PDA

View Full Version : LIFE, STOCK FETS and Motor Choice

tastetickles
2011.08.26, 09:03 AM
Sorry if this has been asked before,

Can the Stock Fets in the MR-03 handle the following motor on LIFE batteries?

1. X-SPeed
2. Atomic MO-006 Stock R Evolution Motor

Sinister_Y
2011.08.26, 10:23 AM
x-speed for sure. Not sure on Atomic Stock R motor.

Note alot of us at my shop run Li-Fe but we use the R246 LiFe motors (2 versions- high torque and high speed). They are very fast and as for x-speed, if you use with aftermarket pod, you'd need to drill. R246 LiFe motors come with holes predrilled.

color01
2011.08.26, 07:33 PM
The Stock R doesn't draw a whole lot of current (at least not compared to Chili, PN 32/33t, etc.) so it should be safe even with LiFe on stock FETs. That's not to say it will be usable though. Stock R and 6.6V seems like a recipe for unbelievable amounts of wheelspin. It's a similar combo to what the Xmods community used to use to hit 40mph down the straight. You sure you have enough traction to handle that?

tastetickles
2011.08.26, 10:31 PM
The Stock R doesn't draw a whole lot of current (at least not compared to Chili, PN 32/33t, etc.) so it should be safe even with LiFe on stock FETs. That's not to say it will be usable though. Stock R and 6.6V seems like a recipe for unbelievable amounts of wheelspin. It's a similar combo to what the Xmods community used to use to hit 40mph down the straight. You sure you have enough traction to handle that?

This is very helpful. I'm not looking for sheer speed at all but something great for practicing but I'm curious if its better than the x-speed that I have.

The X-speed that I have are from the AM era, are they any different than the current ones?

color01
2011.08.27, 01:15 AM
The X-speed fundamentally hasn't changed much, although Kyosho may have slightly altered its specs the new and old ones are roughly the same speed.

Honestly, putting the Kyosho box stock motor on LiFe and gearing it down replicates a Mod motor very well -- the voltage gives extra kick down low and a deceptively high top speed.

tastetickles
2011.08.28, 12:57 PM
^ty, i will stick with stock motor for a while

EMU
2011.08.28, 01:28 PM
Put the stock armature into a BB can :p