PDA

View Full Version : MR-03 barely runs...

Dirt
2011.08.14, 04:04 AM
So i have just bought a new MR-03 chassis. I have just tried it a few times on livingroom floor. It did go pretty fast right out of the box.
But for some reason, when i tried it yesterday, it barely runs....
Swapped for brand new batteries on both car and transmitter - same thing.
Any ideas?

bermbuster
2011.08.14, 07:07 AM
So i have just bought a new MR-03 chassis. I have just tried it a few times on livingroom floor. It did go pretty fast right out of the box.
But for some reason, when i tried it yesterday, it barely runs....
Swapped for brand new batteries on both car and transmitter - same thing.
Any ideas?

are you using alkaline batteries in the car? They can give real poor performance.

KA2AEV
2011.08.14, 08:48 AM
Have to agree with Berm Sounds like Bad batteries in your car
Try changing them for recharged ones or brand spankin new ones
and see what happens then

LED
2011.08.14, 12:33 PM
Are you using the KT18 transmitter?
Make sure it isnt in training mode (blue led blinking)
To turn practice mode off, give throttle while turning on the transmitter.

mikedw
2011.08.14, 01:21 PM
I have just tried it a few times on livingroom floor.

Would that have been on carpet?
Could it be jammed up with carpet fuzz, hair, etc?

Dirt
2011.08.14, 01:46 PM
Just regular alkaline batteries - yes, but thats what i`ve jused since i got the car (and it run perfectly good the first times). Havent had time to buy some good re-chargeable ones yet..
But its the same brand alkaline that i have used all the time, and i have tried to switch for a new set two times now - without any help.

I have just been running on hard floor, but i thought maybe it could be jammed. Removed the rear axle, and even changed to bearing while doing it, but nothing there. Front wheels are also spinning freely.

And, i dont have the transmitter in training mode..

Could it be that one FET is burned already?

cowboysir
2011.08.14, 01:58 PM
It's not the fets...they either work or they dont.

Alkaline batteries will not give the motor the amperage to run consistently for an extended period. By getting some decent rechargable Ni-MH aaa's you'll find the difference you're looking for.

Dirt
2011.08.14, 02:02 PM
It's not the fets...they either work or they dont.

Alkaline batteries will not give the motor the amperage to run consistently for an extended period. By getting some decent rechargable Ni-MH aaa's you'll find the difference you're looking for.

Okey, good to here its not the fets then :)
Strange about the battery though, because i notice a huge difference in perfomance on this very same car, same batteries just changed to new a couple of times. Its just like it has half the speed it had when i got it...

EMU
2011.08.14, 03:47 PM
Have you lubed the motor at all (where the motor shaft goes through the can)? Also, check the front wheel nuts to make sure that they arent too tight, and that the wheels spin free. It could be a number of issues, but odds are either that the wheels are too tight, or that the motor needs lube/cleaning... could also be the screws that hold the motor wires to the main board could be slightly loose... could be a number of things...

What radio are you using? If you are using a KT18, try placing the car on top of a small container or over the ledge of a table so that the rear wheels do not touch the ground. With the car on, pull the throttle all the way, and press the throttle trim button up and see if it does anything. If so, your throttle endpoint was too low. If not, that is not your problem. Check to see that the radio is in standard mode, not training mode as suggested earlier in this thread. It could be a number of things, and without being able to try everything, we have to know more about your equipment and what you have done with the car and radio.... so check the light to see if it is training mode, if not try the throttle endpoint adjustment as well as wheel nuts and check back in with us.

Dirt
2011.08.15, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the help all of you. But i have now a fast running car again :)
Seems like the problem was in the transmitter (KT-18). I have tried another one today, and the car works perfect. Maybe it for some reason got stuck in training mode, even if it was not indicating it?

Bodom
2011.08.15, 08:35 AM
Thanks for the help all of you. But i have now a fast running car again :)
Seems like the problem was in the transmitter (KT-18). I have tried another one today, and the car works perfect. Maybe it for some reason got stuck in training mode, even if it was not indicating it?

Try to reset the KT-18. I'm not sure how exactly.
Maybe it was - power on while holding the down throttle trim.

herman
2011.08.16, 12:32 AM
nice to hear you got it working again...
i second resetting the kt18... :D
probably another thing to look for is the battery terminals in the controller and in the battery tray... sometimes the batteries don't make contact with the terminals in the battery tray, or the battery tray doesn't make contact with the one in the controller, when this happens, bend them back so that they do make contact...