PDA

View Full Version : Racenight September 9th in Reading PA...

imxlr8ed
2011.08.19, 12:15 PM
Here's what I'm thinking... We'll run the 9th (Friday) in the evening, 5pm until 10:30pm. Then we can also run either the 18th or the 25th (have to decide which Sunday) of September. Post below what dates work best for you!

Thanks!

lfisminiz
2011.08.19, 03:13 PM
The 25th for me.:)

imxlr8ed
2011.08.19, 04:19 PM
Kinda leaning towards the 25th too.

I'm gonna PM Al and Steve... I know they don't check here too often.

lfisminiz
2011.08.19, 08:14 PM
Kinda leaning towards the 25th too.

I'm gonna PM Al and Steve... I know they don't check here too often.

Let me know...i can always call Al. Maybe they will show up the 9th to?

hilldebrandt
2011.08.21, 06:00 PM
At this point the 25th works for me too. I won't be by the 9th as I'm headed up to Bradford County that night to visit friends and attend a wine festival the next day.

Been working on a dirt track in the back yard to run the Losi 1/24th SCT/Rally cars and the Mini Sprints and Late Models...should have it completed by Labor Day. I'll post some pics when it's done...

imxlr8ed
2011.08.22, 10:36 AM
Be good to run with you again Hilde, it's been a while dude!

Quinny just Pmed me... Might see him float back in too. Sounds like the 9th and the 25th it is. I will start another thread for the 25th date then.

For the 9th, I should be home by 5pm at the latest. I'll have it all ready to go in the morning before I leave for work.

racerquinn#1
2011.08.22, 09:07 PM
well hey guys, i was curious if anyone was still racing or not. im a little out of date of the cars. but ill bring what ever i have...most of my batts have been sitting for a while. dont even know if any cars run or not. ill be glad to come by the 25th of august this thursday correct. so glad i searched the site again...:)

cya soon

lfisminiz
2011.08.22, 09:23 PM
well hey guys, i was curious if anyone was still racing or not. im a little out of date of the cars. but ill bring what ever i have...most of my batts have been sitting for a while. dont even know if any cars run or not. ill be glad to come by the 25th of august this thursday correct. so glad i searched the site again...:)

cya soon

Hey Quinny,

Check with Ed about Thursday. The dates (9th-25th) are for September. Im planning on the Sept. 25th. We have been getting some guys lately. Ed and I can help you out on car stuff.;) I havent seen you for so long....how old are you 20 something.:D

LARRY

hilldebrandt
2011.08.22, 09:44 PM
I was working on the R/C Track in the back yard today since I had a rare day off from work. The track will be a square shaped oval for the Losi Sprint and Late Models, or I can configure it for a dirt Off Road course with jumps for any 1/18 or 1/24th scale cars...

Got the grass cut down and the first section of wall up...will be adding a layer of stone, and then topsoil mixed with Bentonite Clay (Clumping Cat Litter) for a very tacky surface !

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=128&pictureid=1209

racerquinn#1
2011.08.23, 05:40 AM
hello guys, and ok. im good on the 9th..but ill be in raystown from the 23-24-25. not sure what time ill be home that sunday. ill keep checking the site out.

and yes i turned 20 about to turn 21 on sept 30th. wiihooo

imxlr8ed
2011.08.23, 08:45 AM
hello guys, and ok. im good on the 9th..but ill be in raystown from the 23-24-25. not sure what time ill be home that sunday. ill keep checking the site out.

and yes i turned 20 about to turn 21 on sept 30th. wiihooo

Quinn:
Yep... 25th of September.
Great... 21 huh? Hopefully I won't have to list our track as BYOB.

Hilde:
Litterbox Raceway! You should get down to the South Birdsboro Archery Gun Club to check out what they have going on. I was down last week and had a blast bashing with Dave and Frank's SC Trucks... they're running Sliders and Late Models too! I think they may be off this coming Friday night, but I'm pretty sure they are running the 2nd of September. It's oval carpet, but you may be able to recruit some for your track. (neighborhood strays are gonna love your backyard!... watchout for bumps in the backstretch! ;))

racerquinn#1
2011.08.23, 06:22 PM
well theres no drinking and racing. so dont think ud have to.

hilldebrandt
2011.08.23, 09:21 PM
Ed,

Kelly and I stopped down there last Friday for about a half hour to check it out. The guy at Iron Horse Hobbies told me about it when I bought my Mini Sprint two weeks ago. They really tear up the carpet !

My track is strictly for messing around....no plans to hold any organised events.

imxlr8ed
2011.08.24, 08:23 AM
Can't remember his name (guy from Ironhorse) but he has MiniZs from when we used to run at the Hobbytown. He says I can put up flyers in the store if I like. I may stop in there sometime this week to drop some information.

If I had an SC truck... I'd prolly try to get down there at least once a month.

imxlr8ed
2011.08.24, 08:37 AM
well theres no drinking and racing. so dont think ud have to.

Wise words...

Is that the same Camaro you had last time we saw you?

racerquinn#1
2011.08.24, 09:37 PM
yes it is ed....just recently painted. 162,xxx still strong. that i know off.....i just got back my other car today!! it has more room for the rc boxes.

racerquinn#1
2011.09.03, 03:00 PM
still on for the ninth!! i asked jon if he can show up. he said he might be showing up as well.

imxlr8ed
2011.09.04, 02:29 PM
Wow... old schoolers showing up again! Gotta bug Gasman and Enzok too... also asking my cousin to show as well. Should be interesting.

racerquinn#1
2011.09.06, 08:57 PM
Wow... old schoolers showing up again! Gotta bug Gasman and Enzok too... also asking my cousin to show as well. Should be interesting.

awsome!!! cant wait to go around the track again. ive been spendin my money on my cars. haha, my Z's just sit up stairs. i still have the track too.

imxlr8ed
2011.09.08, 04:26 PM
Close call last night...

The well in the basement (you remember Quinn, the one you parked your AWD in) was about an inch from overflowing over to the track last night. If it keeps raining, we will be having boat races down there. Sump is running and just keeping up with the levels... hopefully we'll have a dry track Friday! :)

With all this rain... if I see so much as two little frogs hopping in the same direction, I'm buyin a boat!

KA2AEV
2011.09.09, 10:25 AM
You guys gonna be running soon? I have a few weekends off coming up:)

lfisminiz
2011.09.09, 03:01 PM
You guys gonna be running soon? I have a few weekends off coming up:)

As of now, Eds running tonight and the the 25th. I wont make it this month with the PN race at Majs but there should be guys at both....keep in touch.

imxlr8ed
2011.09.09, 03:08 PM
We've planned for Sunday the 25th of this month also... I just haven't posted it yet. Look forward to seeing you sometime soon!

Tonight may just be me and Quinn catching up... not sure if anyone else is gonna show.

racerquinn#1
2011.09.09, 05:00 PM
on my way ed, i left work late. i almost got chad to come along, but hes working on his car. and i havent heard from jon.

imxlr8ed
2011.09.10, 12:08 PM
Well... If anything, Quinn is gonna be tuned up for next time. Funny how all of my old AM gear is still useful.

KA2AEV
2011.09.10, 12:33 PM
Thanks Guys
Will let ya know about the 25th if me and Golddust can make it
Any thoughts on what classes or just fun racing?
Mike

KA2AEV
2011.09.10, 12:35 PM
As of now, Eds running tonight and the the 25th. I wont make it this month with the PN race at Majs but there should be guys at both....keep in touch.

Oh Man forgot about the date change with Maj's
Thanks for reminding me
Gotta look into which date is better!
Geez scheduleing around a 7th grade schooler sure stinks

imxlr8ed
2011.09.10, 07:52 PM
Fun racing basically, we are all running 70turns mostly. Not too much time gained with hot motors though when you only have a 27' backstretch.

I schedule around diapers and feedings myself... just hope he's going to race with his dad when he gets older.