PDA

View Full Version : replacement antenna ASF?

LED
2011.08.18, 03:57 AM
Hi

What could best be used as a replacement antenna for a 2.4Ghz car?
Dont ask me how, but my brother stripped his antenna. The insulation is totaly gone.
So I would like to solder a new one. I know length is extremely important, but what about wire thickness, or the fact that the copper strands are twisted or not?

Thank you

Kevin S.
2011.08.18, 07:34 AM
Hi

What could best be used as a replacement antenna for a 2.4Ghz car?
Dont ask me how, but my brother stripped his antenna. The insulation is totaly gone.
So I would like to solder a new one. I know length is extremely important, but what about wire thickness, or the fact that the copper strands are twisted or not?

Thank you

Hi LED,
Reflex Racing makes a replacement board antenna. Here is the link to the product if this is what you are looking for
http://www.reflexracing.net/proddetail.asp?prod=RX1158

LED
2011.08.18, 08:25 AM
Thx I didnt know they made one.
Problem is they are not for sale in my usual stores (europ) and ordering from us is expensive for such a small thing.

ScoobyPete
2011.08.18, 11:56 AM
Thx I didnt know they made one.
Problem is they are not for sale in my usual stores (europ) and ordering from us is expensive for such a small thing.

Try

http://www.reflexracing.eu/shop/

This is for the UK Refelx racing shop, they charge in euros or 's
They don't show it as a strock item but if you email them they may be able to help.

LED
2011.08.18, 12:15 PM
Wow thanks. I didnt even knew that site.

civilian
2011.08.30, 12:41 PM
I takeoff and change my antennas few times coz everytime I open my pcb cover it kindda stripped.
I use any copper/silver wire as long as it fits the antenna hole in the cover.
about 25-30mm long.
never have a problem since 1st time.
and I also change antenna cable for some people.
no problem at all till today.

LED
2011.08.30, 01:57 PM
Well I replaced it with a motor wire.
Distance test is fine, but i stil need to test it in a crowd :)