PDA

View Full Version : Nissan GTR Skyline MR-015 on MR-03 chassis

Dirt
2011.08.05, 01:48 AM
Hi all, i have the Blue/White Nissan GTR Skyline for MR-015 chassis that i would like to use on my MR-03 chassis.
Im changing the motormount wich i think will take care of the wheelbase.
But how about mounting the actual body on the chassis? The front plate that followed the body does not fit the MR-03. Also im not sure if it will attach to the rear?
Can i do modifications myself at home, or do i need any special parts.

cowboysir
2011.08.05, 08:06 AM
The nose clip should be a direct swap. Kyosho has not changed that design from one chassis platform to the next....

As for the rear, I guess you are wondering if the wheelbase can reduce down to 94mm (or do you have a newer 98mm skyline gtr?)? If it's newer then the wheelbase should adjust no problem but the stock MM pod doesn't reduce down to 94mm.

Dirt
2011.08.05, 10:35 AM
I figured the rear, no problem.
And you are correct, the nose clip fits, but the front wheels are not sentered in the fender. So, is the only way then to trim the fenders..?

pomme de terre
2011.08.05, 03:08 PM
Did you switch to the narrow MR03 front end?

cowboysir
2011.08.05, 04:49 PM
centered side to side or centered front to back? Side to side means your wheels arent the same offset and back and forth happens once in a while...I have 2 out of three ferrari f430Gt's that have that front wheelwell problem and as long as it doesnt rub i ignore it.

If it rubs take a hobby knife and carefully trim some plastic.

mini-z
2011.08.07, 02:25 PM
I figured the rear, no problem.
And you are correct, the nose clip fits, but the front wheels are not sentered in the fender. So, is the only way then to trim the fenders..?

As pomme suggested, it sounds like you're currently set up "Wide" - you need to swap to "Narrow" in order to run the MR-015 body. Let us know if you're not clear on what this means... :)

Dirt
2011.08.10, 02:13 PM
Ah, i understand now. Yes i currently have the wide, so i will change for the narrow. Thaks guys! :-)

herman
2011.08.10, 10:01 PM
glad you sorted it out... now take a pic and post your ride for all to see... :D
oh and welcome to the forums

Skv012a
2011.12.01, 04:35 PM
In most cases, wide front should clear "narrow" bodies just fine if you use -1 or 0N rims. I run my 240Z that way and don't really notice too many problems outside of my driver error; that and supergluing the tire sidewalls helps a ton.