PDA

View Full Version : Mr03n stability

JAC
2011.08.12, 04:10 PM
How stable is a MR03N HM compared to a non HM? Also a MR03W HM if they exist?Or a MR015?

TheRinger
2011.08.13, 06:51 AM
MR03N HM is about the most unstable set up there is. More stable then a MR015 HM though. As far as I know a MR03W HM doesn't exsist. Doesn't mean its a lost cause, just got 2 pratice driving it and find the set up that works 4 u. HM's can be fun 2 drive. A RM, MM, or LM is more stable but like I said a HM can be made 2 B driveable.

JAC
2011.08.13, 07:16 AM
My MR015 flips on the RCP track corners if going to fast, even with a low body like a corvette. I was hoping to at least prevent this from happening on the MR03N HM Fiat Abarth I just bought.Maybe if I use the surface with less traction they will slide instead of flipping over?:(

cowboysir
2011.08.13, 09:40 AM
I think your best bet would be to work on spring rates for your HM Abarth. Having a car with a progressive body roll in the corners is an important aspect of traction flipping. That and tire choice/prep are aspects of keeping higher CoG cars on their wheels.

EMU
2011.08.13, 10:44 AM
With the higher CG, you will have to try to lower the chassis and car a good deal, while retaining a decent softness in the springs. Harder front tires is a must. I have had great results on RCP with ATM slick-r 40 or competition 40 front tires, they are not as aggressive many tires, but have sufficient grip combined with the grip generated with the body roll provided on the setup to give more than enough grip in the corners and reduce traction roll... One of the biggest issues with the Kyosho HM, is that there is no ability to install a disc damper, so it has to be driven with slow movements to the wheel...

JAC
2011.08.13, 07:28 PM
what surface is mostly used of the RCP track? Did not know about the disc damper, thanks. How about the use of counter weight like in slot cars?I now Kyosho sells it.

byebye
2011.12.21, 05:18 AM
Will the PN 90-94mm midmount work with the MR-03 chassis running the abarth body? I'm looking to get three of these for the fam along with three MR-03's however PN list's the 90-94 motor mount as MR-015/02. Granted it could be an old listing but has anyone ran this setup?

Kris

Skv012a
2011.12.21, 05:25 AM
Or the Atomic 90-94mm MM mount. Personally like this over PN because it's much easier to set up and it works great. Also comes with a bottom air splitter piece.

EMU
2011.12.21, 10:32 AM
Both the PN and ATM mounts work without problems on the Abarth on the MR03. There are no clearance issues. While I havent ran the body with the PN mount (did with Atomic), I just test fit the body on my chassis with PN mount to see if there is any clearance issues with the higher damper plate in the rear, and there are no problems.

byebye
2011.12.21, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the info guys. So this will work with the MR-03 correct? I'm going to purchase chassis sets and bodies now instead of converting MR-02's. If rolling becomes an issue I'll fix it with tires. Our plan though is to run stock chassis and upgraded tires for now.

Kris

byebye
2011.12.21, 10:44 AM
Thanks for the info guys. So this will work with the MR-03 correct? I'm going to purchase chassis sets and bodies now instead of converting MR-02's. If rolling becomes an issue I'll fix it with tires. Our plan though is to run stock chassis and upgraded tires for now.

Kris