PDA

View Full Version : Mini-ZRacer.com Mini-Z Dojo Fall Points Series 2011

monkeyZ
2011.09.20, 09:29 PM
Dojo Members!

We are going to run an 8 week long points series this fall at our new Dojo!

We will meet 2 times each month and race GT class cars that comply with HFAY specification. Please note we are just using the HFAY spec to make it easier as most of our cars are already HFAY compliant.

Basically 70T motor and a GT class body.

The dates for the points series are as follows:

All dates are Saturdays and we will start the GTG at 7PM
Track Layout #1 (Okabe-san made a nice layout, see below)
October
15 (Enduro)
29 (Sprints)

November
12 (Enduro)
19 (Sprints)

Track Layout #2
December
3 (Enduro)
17 (Sprints)

January
7 (Enduro)
21 (Sprints)

Points will be awarded for qualifying position and for final race position. Races will start with reverse qualifying order.

Tracks:

We will limit the track to 2 different layouts that we run every other week. The space allows for a track that is 9 tiles wide by 26 tiles long.

Please submit any ideas for tracks that you want to run

Racing format:

We will run 2 10 minute sprint style mains and 1 20 minute each night and a single qualifying session each GTG so we can get maximum race time each week. The track will remain open after the formal racing for any testing and tuning.

Let me know if you have any questions or requests, other than date changes as those are fixed, and we can try to accommodate them.

thank you and see you at the fix points series race!

The Race Dictator

Deca
2011.09.21, 10:53 AM
So you want to alternate layouts each race? My first thought is that we should keep one layout for 4 weeks and then switch for the next 4, just for more consistency and time to get the car tuned to the track (if we ran one track that long I might actually figure some way to alter my setup to better fit the track :P)

But I dunno, maybe I won't feel that way once we get going. What does everyone else think on the matter?

YoYo-Pete
2011.09.21, 09:39 PM
The series commitee also said that the cars had to have a number.

Lawrence... dont forget to print me some numbers.
http://static.weezbe.com/speedrc/Images/products/SCC002_250.jpg

rensuchan
2011.09.22, 07:54 AM
The series commitee also said that the cars had to have a number.

Lawrence... dont forget to print me some numbers.
http://static.weezbe.com/speedrc/Images/products/SCC002_250.jpg

What number did you want again, 17?

MRDAVT
2011.09.22, 10:50 AM
One track idea I've posted on the wrong thread, see attachment, suppose to work both cw and ccw.

YoYo-Pete
2011.09.22, 04:30 PM
What number did you want again, 17?

Yes please... Make it stylish to match the car (why I posted the pic). :D Cool?

monkeyZ
2011.09.26, 10:54 AM
One track idea I've posted on the wrong thread, see attachment, suppose to work both cw and ccw.

That looks like a great flowing layout!

monkeyZ
2011.09.26, 02:10 PM
Please notice that I updated the October Dates!!!!!!!!!!

monkeyZ
2011.09.27, 10:07 AM
Gcal for this race series

https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=aGVpc29zbDZuYzVlcmFoZXRodjg2cG1qZzRAZ3Jv dXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ&gsessionid=OK

rensuchan
2011.09.28, 08:34 AM
Yes please... Make it stylish to match the car (why I posted the pic). :D Cool?

You can design it if you want and I can just print them lol.

BTW do you want waterslides where you need to soak them in water to attach or do you want just a sticker type paper?

YoYo-Pete
2011.09.29, 09:10 AM
I'll take whatever you think will look the best applied.

I can design it. What format do you want? You got the photoshops?

YoYo-Pete
2011.09.29, 09:26 AM
We have a race on Saturday night of Halloween weekend?

That's one of the most fun bar/concert/event nights of the year. If I'm at the race that night, it means I failed at life. lol

rensuchan
2011.09.30, 11:49 PM
I'll take whatever you think will look the best applied.

I can design it. What format do you want? You got the photoshops?

Photoshop is cool. The waterslides look better applied so I'll do that.

wolfman
2011.10.09, 10:48 AM
Hello long time no see... I have been busy doin David's mom:eek: Is the new location wheelchair friendly?

monkeyZ
2011.10.12, 06:38 AM
You can enter from the street and then it is chair friendly. David wouldn't advise you using the back door. I am not sure if there is a good spot to park in the front.

wolfman
2011.10.13, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the reply.

monkeyZ
2011.10.13, 09:29 PM
Just a friendly reminder for saturday!

BATTERIES!!!!!
There will be basically 5 or 6 total battery events. Charge your batteries before you get to the track and top off before you race.

30 minute Practice Session
15 minute single fast lap Qualifying

with

Sprint Main 1 (10 minutes)
Sprint Main 2 (10 Minutes)

or
An Enduro Main (20 Minutes)

So, that basically means that you will use 5 or 6 sets of batteries during the night. To help things go smoothly it would be a good idea to charge your cells before and then just top them off at the race before we run. There will be minimal time between Qualifying and the Races. Charge your batteries before you get to the track and top off before you race.

Qualifying
Points for qualifying order
Places 1 through 10 will get 10 points down to 1 point.

Races
Again Places 1 through 10 receive points.

In sprint races 1st place will get 10 points down to 1 point for 10th place.
1 - 10
2 - 9
3 - 8
4 - 7
5 - 6
6 - 5
7 - 4
8 - 3
9 - 2
10 - 1

In enduro races the points will simply double with 1st Place taking 20 points and 10th place taking 2 points.
1 - 20
2 - 18
3 - 16
4 - 14
5 - 12
6 - 10
7 - 8
8 - 6
9 - 4
10 - 2

A few guidelines for the racing etiquette:

1. Space will be tight in the dojo around the track so we need to be mindful or obstructing the view of other people on the driver stand.

2. Since space is limited you may have to walk behind the rest of the drivers to another opening between the main rooms to put your car back on the track. Try not to run in front of other drivers to grab a car during the race. (This may be difficult as the space is limited)

3. If you crash during the race and can rejoin by reversing your car you need to wait until the main pack has passed you and an opening in the track is available to rejoin the pack.

4. Execute clean passes!!! Build your driving skill and try to pass without "crash passing" people. This means you may have to actually follow someone for an entire lap to find an opening instead of bullying your way past. Driving through another car isn't the way to pass people.

5. Charge your batteries before you get to the track and top off before you race.

Overall, let's have a good time and get a good points series going. If you have any questions or concerns about the points or racing etiquette suggestions please let David or myself know. We are trying to balance a fun time with as much racing as possible. Charge your batteries before you get to the track and top off before you race.

Thanks and I look forward to good times racing or in the bar next to the track while you guys race and I yell.
BT
The Race Dictator

monkeyZ
2011.10.13, 10:04 PM
BTW - We are running the layout Okabe-san suggested on the 1st page of this thread.

rensuchan
2011.10.14, 06:29 PM
Wont make the 15th, will be in Chicago.

mini-z
2011.10.15, 05:54 PM
Hello long time no see... I have been busy doin David's mom:eek: Is the new location wheelchair friendly?

Hahahaha awesome. So, the front (where we race) s/b totally accessible - I'm unsure about the parking part, i.e. it w/b on the street at meters etc. - but after that, the sidewalk, door, inside etc. s/b good. Please call me on my cell if you need anything! :) So great to hear from you/hi to mom! :D

mini-z
2011.10.15, 06:02 PM
So you want to alternate layouts each race? My first thought is that we should keep one layout for 4 weeks and then switch for the next 4, just for more consistency and time to get the car tuned to the track (if we ran one track that long I might actually figure some way to alter my setup to better fit the track :P)

But I dunno, maybe I won't feel that way once we get going. What does everyone else think on the matter?

You are correct, we race on one track for 4 events, then the other for the next 4. This allows for optimization of setup, not to mention the chance to name the corners over time etc.! :D

mini-z
2011.10.15, 06:03 PM
We have a race on Saturday night of Halloween weekend?

That's one of the most fun bar/concert/event nights of the year. If I'm at the race that night, it means I failed at life. lol

The irony being that the only reason we're running that night is that we pushed back from running 10/1 because you said you couldn't make it that night! :p

How would everyone feel about running earlier in the day then? :)

MRDAVT
2011.10.15, 06:21 PM
I will go around 8:00 pm.

mini-z
2011.10.16, 01:33 PM
The irony being that the only reason we're running that night is that we pushed back from running 10/1 because you said you couldn't make it that night! :p

How would everyone feel about running earlier in the day then? :)

Perhaps no need now since John is out of town that weekend...? :rolleyes:

monkeyZ
2011.10.23, 07:25 PM
Points standings after round one!

Don't forget you get one drop for the series so don't feel like you are out of it!

Okabe 30
Mini-z 27
YoyoPete 20
Deca 21
Will3000GT 22