PDA

View Full Version : Oil shock benefits?

Bung-drew
2011.09.11, 08:37 AM
Alright so I did not get the atomic standard BB motor in the end cos the veteran drivers at atomic collectives discouraged me to due to it's overwhelming speed on my car, so I got a PN 70T stock motor, broke it in and I can say while being faster,at least I could still drive the car,at the same time being over to overtake alot of the new guys running their newly bought box stock cars XD but I feel my car could use an oil shock now,will it make my car more rigid due to the oil damping?

unearthed name
2011.09.11, 09:40 AM
Get a dps instead drew. I run mine without an oil shock, and it runs fine.

Bung-drew
2011.09.11, 09:48 AM
Wads a dps? Im new so abbreviations are like "huh?" to me

LED
2011.09.11, 09:52 AM
damper plate system.

If your club allows the tuning then get the DPS
If it doesnt then the oil shock is an alternative. Altough it only provides damping in the up down movement of the rear axle and not sideways.
It does help a bit, but dont expect miracles from it.

Bung-drew
2011.09.11, 10:08 AM
I'm kinda waiting and saving up for their new upcoming mini z buggy so I wouldn't really want to hop up my MR-02 too much,just minimal upgrades that are a must rather than a luxury,I feel that adding parts like metal parts/plates ruins the stock feel and look of my car.

LED
2011.09.11, 10:11 AM
Well a dps costs only a little more then the oil shock, but it does indeed change the stock feel alot. I like the way my stock car hops around sometimes, so i understand where you are coming from.
You might aswell simply use grease on the stock shock instead of the oil shock. I do think it is very pricy for its use.

color01
2011.09.11, 06:22 PM
Get some industrial-strength thick grease and lather it all over the shock shaft (on your original black plastic shock). The extra damping will tide you over until the buggy arrives. :)