PDA

View Full Version : Help with my Mini-Z cars

vnjms
2011.08.30, 12:24 PM
Okay so I got this problem with my Mini-Z F1 and Mini-Z Overland. I bought these when they first came out. Anyways down to the point. My cars can't even go farther than 4 feet away from me. It's like they have a mind of their own. They also twitch from time to time (especially the Overland). Ive read and did my homework, reseated and secured the tx and rx, given then fresh batteries, even exchanged the tx and rx from another mini-z. But all of them have the same problem.

So I got this controller for all my Mini-Zs:
http://microrcracing.tripod.com/images/mini%20z%20f1/KYOD96%5B1%5D.jpg

Thanks in advance

chad508
2011.08.30, 12:28 PM
pics not coming in on my end so im going to assume your running am. if so you may just have a bad crystal in the radio beings both cars are doing the same thing

LED
2011.08.30, 01:56 PM
If you quote him and copy paste the link in your browser you can see the pic.
Yes its AM.

vnjms
2011.08.30, 09:30 PM
So the best thing I should do is get new crystals? Is there anyway to get this running on 2.4gHz? Idk what Im talking about, but I do know thats what i used to run on my RC helicopters.

unearthed name
2011.08.31, 01:47 AM
The only way for you to run 2.4 is to get a new board (costs about 90$) and a new remote.

Pierro
2011.08.31, 04:52 AM
Hi!

If your car is AM, then you might check if you are using alkaline or rechargeable batteries in your remote. Alkaline are more glitchy than the others.

You can also check all electrical/wi-fi device that are in your area cause AM cars are easily disturbed by electrical signals. Let's try somewhere else (outside with your overland by exemple) or with some device shutted down.

Also the building structure can cause some glitch. At our club, when my AM AWD come close to a pillar (reinforced cement thus including metal sticks in it) I get interference. One foot away, everything's fine.

Good luck in checking all those stuffs.

vnjms
2011.08.31, 08:59 AM
Oh okay well that makes sense more. We've got WIFI everywhere in the house, so this is basically hopeless since I can't play with my F1 in the house anymore?

Pierro
2011.09.01, 04:53 AM
Hi!

Let's try your car with your wifi turned off. You will see if you get an improved control or not. As I mention, this can come from various device/structure.

You might also find a room that is much "cleaner" than another from those glitch.

hrdrvr
2011.09.01, 09:59 AM
I know this may be too simple, but those are the things we overlook the most, and the best place to start troubleshooting. Can you verify that the antenna is plugged in, contacting the wire correctly, and that the wire is solidly connected to the board? Also, check and make sure the antenna in the Tx is secure as well.

vnjms
2011.09.02, 10:23 AM
Everything is secure, turned the wifi off. Should I just replace the crystals?

hrdrvr
2011.09.02, 11:13 AM
I would definitely check out some different crystals then.

vnjms
2011.09.02, 05:06 PM
Alright thanks for the inputs guys :D

rock hard
2011.09.25, 11:26 PM
Just curious if a bad crystal was the culprit in the end?