PDA

View Full Version : PN Tires warranty guidelines

ruf993
2011.09.17, 10:39 PM
Hi there PN representatives,

I just wanted to bring something up since it was brought up to me at a resent MiniZ club event.

Since I'm just the vendor of the PN products what's your policy on tire defects? To get more clear here is an example:

Let's just say customer A deside to purchased PN tires (ex: part#PN-RXF15)
and mounts them on standard PN 20mm front wheels. Since this customer/racer is very enthusiast miniZ'er he desides to alter a perfectly good looking PN tire.
In his case the tires was trued to his personal spec size using a HUDY Tire Truer (part #HUD103200). To get more into details the example PN tire used wich starts at 23mm give or take would get trued to 20.9mm on a 20mm front wheels.
Customer A had issues (tires falling apart before getting to the target size) with the resently purchased tires when trued to his specs, but insist in the past did not have these issues.

Please let me know what's you take on this..

Thanks
Best regards
Maj
CEO
majsrc.com

Slubben
2011.09.17, 11:37 PM
As a racer it seems to me that there are a lot of varibles involved in this.

Was rim in good shape

Was tire taped and mounted well

Is tire truer in good condition

Does user know how to use truer correctly

Just can't see blaming manufactuerer and especially LHS for this.

Just my two cents.

machgo5go
2011.09.17, 11:39 PM
As a club racer and profession in a manufacturer business for decades,
any kind of alteration to a product in personal preferences to work to individual needs void warranty 100%. I would not complain to Bridgestone tires if I shave down my R compound RE01 tires to 4/32 to try to get maximum grip in tread life & it blows out on track afterward since it is suppose to run of full tread from the beginning. It is like Mini Z but at least it is only $4.99 for set of 2 fronts instead of $180.00 each Bridgestone!
Like my matto " You wanna play, you gotta pay!" so I won't blame the Manufacturer. I only can understand if tires is deform out of the bags then it is warranty questionable which is IMO.

lfisminiz
2011.09.17, 11:43 PM
I true all my fronts with a Huddy. I run it at 6V most of time and never had a tire shread or get messed up.:)

ruf993
2011.09.17, 11:50 PM
I true all my fronts with a Huddy. I run it at 6V most of time and never had a tire shread or get messed up.:)

I guess we can exclude you as customer A....:p

lfisminiz
2011.09.17, 11:54 PM
I guess we can exclude you as customer A....:p

Maj.......HA, HA! See you soon.;)

ruf993
2011.09.17, 11:58 PM
Maj.......HA, HA! See you soon.;)

Yes less then 5 days!!! and guess what we have two fridge full of bottled water..:cool:

bermbuster
2011.09.18, 07:13 AM
I know I true tires and some compounds are difficult to true.
You can experiment with voltage (speed of the sanding drum) and also depth of cut. What I found if you cut too fast (depth) you create way too much heat and then the rubber peels and shreds.

I think what this customer is saying he is using a certain tire and has been doing it the same way and now when he does it the tires are not reacting the same. This means either something in tires compound has changed
(possible defect) or it is a manufacturing change. It could even be how the tires are stored (high heat environment)

My next question would be Is this tire giving similiar results to others who are trueing??? If they are then it could be a manufacturing issue and not a personal problem....:cool:

cowboysir
2011.09.18, 11:48 AM
My 2 cents:

1. My first impression of trueing tires is that altering a product does alter the warranty standards. If it had been me I would have chalked it up to "it happens" and wrote it off and started a new pair with different trueing parameters.

2. The reality of customer service is that (in this case) it's only a $5 retail package to replace to keep a racer happy and loyal to the brand which in turn keeps him buying pn tires.

I guess you have to view if there's a downside to replacement and if that opens you to more complaints about perishable tires.

PNracing
2011.09.18, 12:37 PM
Maj, I want to tell your customer, if the tire before true, any problem we will be exchange or refund to customer no problem, after he true the tire, we can't define the tire defect or the truing the tire with something wrong.

But anyway I would like to exchange a new set to him, only for this time, but not happen next time, before you true the tire, please check the tire is any problem, after true the tire, we can't offer the warranty again.

bermbuster
2011.09.18, 12:40 PM
Maj, I want to tell your customer, if the tire before true, any problem we will be exchange or refund to customer no problem, after he true the tire, we can't define the tire defect or the truing the tire with something wrong.

But anyway I would like to exchange a new set to him, only for this time, but not happen next time, before you true the tire, please check the tire is any problem, after true the tire, we can't offer the warranty again.

Like Always....PN has the BEST customer service.....:)

ruf993
2011.09.18, 08:23 PM

Great Philip!! Customer A has been taken care of and happy with your speedy results.

See ya guys soon...

blt456
2011.09.19, 05:54 PM
Philip, can you clear out your inbox? I need to send you a message. Thanks!

PNracing
2011.09.19, 07:26 PM
Philip, can you clear out your inbox? I need to send you a message. Thanks!

Just email me philip@pnracing.com