm missing something but to me they just look like versions of the old Overland shocks.

Super cool it finally came around though... I'm sure Draconius will be on this thread soon.

arch2b
2011.08.04, 02:16 PM
yep, pointed out they look like overland shock early on ;) if so, we already have options for oil shocks and or low down shocks. the width suggests f1 wheel but could be wide overland wheel? unless wheels are new smaller monster style with foam inserts?

briankstan
2011.08.04, 02:33 PM
They don't look like oil shocks... maybe I'm missing something but to me they just look like versions of the old Overland shocks.

They look like a red version of the overland oil shocks. the standard overland shocks had a different top, if you look close you can see a removable shock cap.

imxlr8ed
2011.08.04, 03:08 PM
Ok... I see it now.

So Brian... an HFAY class for the outdoors? We can all build the same dirt tracks? I'll start the track blueprints with gradients and dirt composition requirements. :D

briankstan
2011.08.04, 04:37 PM
Ok... I see it now.

So Brian... an HFAY class for the outdoors? We can all build the same dirt tracks? I'll start the track blueprints with gradients and dirt composition requirements. :D

these do look pretty cool, I'm excited to see what they drive like and how they can handle a little dirt track. I have room in my back yard for that and already have permission from the wife :)

ruf
2011.08.04, 05:37 PM
One of the things I've always wanted to do was to create a click track barrier combo with tiered garden edging. Keeps mom, dad and kids happy. ruknd - where are you? :)

arch2b
2011.08.04, 05:58 PM
is it me or does the suspension travel look rather limited for dirt track racing? it didn't take much to bottom out an overland.

ruf
2011.08.04, 06:15 PM
That's crazy talk. I don't want some skyjacker setup like the mini Inferno. Keep it low and scale! Arms and bones level! :)

I've run an Overland on an outdoor blue groove track way back when they first came out. The oil shocks definitely help, and pneumatic tires would be the next step. I goofed with a MZM and Tamiya Mini4WD monster truck wheels and that soaked up bumps nicely. I think the solid Overland tires are what kills it's bump compliance.

KyoshoAmerica
2011.08.04, 07:41 PM
I have been very privileged to have driven one and it is awesome, turns on a dime, jumps like a Lazer and soakes up the bumps like a champ. I cannot devulge much further info other then yes it does have oil shocks and it does use AAA batteries. All other info will be released in due time. it's a project that has been many years in the making. Kyosho's engineers & designers did not want release a product like others on the market which we felt are lacking in real offroad performance, as well as other issues. They have done some awesome things with this product and in due time they will reveal more of it's amazing features. Also one last thing a product of this caliber does not work with poor quality materials and tooling, the compitition has proven that already.

PS this actually may not be our biggest product announcement this year.;)

I will not and cannot say more on this.

Keep an eye on the Kyosho Japan and America websites as this is were real info will be released as always first.

EMU
2011.08.04, 07:58 PM
Is any of the development for this chassis going to go into an on-road chassis, say an upgrade for the current Mini-Z AWD? With shorter arms and perhaps a wider arm mount position... I would assume that the balance on this is going to be much better than the current AWD...

Is there any chance that we could get images next to a mini-Z to see the size comparison (wheelbase/track width). I know you have one next to a KT-18, but it would be much easier to compare it to an MR03/02... I definitely will get one, ive been very disappointed with the inferior quality on the other released buggies/trucks.

njd13
2011.08.04, 08:00 PM
I can feel pain in the wallet area....

J-Milz
2011.08.04, 10:22 PM
i am aware of this mainly because the optima mid was my own weapon of choice back in the day :)

my point was that the material looked cheep not the retro look

I guess everyone has an opinion. :eek: Mine? This will bring mini Z's back in a major way. About time Kyosho. Kudos.

Now, if Kyosho is listening. How about a multiple model version of the kt-18?

kyoshosan
2011.08.04, 11:05 PM
I have been very privileged to have driven one and it is awesome, turns on a dime, jumps like a Lazer and soakes up the bumps like a champ. I cannot divulge much further info other then yes it does have oil shocks and it does use AAA batteries. All other info will be released in due time. it's a project that has been many years in the making. Kyosho's engineers & designers did not want release a product like others on the market which we felt are lacking in real off-road performance, as well as other issues. They have done some awesome things with this product and in due time they will reveal more of it's amazing features. Also one last thing a product of this caliber does not work with poor quality materials and tooling, the competition has proven that already.

Wow! Thanks for sharing that!

Oh my god! Now I can't sleep anymore :-)

It is great to have Kyosho here in the forum!

imxlr8ed
2011.08.05, 09:38 AM
I cannot devulge much further info other then yes it does have oil shocks and it does use AAA batteries. .

Hmmm... no response on the motor of choice... ;)

I will just assume it's a brushless setup then! :D:D:D j/k

Thanks for giving us some insight into this, I'm sure most of the excitement here for this release is based on the quality standards we have all have come to appreciate over the years from Kyosho!

mini-z
2011.08.07, 03:52 PM
I have been very privileged to have driven one and it is awesome, turns on a dime, jumps like a Lazer and soakes up the bumps like a champ. I cannot devulge much further info other then yes it does have oil shocks and it does use AAA batteries. All other info will be released in due time. it's a project that has been many years in the making. Kyosho's engineers & designers did not want release a product like others on the market which we felt are lacking in real offroad performance, as well as other issues. They have done some awesome things with this product and in due time they will reveal more of it's amazing features. Also one last thing a product of this caliber does not work with poor quality materials and tooling, the compitition has proven that already.

I will not and cannot say more on this.

Keep an eye on the Kyosho Japan and America websites as this is were real info will be released as always first.

Thanks for sharing C! Can't wait to see/hear more!!! :):cool:

mini-z
2011.08.07, 03:56 PM
I guess everyone has an opinion. :eek: Mine? This will bring mini Z's back in a major way. About time Kyosho. Kudos.

Now, if Kyosho is listening. How about a multiple model version of the kt-18?

The KT-18 can accommodate up to I believe 3 models - can't recall the trick to it off the top of my head though - anyone else? :)

mini-z
2011.08.07, 03:57 PM

010 doesn't correspond to AWD. In addition to the MA-010, the nomenclature was used for e.g. the LIT (ML-010) and was retroactively applied to the F1 (MF-010) - both 2WD models! :)

JAC
2011.08.07, 04:05 PM
PS this actually may not be our biggest product announcement this year.

I may have a vague idea as to what this new product might be......if he was referring to their smaller scale products like the mini-z...

arch2b
2011.08.07, 04:48 PM
I may have a vague idea as to what this new product might be......if he was referring to their smaller scale products like the mini-z...

dnano motorcycle? there was some random links on asian websites for a rumored dnano motorcycle. sorry, off track from topic... buggy :)

JAC
2011.08.07, 07:01 PM
My thoughts exactly, but in the video the motorcycle looks too big to be near the dnano scale, more like the mini z size to me......right buggy!:D

ub0211042
2011.08.07, 09:04 PM
010 doesn't correspond to AWD. In addition to the MA-010, the nomenclature was used for e.g. the LIT (ML-010) and was retroactively applied to the F1 (MF-010) - both 2WD models! :)

wasn't aware of that..thanks! :D

herman
2011.08.08, 12:07 AM
thanks for the info looks pretty cool... can't really tell if it is really a 4wd platform... can anybody confirm?

herman
2011.08.08, 12:10 AM
duh just saw the official kyosho link below and it is 4wd... :D

mini-z buggy (http://www.kyosho.com/eng/fun/special/miniz_buggy/index.html)

maybe we should edit the thread to

2.4ghz AWD Kyosho Mini-Z Buggy, MB-010 ?

herman
2011.08.08, 07:06 AM
saw more pics...

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32054&stc=1&d=1312801564

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32055&stc=1&d=1312801564

can anyone make out a rough translation?

Cherub1m
2011.08.08, 12:55 PM
WOW!!! just noticed this. Very nice.

benmlee
2011.08.09, 12:31 AM
Looks very nice.
Hope the entire drive train and servo gears are well sealed. Dirt at this scale ravage the gears if is not sealed like the drive train on the Micro SCT.
Changing to brass pinion gear fixed the SCT gear, but small servo gears like the ones used on the mini-z will be hopeless against dirt.

180SX SR20
2011.08.10, 11:47 PM
I just looked at the Kyosho Japan website earlier this week. I didn't realize it started a discussion here already.

I wanted something to bash around in the dirt, but those Losi's aren't really made to go into the dirt. They can also get pricey if I wanted to go 2.4ghz and brushless.
I was about to get a Mini Slash VXL since its water proof, but got a 1/10 LRP Blast with 2.4ghz electronics.
Now Kyosho is coming out with a MB-010, and I can't wait to get my hands on one. Hopefully, it can handle the dirt and have a sealed chassis and maybe a brushless option too. Wow, waterproof, 2.4ghz and brushless...imagine that in an RTR 1/24 scale.

This weekend, hopefully, I will go to Kyosho headquarters/R246 Garage and see if I could pre-order one. I might put in a pre-order for a NSX type R ASC too.

Bung-drew
2011.09.11, 10:24 AM
Just checked their site today, turns out theres also a lazer ZX 5 body available as well, can come as a chassis or a 2.4 ghz readyset with a board equipped with chase mode.

Did I mention:
Sealed and dirt proof diff gear box
Slipper clutch
Equipped with ball bearings
Optional gyro unit can be used
Covered twin battery boxes much like on the losi micro rally/scts