PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming/New products at Reflex

CristianTabush
2011.08.10, 03:43 PM
In an effort to condense our newest product releases, we start this thread here.

For the month, we just received the V2 lexan wing kits. The V2 wings are made of thinner Lexan which make the wings lighter weight and also more flexible, they keep the same part number: RX1162

We are also expecting the arrival of our lightweight differential parts in the next 10 days or so. Pictures and a very brief PRE-order is coming soon. They will be available in Reflex Ice Blue, Reflex Gray, Silver, Dark Blue (PN/Kyosho) and Black.

arch2b
2011.08.10, 03:46 PM
look forward to them.

narrow wing ready yet?

CristianTabush
2011.08.10, 04:08 PM
Narrow wing should be coming soon, as well as a flat rear wing with no scoop according to our wing dude (Joe). We have a new place doing our Lexan, the wings are soooo much better now :) better finish and quality!

CristianTabush
2011.08.10, 04:09 PM
BTW Arch, can you add a "g" to our title? :P

ruf
2011.08.10, 06:07 PM
Narrow wing proto pics next week! Keep your eyes peeled! ;)

EMU
2011.08.10, 09:08 PM
This is good news :) Looking forward to the new diff parts and wings.

chad508
2011.08.10, 11:26 PM
cant wait to get my hands on some of rr's new parts. i like the idea of a flat wing when you just dont need a ton of rear grip. keep the parts coming and i will keep buying.:)

hrdrvr
2011.08.11, 11:03 AM
A rear wing with the posts not molded in would be cool too. I like the idea of setting my own wing height. With the current wing, it is easy to raise, but nearly impossible to lower. I run a pretty low height compared to most, and our club rules (and those of the Carolina Cup, which we base our club rules off of) forbid the wing being wider or higher than the body. This means I have to keep them low to the trunk lid to get much rear lip. I can only run the RR wing on a select few bodies because of this.

ruf
2011.08.11, 02:39 PM
The flat wing has lower mounting posts for bodies with a higher rear trunk lid. :)

hrdrvr
2011.08.11, 03:42 PM
Sounds good Joe. You guys never disappoint, so I am looking forward to testing the new wings, for sure!

CristianTabush
2011.08.15, 12:53 AM
RX1180 Ultra Light Weight Diff Housing Kit

http://www.reflexracing.net/prodimages/thumbnails/RX1180_03.jpg

These new differential parts from Reflex Racing are designed not only to be light weight but they are also the first differential designed to minimize spur gear slop- no matter what brand of spur gear.

This kit includes ultra lightweight diff adjustment nut, diff housing and lightweight left hub.

Must be used with a 2mm bearing or bushing and round style-Kyosho/Atomic/Jomurema diff rings. The rings must be glued to the diff half.

machgo5go
2011.08.15, 07:02 AM
RX1180 Ultra Light Weight Diff Housing Kit

http://www.reflexracing.net/prodimages/thumbnails/RX1180_03.jpg

These new differential parts from Reflex Racing are designed not only to be light weight but they are also the first differential designed to minimize spur gear slop- no matter what brand of spur gear.

This kit includes ultra lightweight diff adjustment nut, diff housing and lightweight left hub.

Must be used with a 2mm bearing or bushing and round style-Kyosho/Atomic/Jomurema diff rings. The rings must be glued to the diff half. So this is a kit, not complete Assembly like other manufacturers which I was looking forward to?

chad508
2011.08.15, 07:32 AM
i have to ask the $1000 question. how much lighter than others on the market? plus i like the idea of buy everything in pieces instead of a kit. it allows me to build it the way i want it not the way the company wants me to buy it.

CristianTabush
2011.08.15, 11:14 AM
It is the diff Housings, the diff nut and the left hub. Don't know if we will offer assemblies any time soon, but we'll consider it. If anything, we might offer a complete diff kit. We still don't make a differential shaft as good as the PN of the Jomurema or diff rings that are as durable and good quality as the Kyosho ones. If we can't build better ones, we will suggest to keep using them until we do.

We will see if we can still get some packed separately, where we can offer the left housing and diff nut together and then the left hub separately.

The idea for these is to offer a product similar to the QTEQ parts at a lower cost and higher availability. With the Yen getting so strong the QTEQ stuff keeps getting more and more expensive.

I don't have the official weight because I still don't have the production units in my hands. They should be close to the same weight as QTEQ items. The difference is they have 3 prongs instead of 6, which moves the weight closer to the center of the shaft for harder acceleration/deceleration. The outside diff half does not have as big of a recession for the spur gear bearing though. While it still is recessed, it has a thicker rim and it is built up to eliminate spur gear movement side-to-side. This provides a much more stable spur gear.

CristianTabush
2011.08.31, 09:40 PM
Diff parts are scheduled to arrive tomorrow!!!

machgo5go
2011.08.31, 10:49 PM
The flat wing has lower mounting posts for bodies with a higher rear trunk lid. :) When you think it will be in production?

CristianTabush
2011.09.02, 11:55 AM
I still have not received the molds from Joe, so I do not have a date on the new wing completion.

On another note, we have just received our new MR-03/MR-02 Springs! These are ultra high quality, super precise, more linear and consistent matched spring sets. They will go on the site over the weekend.

They include:
-RX1182 Kyosho Oil Shock Spring Set:
*15g and 25g : These are made in correct lengths and spring tension to use especially with Tri Shock Set- Ups and DPS with FRP Plates. These springs are stiffer than the Kyosho springs, which are too soft for the T Plate set-ups we run these days. No more need to use 8 pre-load spacers on the shock to get ride height.

-RX1183 MR-02 Low Profile/ MR-03 Extra Long King Pin Spring Set
*75g, 90g and 105g: Closely matched springs that all lie within 15g of the PN white springs. Through out testing, we have found these rates to be the best track to track.

-RX1184 MR-03 Low Profile Soft Spring Set
*90g and 110g springs to complement the silver (130g and gold 150g) springs that come in the low profile front suspension kit. The 90g work great on bumpy tracks and the 110g are awesome for those that feel the silver is too stiff.

arch2b
2011.09.02, 01:40 PM
-RX1184 MR-03 Low Profile Soft Spring Set
*90g and 110g springs to complement the silver (130g and gold 150g) springs that come in the low profile front suspension kit. The 90g work great on bumpy tracks and the 110g are awesome for those that feel the silver is too stiff.

excellent! i'l be ordering a set of these and have a very bumpy track to run them on:p i'm sure i'll pick up the other 2 sets as well for the other cars in the garage.

still waiting for the narrow wing mold too?

Rune
2011.09.02, 01:55 PM
Nice!
New oil shock springs also!:D

CristianTabush
2011.09.02, 02:19 PM
These springs are super high quality. They come from the same factory making our 10th scale springs, their stuff is the best in our industry right now. These are truly PROFESSIONAL grade springs. That are very consistent spring-to-spring. This is why we had them made. We like them so much in fact, that we will make MR-03 standard-type springs as well.

EMU
2011.09.02, 04:37 PM
I have had a chance to use some of these springs, and will say first hand that they are very high quality springs. And offer spring rates that I needed for my setups, as the kit were either too stiff or too soft.

This is a must have tuning aid for the long kingpin front end, oil shock and low profile reverse kingpin. While I have adjusted my setup around the silver springs for the low profile front end), now I can soften it up a little to generate a little more body roll, and gained about a tenth or two from my previous setup.

I know that I will be ordering a bunch of these springs when they are available :)

CristianTabush
2011.09.02, 07:35 PM
Products are up on site, we will post pictures later on during the weekend.

arch2b
2011.09.03, 09:06 PM
thanks, just ordered the low profile suspension set springs. when do you expect to get other components of that system back in stock?

CristianTabush
2011.09.03, 09:11 PM
Arch, they should be ready in about 3-4 weeks. They are currently in production.

chad508
2011.09.03, 09:22 PM
any chance of the reverse kingpin pin being changed to a version 2 like we talked about earlier

CristianTabush
2011.09.04, 01:10 AM
Yes and no. The ones for our upcoming raised lower arm and cover as well as the extra long king pins for it will change. They will only use 1 e-clip. The standard reverse kingpin will still be the same.

However, once we have our raised lower front arm, you will have a king pin with a flange on one end and a groove on the other side. For most serious racers, this is the way to go ;) The spring will actually sit higher than the lowest part of the chassis. For those that like the extra long kingpins, there will be kingpins for this set-up as well.

Going forward, we are going to release multiple configurations so that people can choose what suits them best.

chad508
2011.09.04, 10:02 AM
the raised lower arms sounds interesting. any time frame on those? better yet any proto type pics you have to share?

CristianTabush
2011.09.04, 11:11 AM
I just got the first protos from the factory. Several revisions neededed to be made to ensure proper fitment of the part and to optimize the design. It came out pretty cool though, it has the Reflex wings machined into the design of the lower cover which is aluminum to place a little extra weight lower on the chassis.

This however means it will be delayed another 30-45 days, on top of the typical 30-45 days of production lead time. So at the least 2 months, but I would say it will be closer to 3 -4. :( Once we have the production samples in had from the next proto batch I will post pics.

unearthed name
2011.09.04, 08:09 PM
gaaaah, it's time to shell out the credit card!!!!!!

Rune
2011.09.14, 03:18 PM
Can you spot the new parts?
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-q8lf6FdR6B8/Tm-06w1lpSI/AAAAAAAAD1c/xMU5jsCkkHY/s1024/IMG_8164.JPG (http://www.mini-znorway.com/2011/09/prototypes-from-reflex-racing-first.html)

Detailed pics can be found here:)
http://www.mini-znorway.com/2011/09/prototypes-from-reflex-racing-first.html

EMU
2011.09.14, 05:19 PM
Top shock spring, lower tower (thought I wouldnt spot it through the wheel), green antenna :)

I would assume that you have the new diff parts, I just got them in, and have to start rebuilding all of my diffs. :p

Rune
2011.09.14, 05:44 PM
Top shock spring, lower tower (thought I wouldnt spot it through the wheel), green antenna :)
I would assume that you have the new diff parts, I just got them in, and have to start rebuilding all of my diffs. :p

Correct EMU:D Good eye! Also. Check out the rear.
If you take a peak into my blog you see the rest of the pictures.

The antenna is just "use what i have" so its not for showing of:p

arch2b
2011.09.14, 06:01 PM
rear diffuser :p

chad508
2011.09.14, 09:50 PM
does it look like it has enough room to run the stock kyosho 03 kingpin upside down using the reverse kingpin springs?

d1nzfe
2011.09.17, 12:15 PM
Cant wait to have the diffuser...

CristianTabush
2011.09.23, 08:09 PM
http://reflexracing.3dcartstores.com/assets/images/rx1187_1.jpg
RX1187 Reflex Racing Mini-Z Pinion Caddy

http://reflexracing.3dcartstores.com/assets/images/RX1186_2.jpg
RX1186 Reflex Racing Aluminum Diffuser for Reflex Racing and Atomic Motor Mounts

Also, just got the molds in for the new wings. These should be here inside of 2 weeks.

:)

arch2b
2011.09.23, 08:40 PM
pinion caddy is awsome! i hate digging through parts bins looking to them.

chad508
2011.09.23, 09:38 PM
caddy coming in all RR colors as well

d1nzfe
2011.09.23, 09:51 PM
y is aluminum chosen for the diffuser? weight and heat dispersion?

CristianTabush
2011.09.23, 10:30 PM
Yes, it was made in aluminum because it would dissipate heat better, last longer and also because it places weight all the way back and low. The MR-03's are so light with all the new parts made and the heavy MR-02 friendly PN rules make it really hard to bring the cars up to race-weight. This diffuser, along with the top deck are part of our slightly heavier than stock accessories that have been designed with weight placement in mind.

The caddy will be available in black, gray and light blue. We did not do silver because the lettering does not look very well.

The diffuser will be available in black only. It just looks better ;)

unearthed name
2011.09.23, 10:32 PM
what's the weight for the the diffuser?

d1nzfe
2011.09.24, 11:38 AM
Yes, it was made in aluminum because it would dissipate heat better, last longer and also because it places weight all the way back and low. The MR-03's are so light with all the new parts made and the heavy MR-02 friendly PN rules make it really hard to bring the cars up to race-weight. This diffuser, along with the top deck are part of our slightly heavier than stock accessories that have been designed with weight placement in mind.

The caddy will be available in black, gray and light blue. We did not do silver because the lettering does not look very well.

The diffuser will be available in black only. It just looks better ;)

Cant wait to get hold of it soon! and more of RR new parts.

chad508
2011.09.25, 07:50 PM
i see the new stuff on your site. are they available or just pre orders?

chad508
2011.09.25, 07:52 PM
never mind just went back to the site and it has changed to the pre orders at the top of the page. i know it wasnt like that 30 min ago

CristianTabush
2011.09.25, 11:17 PM
It's been like that for a couple of days. Our landing page design is not totally done, but it does have the incoming part list that should stay there from now on.

machgo5go
2011.09.25, 11:49 PM
Also, just got the molds in for the new wings. These should be here inside of 2 weeks.
Any prototype in giving us a taste prior 2 weeks?

CristianTabush
2011.09.26, 12:25 AM
No prototypes in right now. They are modified versions of the original wing molds so I would not think they are going to change any to the production versions. We'll post them as soon as we get them.

CristianTabush
2011.11.07, 08:09 PM
https://reflexracing.3dcartstores.com/assets/images/RX1187BK.jpg

https://reflexracing.3dcartstores.com/assets/images/RX1187GY.jpg

https://reflexracing.3dcartstores.com/assets/images/RX1186_1.jpg

CristianTabush
2011.11.07, 08:13 PM
RX1188 and RX1189 V3 64 Pitch Spur Gears (51T and 53T)

https://reflexracing.3dcartstores.com/assets/images/rx1188.jpg

Lighter, truer and better in every way than the previous versions of our spur gears. This is the absolutely lightest spur gear available in the Market Today. The Diff Balls have also been moved further outside to provide better engagement under acceleration for more punch, while at the same time providing more lateral traction since a looser setting can be used in the diff. Designed to be used with ANY Differential. Production version will be made in White Delrin.

unearthed name
2011.11.07, 10:43 PM
can't wait to get the v3 spur.

CristianTabush
2011.11.17, 08:04 PM
Spur gears are on the way from the factory!

J-Milz
2011.11.17, 08:20 PM
Any chance of mini z AWD buggy parts? Dish wheels, AKA rebar style tires? Wing mounts?:D

CristianTabush
2011.11.17, 09:23 PM
Not until next year. Tires are not something we are set-up to do, and Kyosho will have dish wheels and wing mounts from the Lazer available next month.

We do have a front shock tower in the works for the buggy though.

unearthed name
2011.12.06, 01:38 AM
http://reflexracing.3dcartstores.com/assets/images/MotorMount945PreOrderRetail.jpg

Drool. I want more pictures of the underside of this motor mount. When will this be available?

GIHOSU
2011.12.06, 10:47 AM
the site says it is in stock now

CristianTabush
2011.12.06, 11:07 AM
The motor mount will be available in about 2-3 weeks. At least this is the expected delivery time. It is a PRE-ORDER.

Thanks for the help posting this, I was about to get on it...

The top picture on the flier is the the bottom view of the mount. Visually it is not much different to the naked eye, with the exception of the new rear beam. It's the subtle differences in geometry and design which make it better than our previous versions.

Please note that slight trimming to the diffuser is needed in order to clear the rear beam. The mount was designed after the diffuser was in production already, and we really felt the new rear beam would give us better strength, look and versatility.

GIHOSU
2011.12.06, 09:33 PM
Sorry to jump the gun like that. I saw "In Stock" and I got a little too excited... :rolleyes:

unearthed name
2011.12.06, 11:06 PM
CT is it possible to use the older AWB beam into the newer one so i can change it into 94/96 without buying a 96 mm t-plate?

CristianTabush
2011.12.07, 12:37 AM
Yes it is, but it won't be as solid as the new design since it does not have the cross beam machined into it anymore.

When we release the aftermarket T Bar Mount, it should not cost much though. Maybe like 5 bucks...

JuniorWKR
2011.12.09, 11:35 AM
will be testing these bad boys out tonight for the first time so I will have some track feedback for ya in a few days... First opinion is impressive... besides they fact that they look amazing, they are super light... i didnt have my scale with me but i will compare to other spurs when I bring the scale back home with me.. I really like the ball placement being towards the outter portion of the disc plate.... 6 balls is perfect for both stock and mod... the light weight should give overall effiency gains in run time but should really see improvements in punch and drag brake... spur gear seems to fit perfectly and there is no requirement for shims being that is already molded into the spur itself...

Skv012a
2011.12.09, 03:24 PM
will be testing these bad boys out tonight for the first time so I will have some track feedback for ya in a few days... First opinion is impressive... besides they fact that they look amazing, they are super light... i didnt have my scale with me but i will compare to other spurs when I bring the scale back home with me.. I really like the ball placement being towards the outter portion of the disc plate.... 6 balls is perfect for both stock and mod... the light weight should give overall effiency gains in run time but should really see improvements in punch and drag brake... spur gear seems to fit perfectly and there is no requirement for shims being that is already molded into the spur itself...

So this gear + qteq + new Atomic composite shaft, THE lightest RWD diff yet? Man, kinda makes me want to drop the buck when everything is released...

JuniorWKR
2011.12.09, 03:53 PM
So this gear + qteq + new Atomic composite shaft, THE lightest RWD diff yet? Man, kinda makes me want to drop the buck when everything is released...

yeah... im still waiting for the jourmyura shaft... (no spell check hahaha)... but i think the total package... (shaft, reflect diff hubs and plates, v3 spur) should be the lightest thing on the market for sure...

put into account now the top plate and the pod diffuser and your right back to the weight you need to be at for most sanctioned race events... just that the power train is going to be significantly lighter is going to make a world of difference... especially in stock (80t, 70t, 60t, 50t) racing no doubt...

skyler
2011.12.09, 05:49 PM

Reflex's diff hubs are lighter than Qteq's...and a lot cheaper.

GIHOSU
2011.12.09, 07:37 PM
My first impression of the V3 spurs is that they are a significant improvement over the current spurs and worth every penny.

I installed a 51t in a "Skinny" class car (90mm 03, 0N all around & a CTP 70T) on the Atomic carbon shaft, Reflex diff parts and bearings with ceramic plates and ball bearings. By changing from a pn to the Reflex spur the diff went from from 3.7g down to 3.3g.

The car spools up much more quickly and now needs some more front grip to handle the added speed coming into turns on the tight 27 turn layout we have at Cruizin. The drop in weight lowered the amount of oversteer the car has and made it feel more consistent. My fast lap went from a 17.577 to a 17.284 and that was with batteries that have been sitting charged for a few days, I am very happy with the solid improvement. Tomorrow I may race Mod for the first time in a long time.

I recommend trying these spurs if you drive against clock...

CristianTabush
2011.12.09, 07:54 PM
Wow guys! Great Reviews!

I am really pumped that you guys are liking them.

Mike Keely
2011.12.09, 09:21 PM
Very nice. I need to make a new order I see!! What teeth sizes does he have them in?

chad508
2011.12.09, 09:22 PM
I believe 51 and 53

EMU
2011.12.10, 04:34 AM
I tested today with the new 51t spur, and gained .2s on fast lap, and .4s on avg lap. I am very happy with the result. My diff weighs in at a staggering 3.3g (without left hub) with an ATM carbon shaft and Jomurema ceramic plates. I feel like I dropped a gear or two with the same gear ratio on my 70t. I feel more response from the throttle, which would allow me to gear up and maintain the same amount of power out of the corners.

Skv012a
2011.12.10, 12:01 PM
So, any plans for reflex to bundle and package the "ultimate" diff to make part hunting a little bit easier (idea, cough cough)?

CristianTabush
2011.12.10, 01:17 PM
I'll look into it Igor, not a bad idea, although I'd like to at least have a good source of OEM diff rings and our own diff shaft...

saddad
2011.12.10, 02:09 PM
So, any plans for reflex to bundle and package the "ultimate" diff to make part hunting a little bit easier (idea, cough cough)? try here http://reflexracing.eu/shop/product.php?id_product=155 very good supplier in europe excellent customer service

d1nzfe
2011.12.10, 10:56 PM
I'll look into it Igor, not a bad idea, although I'd like to at least have a good source of OEM diff rings and our own diff shaft...

Adding some colour options to the aluminum part on the cf shaft will be nice!
:D
When looks comes with performance.

EMU
2011.12.11, 01:51 PM
I had a chance to setup a prototype version of the 945 mount yesterday. From what I understand this is the same as the production version. I set it up with the 94mm wheelbase setting, with a Lexus SC430 body. The body does NOT have trimmed side clips, and I had no issues whatsoever with the mount contacting the side clip when articulating the rear suspension well beyone what it would travel driving.

I was very impressed with the small improvements that have been made to the mount on the t-plate adapter to keep it straight. There is no wiggle on the mount at all, even if a screw comes loose, it will hold itself in place better. I didnt get a chance to weigh the mount, I was in too much of a hurry to get it on the track. But the mount is my top pick for 94mm cars. Good clearance between the motor and the chassis, I didnt have to change motor wire lengths coming from the PN 94mm LCG mount that was on the chassis previously. I did not test with the diffusor yet, but installed after the night of racing. It fits like a glove :) I will post a picture of my setup when I get home, but I cant wait to get more of these. I have been timid of running 94mm for a while, but now I am anxious to get a couple more 94mm cars in the garage :cool: The class I raced it in was an ATM 60t USA motor class, so I didnt get the chance to use a 17mm motor in it, perhaps I will run it in Mod next week with a 48t.

schoeffe
2011.12.11, 03:53 PM
@ EMU

waiting for the pics :-)

d1nzfe
2011.12.12, 02:08 AM
Got the rare chance to run one too.
Its roughly about 0.2g heavier than the current design, not you can feel it anyway.It feels more robust for sure for that thicker rear beam.
It made me go back to 94mm because of the better clearance for the body clips.I did not need to do any modification except for cutting down the 'nipple' below the body clip.I shaved off flat because I feel its useless anyway.
Drives really well, feels very stable and have lots of grip compared to similar setup on my 98mm.
Gotta share this pic.Love it!
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/2716/20111212145809.jpg

Better get your pre-order fast,if not you gonna wait a long time I reckon.

JuniorWKR
2011.12.12, 10:54 AM
so i got to run my v3 spur and all i can say is wow..

So the friday before my best lap in 70t was a 9.0 running a 53/13 (4.07 gear ration) and this friday I ran a 8.8 51/14 (3.64 gear ratio)...

the lightness of the spur allowed me to run a super low gear ration without sacraficing punch.. i had great rip outta the turns and gained the top end from the gear ratio.... i know the efficiency was through the roof because the motor actually ran cooler then the higher ratio the week prior....

this spur is a must have for the miniz racer... the transitions through the infield were seemless... had great feel and added a ton of drag brake just as i thought it would.. it actually took a few laps to get my timing back down... was hitting a lot of inside corners.. :p

chad508
2012.01.02, 11:44 AM
any new news on the motor pod release date?

CristianTabush
2012.01.02, 03:55 PM
I should be hearing back from the factory in the next couple of days.

Sorry for the delay. The factory is busier than usual and they are taking extra time in delivering product.

chad508
2012.01.02, 04:42 PM
i figured with the holidays and end of the year it may have been put back a little. hopefully i can get my hands on a couple before our event on 1/28

Guinness
2012.01.03, 09:38 AM
thx for the update. i'm waiting for the 945 mount too

josyskunk
2012.01.03, 10:31 AM
I thought Shawn had it in stock already ( correct me if I am wrong). I see he listed on his website that it is in stock. Call Shawn and find out !

Guinness
2012.01.03, 10:44 AM
I thought Shawn had it in stock already ( correct me if I am wrong). I see he listed on his website that it is in stock. Call Shawn and find out !

his site does say it's in stock, but on Friday he said he's still waiting for them to arrive

ChugaLugin
2012.01.22, 04:45 PM
I don't like how there's play for the new spur AND the lovely dust it accumulates.

But I love the get up I get from the 51! Nice and responsive.

chad508
2012.01.22, 04:53 PM
That play is in all spurs you just don't see it as much in the stock and pn due to the built in dust shield. But I have found that they do get dirty quick. I find myself rebuilding it after every night of racing. Which is 3-5 min runs and a 10 min main. A small price to pay for a great diff

CristianTabush
2012.01.22, 05:15 PM
I don't like how there's play for the new spur AND the lovely dust it accumulates.

But I love the get up I get from the 51! Nice and responsive.

Which diff parts are you using? Where is the slop? My diffs have very little slop, if any at all. Are you using the 2mm bearing?

One way to keep the diff cleaner is to use a lot of diff grease. This acts as a buffer to keep the grime out.

Another tip is just to run your diff with some light bearing oil. Whenever it gets dirty, use some electric parts cleaner to spray out the diff when out of the car. After they are clean, just re-oil.

CristianTabush
2012.01.23, 01:20 PM
Motor Mounts are here. They will start shipping today, all of them should be out here by tomorrow.

JuniorWKR
2012.01.23, 02:36 PM
I dont feel the reflex diff setup holds any more grime then any other diff out there... i just think its a combo of the white gear and the openness of the diff that gives the illusion...

i build my diffs normal with diff grease and have never had a problem with them... i actually feel that the design of the spur gear not having that lip that over laps the diff rings allows for the spur gear and the diff balls to stay cleaner as it allows the dirt to fly off easier then getting stuck in that lip as on the other spur gears out there... plus with this design as CT stated you can easily do what I do which is I loosen up the diff while its on the car and i spin it up at a high speed and spray with motor cleaner... i then use an exacto knife and apply small amount of diff grease to the diff balls... i then spin by hand to spread the grease evenly and then reset the tightness needed and we are good to go...

Rune
2012.01.23, 03:29 PM
I agree with JuniorWKR.
We use Kyosho ball diff grease, and it is almost as it sheds away the dirt and grime.
I only coat the balls.

unearthed name
2012.03.01, 11:26 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-ZJ5y6gD_ZvY/TzAp1-MT-QI/AAAAAAAAD-o/kDhiP2y6Z54/s1280/IMG_8307ss.JPG

what is that blurred parts in front? new reflex prototype?

is it RX1191 Reflex Racing Mini-Z MR-03 Extra Long Front Upper Arms?

i need more reflex racing goodness!!!!!

yahuzz
2012.03.02, 08:29 AM
I also really like the way your tri-damper side shocks are flat... is that also a new upgrade? or is it simply a mod you made????

I cannot wait anymore for new products from RR!!!!!! c'mon!!!! :D

JuniorWKR
2012.03.02, 09:07 AM
all you have to do to get the shocks to lay flat is position the shock ends oppsingly... what i mean by that is you will notice when you put the ball joint in the ends of the shocks you will see one side is short and one side is long... on the dps put the short side down and on the side shok mont put the long side down and you will have your shocks laying flat...

when the shocks are laying flat you will have a much more nuetral feel... when they are on an angle yo will get a more linear yet aggressive feel...

when i race on a track with alot of traction i lay the shocks flat... when theres less traction i will angle them more to get more rear side bite...

GIHOSU
2012.03.02, 09:34 AM
what is that blurred parts in front? new reflex prototype?

is it RX1191 Reflex Racing Mini-Z MR-03 Extra Long Front Upper Arms?

I certainly hope it is, I have been dreaming of a long arm setup. I am not a big fan of camber gain so I have been thinking about an upper arm that works with a narrow upper pivot pin and wide lower. This should do about the same from my guess.

Rune
2012.03.02, 04:31 PM
JuniorWKR is correct regarding the side dampers.

As for the blurred part.............................;)
It is very good!

unearthed name
2012.03.02, 09:17 PM
you sunuvabeach.

*bang head to the wall*

oh btw:

i got my v3 spur, and i like it so much. no slop on the gear, everything is smooth, and precise. i think i'll stock some more just in case.

will test the 945 motor mount today. hopefully the 97 mm configuration can give me more rear end stability.

CristianTabush
2012.03.09, 02:04 PM
http://reflexracing.3dcartstores.com/assets/images/rx1191_02.jpg

These are on the way from the factory! They should arrive middle of next week!

This is one of the biggest handling changes we have ever made to the Mini-Z MR-03. The longer arms are THAT MUCH Better. Lap times decrease, consistency increases and the cars are much easier to drive. Also traction rolling is all but eliminated. Longer is BETTER!

chad508
2012.03.09, 02:37 PM
With the upper tower bar all the in what camber would we be getting. I know once the lower tower bar comes out that would change. Just curious what to expect till then

CristianTabush
2012.03.09, 02:40 PM
About 1.5 degrees. It really depends on where you run your roll center. However, it is the perfect amount to get your tires to wear flat.

Rune
2012.03.09, 03:08 PM
Roughly 1 - 1.5 degrees.

chad508
2012.03.09, 03:33 PM
That's not bad at all. I normally float between 1-2 anyways. Can't wait to try them out

EMU
2012.03.09, 07:07 PM
Looks good. Cant wait to try them out. Should drastically reduce camber gain :)

Mike Keely
2012.03.09, 07:56 PM
I have been running them on my mod car and it makes the car so much more predictable and consistent. I really love these and can not wait to put them on my other cars.

The only thing that I did notice was that I had to file or dremel the top deck a hair to get the arm to not rub on the top plate. I would rather do that then reduce the amount of material on the arm where the pin goes in. Not a big deal but I know you all will love them too!

Rune
2012.03.09, 08:14 PM
I have been running them on my mod car and it makes the car so much more predictable and consistent. I really love these and can not wait to put them on my other cars.

The only thing that I did notice was that I had to file or dremel the top deck a hair to get the arm to not rub on the top plate. I would rather do that then reduce the amount of material on the arm where the pin goes in. Not a big deal but I know you all will love them too!

Could not agree more Mike. These will go on all my cars, and pretty much everyone else at our track.
They change the car completely. You can drive with so much more confidence.:D

As for the top deck. Some modding required, but nothing big at all.

unearthed name
2012.03.27, 12:38 AM
http://reflexracing.3dcartstores.com/Reflex-Racing-Mini-Z-MR-03-Raised-Lower-Tower-Bar-Set-PRE-ORDER_p_1116.html

i hope they offer the upper arm and lower arm as a set.

Pierro
2012.03.27, 02:24 PM
Looks good!

I think I have found the new option for my 03 with reflex set-up... :D

JuniorWKR
2012.03.28, 08:22 AM
i have been running a proto set of these on my mod car and they are absolutly amazing... with my roll center a little higher im about 1 degree camber... the less gain upon compression og the suspension makes the car so smooth and predictable.. these are an absolute must have for any racer out there... amazing simple idea... cant wait to get these on all my cars...

yahuzz
2012.03.30, 10:48 AM
I add my voice to the chorus, and i want to say that this item is really really amazing!!!
I have been running it yesterday night and immediately feelings were good!
I felt the car more and more predictable, precise and espcially stable on our gripless-track!!!!
I started with a setup like 2.5mm below RR knuckle, 0.3mm over knuckle, obviously low profile suspension with mid spring and 7000 CST kyosho oil...
The car was a little higher so i changed for 2.8mm below knuckle (tires trued at 23.5mm make me able to do that).
Pros are evident e "touchable"!!!!
Can't wait for RR lower arm!!!!!!!!!

unwritten
2012.04.12, 09:49 PM
Any news on when the lower arms are coming?

skyler
2012.04.20, 03:21 PM
Any news on when the lower arms are coming?
I am getting itchy myself. I wish they would hurry up & get here.

CristianTabush
2012.04.22, 02:30 AM
The first ones shipped on Friday. We should have most of them out by Tuesday/Wednesday this coming week.

We have to go in and install the lower balls on all the arms as well as pack them. It's just a bit tedious work, but we are making sure that they all are smooth as can be.

unearthed name
2012.05.11, 03:51 AM
is the lower arm out yet?

btw, can anyone give me a picture on their upper long arm? i need to know how deep i need to shave the upper cover.

also is it possible to use atomic upper cover instead of kyosho one for the front upper arm?

Rune
2012.05.11, 07:06 AM
The lower arm is out! And it works very very good.
In this picture you see the arms together with the ATM lower bar.
The arms are all the way inside, and the you have to shave more.

The RR raised version is wider, and let you get away with less shaving.
My guess is that you will end up around 0,5 - 1mm spacing on the adjustable mount (or use the camber key)

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-4e1jfQmWUOM/T6zwVcC7zkI/AAAAAAAAEAQ/xxnWRXZuCys/s1280/IMG_8311.JPG

Rune
2012.05.11, 04:56 PM
Here you can see the longer arms with the lower bar.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-rahVzjX72N0/T6164tJnA7I/AAAAAAAAEAs/Ihqom78Xvs8/s1246/IMG_8428.JPG
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-BnO2F1vwQkU/T618eAF4cLI/AAAAAAAAEBA/k-1ABETZOG0/s786/IMG_8431-001.JPG

cowboysir
2012.06.12, 04:59 PM
Any idea when the new lower bar will be back in stock? Holding off an order cause I want one badly...

CristianTabush
2012.06.13, 04:35 PM
These sold out very fast, I have an extra couple saved up, so if you want one just shoot me an email and i'll add one in stock.

cowboysir
2012.06.13, 04:52 PM
Expect my email tonight. Thanks for the reply.

GIHOSU
2012.06.13, 09:49 PM
I missed them too, I sent an e-mail as well...

Mike.b54
2012.06.14, 05:59 AM
Sold out too fast...: (

Do you have planned a restock for your european shop ?
I've already your upper bar with long kingpin and like to try this lower with long arms for have a full RR front way.

CristianTabush
2012.06.14, 02:00 PM
At the moment, these are in production again. It will be about another month or so before they are ready. Once they become available again, we will list them up again.

Thanks!

arch2b
2012.09.11, 06:10 AM
Your killing me here, look at the earlier posts

CristianTabush
2012.12.07, 09:20 PM
https://reflexracing.3dcartstores.com/assets/images/rx1193_02.jpg
https://reflexracing.3dcartstores.com/assets/images/rx1193_01.jpg

RX1193 RSD Mini-Z MR-02/MR-03 94-96-98 Disk Damper and Central Shock Mount

This has been my dream Mini-Z DPS System for a long time. Something that is easier to use, that has the correct geometry and also has a more solid foundation.

The DPS Systems are now available at the store. The Plates and shock mount by themselves will be offered only after the initial sale of the DPS Systems is fulfilled.

The Tri-Shocks are temporarily discontinued since atomic is not making the shocks at the moment. We are trying to find a viable solution. Chances are, we make a new mount for the shocks and we adapt PN units to our Motor Mounts. We'll see. However, if you have the Atomic shocks, these are completely compatible with them.

herman
2012.12.07, 09:55 PM
welcome back :D nice seeing you post, looks like another cool part there

Felix2010
2012.12.07, 11:00 PM
CT - Could you explain in more detail the correct geometry and how it affects handling/feel? Thank you in advance:)

CristianTabush
2012.12.07, 11:19 PM
There is no change to anything drastic, however parts just "fit right" The shock lengths don't have to be radically changed. Droop can be set properly, etc. It just is a product that is more refined than the typical Mini-Z item. This is why it carries the RSD and not the Reflex Racing Brand. It's more expensive, but it is a premium part. Cost was not considered when making this DPS system.

As for the structure of it, it just has better construction than what is available this helps in keeping things straighter and tighter, which aids in precision of the car.

mugler
2012.12.10, 05:18 PM
Nice! since this is compatible with RR's current tri shock system does that mean shock mount holes at front stem of machined aluminum damper are configured only for kyosho's yellow shock like with TS carbon plate before or will a PN dual shock fit on correctly?

chad508
2012.12.10, 08:34 PM
from the looks of it the pn shock should work just fine. i hope to have mine this week to test out.

Mike Keely
2012.12.10, 10:38 PM
I like a few things that this has in the design. The main plate is threaded for the front shock mount and the rear plate mounts the same way. Looking to get mine soon also.

TheRinger
2012.12.11, 01:50 PM
Looks like a good quality design. Wouldn't expect anything less from reflex. Definetly like how you can take the damper off from the bracket rather then the top cover of the chassis. Hoping to pick one up by next week. :D

mugler
2012.12.11, 10:57 PM
from the looks of it the pn shock should work just fine. i hope to have mine this week to test out.

Thanks, will look out for your fittings report.
with the old one piece carbon damper plate/shock mount combo for RR TDS I was not able to line up a PN dual shock but was expected since instructions specifically called for a kyosho yellow shock...

chad508
2012.12.11, 11:56 PM
i never used the tail piece that came on the original damper plates. i positioned the shock where i wanted it and drilled the top plate, attaching a screw from the under side into the shock. it was a pain to do but it kept me from having to screw out the shock end to get that extra length it needed. this also worked for the pn shock, but by far this new piece CT has come up with should save me alot of time and top plate replacements.

color01
2012.12.12, 01:40 AM
With the thicker bottom plate, expect to shim the PN shock upwards a bit on the disk damper post, otherwise it looks pretty good -- btw welcome back Cristian, you gotta quit 1/10 so you can get back to the more fun stuff. ;)

Rune
2012.12.28, 12:47 PM
Much easier to service the car also (assuming you solder the motor cables to the board)
Great quality, and perfect fitment.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-s9BS43QPfh0/UN3E8h9j_uI/AAAAAAAAEks/x0SXApdio4M/s904/IMG_8593-001.JPG
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1Up9htKC1Qc/UN3E-QxtaaI/AAAAAAAAEk0/T0X9rwxKAOk/s903/IMG_8594-001.JPG

chad508
2012.12.28, 02:06 PM
I want to know how you got yours before me? All joking aside I'm sure they are a vast improvement over what was currently available.

Rune
2012.12.28, 02:59 PM
I want to know how you got yours before me? All joking aside I'm sure they are a vast improvement over what was currently available.

Haha. Got some real fast reindeers:p

Tapir
2013.03.18, 03:05 PM
Out of stock already :confused:

Cristian: ETA for more?

r46
2013.07.31, 10:51 PM
70t motors be available anytime soon?