PDA

View Full Version : MBMZR hosting event - 11/05/2011

hrdrvr
2011.09.21, 10:25 AM
REFLEX RACING is now sponsoring this event!
PN Racing is now sponsoring this event too!
J.B R/C is now on the sponsor list!
Chick-fil-A is now donating as well!

That's right guys MBMZR is hosting it's first event of the year! We are having a late start this year, but it's going to be a special race. This will be at Myrtle Beach's brand new premier Mini Racing facility LET's Go Racing!, which is located at Myrtle Beach Mall (http://www.shopmyrtlebeachmall.com/). It will be on a layout similar to what has made MBMZR popular with elevations, track curbing, and custom rail liners, along with other special treats we've taken from ideas at other tracks. The main difference is that with the space we have at the new facility, the track will be bigger than ever! Who knows, you may even see some blank tiles on the straight ;)

This is going to be a special event for us at MBMZR, as this is a very special day for us, and me personally. The friends I have made in this hobby are what has given me so much enjoyment, and the drive to continue even when times were tough. It's not just a race event for me, but a very big "kick-off" event for my new endeavor, and I hope to share it with all the friends I have made in this wondrous hobby!

I will run 3 classes, with the possibility of a fourth. The possible class is a novice class directed at beginners, kids, and lower skilled racers. The rules will be very loose, as I want there to be a place for every one to feel comfortable racing. I will run this class as long as we have four participants. The main three classes will be Can Am 1 (basically an ll out mod class with prototype bodies, lexan included), GT1 (modified GT cars), and Kyosho Stock. The stock class will allow only very limited upgrades to make it easy form one to buy a car, and race it competitively. Detailed rules are to follow in the next post.

Pit space will be available on a first come, first serve basis. Spacing and electricity is ample, but you may want to bring supplemental lighting, a pit mat, and a power strip. The store will be locked at night, so those who want to leave their stuff Friday night can. It will be in a public mall during operating hours, so it is "at your own risk". We will do our best to watch it, and I am sure there will be racers there until we close, but it just isn't as secure as our facilities have been in the past. Hours of practice and a race schedule will be posted shortly.

We recently built and tested new elevations/transitions at our CFI location. I can say they are much more smooth than the ones we used in the past. We used metal framing this time instead of plywood, with a plywood topping, instead of the foam. They are a bit heavier, but in the end it is worth it, as they sit flatter, and we were able to mold the actual transition much better. For a point of reference, here is the last layout we ran as a test layout with these at CFI. The new store will have more space for a similar, but bigger layout, and I have some thoughts that will make it different than anything else I've ever done!
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/Track%20room/2011-08-31_12-34-57_391.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/Track%20room/2011-08-31_12-34-41_500.jpg

And as a little teaser, here is a shot of where the new track will be. Of course the store is rather bare now, but construction is under way!
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/2011-09-20_09-13-14_383.jpg

PRICING:
15 and under are free with a paying adult, or half price without an adult.
For Adults it will be $20 for the first class, $10 for the second, and $5 for the third.
Transponders will be available for rent for an additional $5, or you can use the house transponders and turn them in after each race.

Friday night practice will be discounted from our normal rate (for event participants only). It'll be $5 for 2 hours, or $10 for the day. Again 15 and under is free with a paying adult. Transponders will be available for rent as well.

SCHEDULE:
Friday, we will be open from 10am til 9pm. The track layout will be put down on Thursday night, so it will be available all day Friday for practice.

Like a typical MBMZR event we are going to try and keep a fast pace for the race day. This allows us some leeway when things don't go according to plan (for racers and the host), and also allow a lot of travelers to save on hotel rooms for Saturday night.

This is just a projected schedule. It will vary from this on race day, as I still don't know the exact heat counts or number of participants, but this should be a very good estimate.

7:00 - 9:50 - Free Practice
10:00-10:15 - Drivers meeting
10:15-11:45 - Qualifying Round 1 (Sorted Random)
11:45- 1:15 - Qualifying Round 2 (Reshuffled)
1:30 - 3:00 - Qualifying Round 3 (Reshuffled again)
3:30 - 5:30 - Mains

The mains will be longer than the Qualifiers so will need to be run at a frantic pace. I will remind you on race day, but please have plenty of batteries ready, and start your planning now of when and how to charge them. People running all the classes will have a bit of pressure on them during this stage, especially if they end up bumping up in the mains. The pace of qualifying will determine the length of the practice session before the mains. If we finish early, then we have more time for practice and food arrangements. The food court, is a fairly short walk, and if scheduling permits, a group food pick up could be arranged. There are other food options pretty close by outside of the mall, but of course, I would prefer you guys support my new neighbors, and buy mall food :D

See below for more details, and stay tuned for updates!!

yasuji
2011.09.21, 11:21 AM
Awesome!:D

hrdrvr
2011.09.21, 11:50 AM
Thanks Grant!! It would be totally awesome if you could come out. I know it's not a good weekend for you, as you probably have other plans ;)

RULES

Kyosho Stock:

Chassis: Any Kyosho 2WD Mini-Z chassis excluding formula 1.
Track Width: 80mm max (Must be original to the body selected)
Wheel Base: 86-106mm (Must be original to the body selected)

Body: Kyosho ASC only!

Wheel wells may be altered for tire clearance but may not be trimmed fore or aft to accommodate alternate wheel bases. Cabin windows must be retained but may be lightened internally, polycarbonate (Lexan) windows NOT allowed. Headlight buckets and lenses or covers must be retained. Taillight lenses and housings must also remain installed. The rear fascia maybe cut but only minimally for track clearance. Small body parts such as mirrors, canards and exhaust pipes must be installed, but canards can be slightly modified to keep from catching on track walls. If something is to break while on the track, it does not have to be reinstalled. Reinforcement to the inside of the body is legal, but hidden from view while looking at the outside of the body. The body must appear stock as Kyosho intended it to look.
Width: 82mm max.
Length: 200mm max
Height: 60mm max
Wing: Only wings original to the body are legal, and must be installed. If you have to replace a wing, it must be form the same model, and as long as it matchees (race directors judgement) can be a different color than the stock one. (ex: You can paint a wing from a white body kit of the same body black, and run it on your ASC legally.)

Electronics: Kyosho standard electronics only. FET upgrades are NOT legal.

Batteries: 4 x AAA NiMh or Alkaline (Lithium based batteries NOT allowed).

Wheels: Wheels must be original to the body being used.

Tires: Any rubber tires that properly fit on the wheels.

Min Weight: None.

Motor: Kyosho stock motor only.

Motor Mount: Kyosho plastic motor mount associated with the body selected only!

Suspension: No upgrades allowed. Shimming and modding (modification, not exchange for aftermarket) is allowed, but only suspension that is associated with the stock motor mount and body are allowed. Ex: No fitting of LM damper to 98mm pods, etc. Only a top spring is allowed for anything other than LM. Greases and oils are permitted. Only parts associated with the stock front end can be used. Parts can be modded, but not used on a different front end. Ex: No MR-02 king pins on MR-03s front ends. Bascially, you can do what you wish with the parts that come with the kit, but you can NOT add anything other than these parts. Stock springs (front and rear) ONLY! Stock T-H-plates ONLY!

Bearings: Bearing of any brand may be used.

Okay, So I am still getting flooded with questions and comments about the Stock class. I want to make one last clarification. This should make it easier to follow. You use what is in the box only, plus bearings and tires. You can not modify the chassis in anyway. The little yellow cap on the motor can be removed (only because some stock replacement motors do not have them). The only modifictations allowed to the body are reinforcement (It must be done within the body, so it can not be seen) and decals. Please keep the decals to tasteful level. These should be used to add color to darker bodies, and for a visual distinction from popular bodies that will likely get run by many drivers. I encourage the use of decals to customize your car for BOTH of these reasons, but retain the right to reject anything that I deem is overboard. One example I can think if is huge "name" graphics across the windows of the cars.

Please remember, this class is for driving, and showing off ASC bodies! DON'T MAKE IT MORE COMPLICATED THAN IT IS!! This should be the most simply written class, and it is getting so much attention that I feel like dropping it for a more Landon typical class, and not limiting anything but motor. I know that would be a mistake, and hopefully this will be the last clarification. All the previously posted rules in the Rules section still stand. This class should be the most fun, with the least investment, and the closest racing!!

GT1:

Chassis: Any 1/28th scale 2WD chassis.
Track Width: 80mm max
Wheel Base: 86-102mm

Body: Kyosho ASC, White Body or equivalent (R246, TRP, Iwaver, X-Mod, etc...) hard plastic bodies allowed, excluding LM-LeMans Prototype bodies or Can-Am/Pan-type bodies. No thin shell Lexan/polycarbonate bodies allowed. Bodies may be altered for wheelbase but a maximum wheel opening of 31mm measured horizontally must be maintained. Wheel wells may be altered for tire clearance but the body must cover the tire completely when viewed from above. Cabin window must be retained but may be lightened internally, polycarbonate (Lexan) windows allowed. Headlight buckets may be removed but lenses or covers must be retained. Taillight lenses and housings may be removed. The rear fascia or bumper maybe cut but no higher than 18mm from the chassis bottom plane. Holes are legal in the remaining fascia. Small body parts such as mirrors, canards and exhaust pipes may be omitted. Front air-dams, splitters and body sides may be trimmed for track clearance.
Width: 82mm max.
Height: 70mm max
Wing: All wings original to the body are legal. Aftermarket or non original wings must fit within the confines of main body. Wing must not extend higher than roof line relative to chassis bottom plane (excluding extensive roof scoops, for example Kyosho NSX), past widest point of body, or beyond rear of body work. This includes all parts of wing (side dams, etc...).

Electronics: Unlimited.

Batteries: 4 x AAA NiCad, NiMh or Alkaline (Lithium based batteries NOT allowed)

Wheels: Any Mini-Z type wheels, plastic or aluminum.
Front: 9 x 22mm max
Rear: 11 x 22mm max

Tires: Any rubber Mini-Z type tires (no foam).

Motor: Any 130 size brushed motor. Brushless not allowed.

Can Am 1:

Chassis: Any 1/28th scale 2WD chassis.
Track Width: 85mm max
Wheel Base: 90-106mm

Body: Atomic VDS (any version), PN Pan Car (any type), Le Mans Prototype or Can-Am style polycarbonate (Lexan) body (open or closed ****pit), Kyosho Le Mans ASC, White Body or similar.
Width: 85mm max.
Height: 60mm max
Wing: No limitation other than must fall within Body Width-Length-Height envelope.

Front: 11 x 22mm max
Rear: 11 x 22mm max

Tires: Any rubber or foam tires.

Batteries: 7.4V max. (Lithium based allowed).

Motor: Any 130 size motor. Brushless allowed.

Novice:

Chassis: Any 1/28th scale or similar 2WD or 4WD chassis.
Track Width: 80mm max
Wheel Base: 86-102mm

Body: Kyosho ASC, White Body or equivalent (R246, TRP, Iwaver, X-Mod, etc...) hard plastic bodies allowed, including LM-LeMans Prototype bodies

Motor: Stock Kyosho, ReflexRacing 70t, PN 70T, or 80T. May look into providing PN 80T hand-out motors, so this is subject to change.

Batteries: 4 x AAA NiCad, NiMh or Alkaline (Lithium based batteries NOT allowed)

Tires: Any rubber Mini-Z type tires (no foam).

Any questions and comments will be addressed!

Please let me know what classes you plan to participate in, so I can update the divers list!

DRIVERS LIST:

Kyosho Stock:
Alex
Andy
Chad
EMU
Landon
Micheal
Mike
Rodney
Shafiq
Wade

GT1:
Albert
Alex
Chad
Chris
Dustin
Ed
EMU
Josh
Landon
Matt
Micheal
Mike
Pedro
Rodney
Shafiq
Shelby
Wade

Can Am 1:
Albert
Andy
Chad
Ed
EMU
Josh
Landon
Matt
Micheal
Mike
Pedro
Rodney
Shafiq
Shelby
Wade

Novice:
Dan
Cade
Drake
Gavin
Oliver

hrdrvr
2011.09.21, 11:51 AM
The Myrtle Beach Mall (http://www.shopmyrtlebeachmall.com/)
10177 N Kings Hwy
Myrtle Beach, SC 29572

If you come around to the back of the mall, our back entrance is on the sidewalk leading into the theater (from the south side). If you come in the entrance at the theater, come into the mall, then turn right. We are the second store, just passed Victoria's Secret. If you come in the entrance just south of there (usually the best for parking), you come in and turn left, and we are the third store, just passed Bath and Body Works.

Here are slightly better directions, with a map :D
If you look at this map (it's hard to read) we are in number 70.
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/mallMap.gif

It's in the green section, in the middle of the middle section. If you come in by the theater (Carmike 12), you turn right, and we are on the right. If you come in the entrance just south (left on the mall map), you come in and turn left, and we are on the left. As early as most of us are going to be showing up, the prime parking spots will be available. The entrance next to the theater is closer for those parking in handicap spots, otherwise, they are equal. The bottom of this map faces the main highway (17), so you need to come around the back of the mall to get to those doors. I usually come in around the Bass Pro end, as it will be bring you right to the doors I recommend coming into.

HOTELS:
As you know, Myrtle Beach is full of 'em :D There are a number of hotels on the beach, and we are very centrally located between Myrtle and N Myrtle. Any hotel you chose won't be too far. I will give links to a few that look like good choices to me. I don't stay in hotels too often at the beach so my experience is limited.

The Fairfield Inn (http://www.myrtlebeachfairfieldinn.com/) is the absolute closest hotel, and is less than a quarter of a mile away. A double room is $70 from expedia right now.

There is a Courtyard by Marriott (http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/myrcn-courtyard-myrtle-beach-barefoot-landing/) at Barefoot Landing, which is right down the road, and is a shopping and restaurant mecca for those bringing family along. They are $80 on expedia for a double.

If you don't mind a 10-15 minute drive to the track, you can find numerous hotels at the beach for under $50. One example is the Boardwalk Beach Resort (http://www.boardwalkresort.com/), which is running $40 for a double for Friday night, through expedia of course.

I found these with just a few minutes of searching. You can always plug the address in to check proximity, and if you are viewing a map, the mall is at the intersection of Hwy 22 and 17. It's pretty easy to spot, to make a judgement on distance.

Feel free to make any recommendations you know, or ask me any more questions you might have. Look forward to seeing every one in a month!

yasuji
2011.09.21, 11:56 AM
will this be a permanent location?

cosmicsoul
2011.09.21, 12:30 PM
Man this is exciting Landon! Memories of the Spring Fling at 843 are flowing through my mind! You guys had a great following back then. Can't remember how many entries but it seems like at least 50 over half of them locals.

The mall traffic is sure to bring some new racers aboard. I am sure that a venue open 7 days a week will be a plus for some of the off road guys too.

Congratulations and much success to your new endeavor!!!!!!! Lincoln and I will be there to show our support!

hrdrvr
2011.09.21, 12:59 PM
Grant, yes. This is a new store I am opening. We will focus on Miniz and other micros with a couple of permanent tracks, and a full time racing schedule.

Jay, I can't wait to see you guys! This is very exciting :)

pedrocamp
2011.09.21, 06:22 PM
Great News Landon!!!! I look forward to coming down and racing in your new store! Count me in.

LET's Go Racing... catchy! Is your middle name Ernest? Edmund? Edsel? Ehud? Elroy or Elvis?

I am sure it will be the coolest track in the area if not the nation!

chad508
2011.09.21, 08:51 PM
oh it will be the biggest baddest track in the world. i cant wait for it to get opened and we pick up another 40-50 racers. its going to be a blast. i went by the last couple days to see the progress and its coming along fast. he still has a lot to get done but when everything is done its going to bring mbmzr to a whole new level.

hrdrvr
2011.09.22, 03:59 PM
Pedro, My middle name does start with E, but it is none of the ones you listed. If you can guess it, Ill hook you up with something free when you come down for the event. I'll even give you some clues. It only has 3 letters, but you use all of them twice. The three letters are some what of a conundrum.

Chad, I like the kind words, but I'll have a LOT of work to do to get "best in the world" status :D I can say, it definitely wont be the biggest. I just hope to be high up in the rankings of cool factor :D

pedrocamp
2011.09.22, 04:38 PM
Ewe? double u...

pinoyboy
2011.09.22, 07:49 PM
Wow, this sounds awesome Landon! I would love to go see it in person one day :D

Mike Keely
2011.09.22, 08:49 PM
I hope this brings many new faces into the class. Best of luck to you.

cowboysir
2011.09.22, 10:13 PM
Another reason to visit when I see my brother in law next spring! Awesome news Landon!

blt456
2011.09.22, 10:55 PM
Wow Landon, that's pretty cool. At ILR, a lot of people walk in and try out the rental cars. I don't know if you plan to do this but I think it is a good way to get people to buy the cars...hopefully bringing you new racers.

cosmicsoul
2011.09.22, 11:26 PM
Hey if you need some paint let me know, I can get you a good discount at Sherwin Williams.

Daddy Rabbit
2011.09.23, 09:07 AM
Heck, he doesn't need paint, he needs painters, you know any?:D
Jay, can't wait to see all you guys down here for the race, please talk it up at HSH.;)

cosmicsoul
2011.09.23, 09:56 AM
Too bad you guys aren't closer I would be glad to help out, probably would not be cost effective to use my guys.

We do travel though if would like to hire us we will give you a good deal for sure;)!

Haven't had much time for racing lately, hopefully will be at Highspeed next week though.

Daddy Rabbit
2011.09.23, 03:33 PM
Jay
I was just kidding, there is not much painting to be done considering the size of the store.
We are looking forward to racing with you and the gang again.

hrdrvr
2011.09.23, 08:38 PM
Ewe? double u...

Haha! Now that is the most creative answer I've ever heard to my riddle of a middle....name :p I know.....cheesy. I should clarify, the 3 letters are used twice each to make what would be a 6 letter name. Good luck!

Wow, this sounds awesome Landon! I would love to go see it in person one day :D

Hank, you know you will be welcome to come up any time! IF you make it on the 5th, Ill make sure to have a hooked up arrive and drive for whatever class you'd like to run!

I hope this brings many new faces into the class. Best of luck to you.

Thanks Mike. I am all about growing the hobby. Hopefully I can bring it to my area, and in turn, bring more racers to all of the east coast events! Because of this, I'll probably miss out on the ALS race at Mimi's, but hopefully by your next event Ill have the store set up where I can start traveling to races again! I talked to Gary about y'alls dates, and some of y'all possibly coming down for this. Hope some of you guys can make it. I think Matt is coming down. It would be cool to have the RR trio of Mike, Mike, and Matt in the house!

Another reason to visit when I see my brother in law next spring! Awesome news Landon!

Do it Derek, do it! :D Like I said before, it'll be a trek, but I guess considering you'll be traveling all the way across the continent, it wont be much further :eek: We will surely have regular Saturday racing, and will hopefully have a solid group by the time you come out our way. Can't wait to meet you in person!

Wow Landon, that's pretty cool. At ILR, a lot of people walk in and try out the rental cars. I don't know if you plan to do this but I think it is a good way to get people to buy the cars...hopefully bringing you new racers.

Luke, getting in touch with Binh has been on my short list for a while. Problem is, my short list is pretty long these days :D I definitely would like to see how he makes the rentals work so well, as I think it would be a great addition to my store in the mall settings. Even if I never get to talk to him, Ill probably be implementing some type of rental program pretty early on. One question, does he use AM or 2.4 cars?

Hey if you need some paint let me know, I can get you a good discount at Sherwin Williams.

I got all the paint I need with a great discount at Andy Thompson's, lol. The office had a 5 gallon bucket of the paint from the addition we last built. Needless to say CFI is short about 2.5 gallons of paint :D I probably wont need it all, but when I return the bucket, It'll be a little lighter! And dad, before you think I stole it out from under ya, I asked the real boss (mom) before taking it :D

I'll get the rules and whatnot posted up very soon. I'm going to go with Can Am for the third class, and will play the beginner class by ear. Can Am is sure to bring more participants, and it will ensure that we have a class for every one!

pedrocamp
2011.09.23, 09:14 PM
OK... Emmett. (?) That was harder than Ewe! Glad to know you aren't named after a sheep. Anyway back to the real topic... LET's Go Racing!

blt456
2011.09.23, 09:20 PM
I think I know what he's basically doing...if you want I can message you on here or fb and tell you how he has the whole rental system set up. He converted all of the cars to spektrum.

bermbuster
2011.09.23, 09:36 PM
I think I know what he's basically doing...if you want I can message you on here or fb and tell you how he has the whole rental system set up. He converted all of the cars to spektrum.

Landon get in touch with Binh....He is the grandmaster of mini z and ILR is the Mecca......
His rentals are solid and bullet proof.....when I was there I counted he has 24 rentals(you might not need that many to start)...all 2.4 losi spektrum.....Its an investment but the cars run great and all you see is happy renters....when I was at ILR i witnessed all 24 rentals driving on 2 tracks and there was a waiting line for rentals.....Binh his wife and his crew dont miss a beat....they have a system for keeping track of rental times battery charging and either hosting a birthday party and or racing.....
I dont know what your rent is but you know you gotta keep the track full of cars to cover expenses......you need solid reliable rentals that are easy to drive and that dont break....
BTW....I wish you the Best.....:)

hrdrvr
2011.09.25, 11:37 AM
Pedro, getting very close :D

Luke, George, Thanks for the info so far. If either of you want to message me more details on FB that would be awesome. Since the new changes over there, I haven;t been checking often, but I will get the message eventually. A PM here would be good as well :D

I updated the first page with detailed rules. I think Can Am suits more people, so went ahead and made it the official third class. If there is a ton of interest for F1 (I'd love to run it!) then Ill run it too, but maybe with limited qualifiers, and lots of cars on track to save time.

Daddy Rabbit
2011.09.27, 10:16 AM
Tannie it was good to see you last night at the new place and remember to keep the Nov 5th date open for the race. The store is going to be a great place to race when LT is finished with it. Can't wait.

hrdrvr
2011.09.27, 11:32 AM
I really appreciate all the support for the new store guys! I went ahead and made a thread for it in our local section (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37064), so lets take the chatter over there, and leave this thread for actual event discussion!

I'm working on some deals with local hotels, and I'll have that information up very soon! In the mean time feel free to check expedia/hotels.com/ etc.. for pricing. Honestly, I usually find better deals through them than what the hotels offer me direct. This is considered "off season" to the hotels, so pricing should be pretty fair! You should be able to stay right on the beach for cheap. I just did a quick search on expedia and found 20+ locations for $50 or under, with quite of few of them being right on the beach!

chad508
2011.09.27, 12:25 PM
plus there is also 2 hotels right beside the mall. one is a courtyard by marriot, the other one i am unsure of.

hrdrvr
2011.09.27, 09:27 PM
Put down a layout today. Looks pretty sweet!

Racing on something like this is going to be awesome!

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/2011-09-27_18-00-37_13.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/2011-09-27_18-01-13_228.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/2011-09-27_18-01-23_193.jpg

yasuji
2011.09.27, 09:40 PM
looks like it will be hard to see the rt side infield if u stand on the rt side

chad508
2011.09.27, 10:08 PM
i was thinking the same thing when we set it up but once on the drivers stand you can see everything.

hrdrvr
2011.09.27, 10:53 PM
You miss 1/4-1/3 of a tile depending on how tall you are. It's only right at corner exit where you should be tight to the wall anyway. I ran this same type of down slope at cfi many times and no one ever complained :) I stand on the far right, so I will be the first to notice. :p

yasuji
2011.09.27, 11:24 PM
You miss 1/4-1/3 of a tile depending on how tall you are. It's only right at corner exit where you should be tight to the wall anyway. I ran this same type of down slope at cfi many times and no one ever complained :) I stand on the far right, so I will be the first to notice. :p

but ur a foot taller than me.....lol:o

hrdrvr
2011.09.28, 07:56 AM
Yeah, but you drive a foot closer to the wall than I do :) If you come out, and you can't see, I will move your driver stand a close as it needs to be, or even change the layout!....just cause thats the kind of guy I am :)

2EZ
2011.09.28, 10:35 AM
but ur a foot taller than me.....lol:o

I think more than a foot!!!

miamimcnutt
2011.09.28, 12:45 PM
i will be coming to race with u guys track looks cool

albert

hrdrvr
2011.09.28, 06:25 PM
G, here is the look from chest high right in front of the spot I think you are talking about.

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/2011-09-28_15-08-33_638.jpg

I figure chest high is lower than you would be looking from :D

Also, just in case that isn't good enough, Ive got a spot just for you! :D

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/2011-09-28_15-07-53_611.jpg

Albert, I can't wait to run with you guys. Talk it up at HS, and get a good group to come down with ya. I know all of them aren't on the forums, so make sure they know I'm really hoping they come out!

chad508
2011.10.02, 08:51 PM
So who's all coming. Lets get a count going. The race will be here before we know it, and I'm starting to get pumped up. I have been waiting for a race since the last CC race in charlotte.

yasuji
2011.10.02, 09:16 PM
awesome landon!:rolleyes:.... i wish i could make ur first event but as u know i will be across the pond! however i will definitely be making plans to get to ur new place!:D

hrdrvr
2011.10.04, 09:51 PM
Grant, I had an idea today of how to lessen the blocked area on the right front of the infield today. I will make a revision tomorrow, and if I like it, Ill post a pic. I was going over the layout in my head (still haven't had to chance to turn more than a handful of laps), and going as wide as possible there, should aid in straightening out the rhythm turns following it. I'm going to try and eliminate the "blind spot", as even if it doesn't effect me, I don't want things like this getting in the way of any one's good time :D I wish you, and your team the best of luck on your race! I wish I could make it, but obviously, I have a lot going on :D Maybe you can make it out to one of our "elevated" events. If not, I at least hope to be on the PN regional schedule again next year, and I know that would be a good opportunity for you to make it to our area again.

To every one planning on attending, please let me know that you are coming. Ive got verbal confirmation from quite a few, but knowing the number of participants always helps us plan for the best event possible. It's only a month away, and I'd like to get a schedule posted soon, so every one can make travel arrangements. I'd like to make it a pretty early start to get the travelers back on the road as early as possible Saturday. We have some that need to be home that night, so I would plan on coming out for practice Friday if it is possible. We will be open until at least 9 Friday night, so late arrivals can still get in plenty of practice.

Let me know! Oh, and if you don't mind posting the classes you will run, that is always helpful to every one coming as well!

hrdrvr
2011.10.04, 10:37 PM
Oh, and I forgot to mention, Reflex Racing is sponsoring our event! Cristian has been a great friend to our club, and has helped us at every one of our events. I am sure he will send us an awesome package of gifts to give away as door prizes!

Thank you REFLEX RACING!!!!

PNracing
2011.10.05, 01:03 AM
Landon, congratulation you have very nice track and store, on your Nov 5 race, don't forget turn on your computer to watching Germany PNWC final, we have over 10 country 100 drivers, should be the best PNWC final.

hrdrvr
2011.10.05, 07:27 AM
I will definitely have your life feed broadcasting Philip. It will be great publicity for the sport.

hrdrvr
2011.10.05, 09:54 AM
Address and hotel information added to first page!

VAzRACER
2011.10.05, 11:52 AM
I'm in for gt1 and can am.

hrdrvr
2011.10.05, 07:32 PM
Thanks Matt! Every one needs to join the bandwagon so I can gt some schedule projections done!

On another note: PN Racing joined the sponsor train!! Philip has always been another big supporter of our races/club. I will have a bunch of his parts for sale, as well as having a prize package from him to give away!

hrdrvr
2011.10.06, 08:18 AM
Just for clarification sake, the rules for the Kyosho stock class are somewhat based off of their summer shoot out rules. I want to have a class where some one can buy a kit, and race competetively. Below is a quote from the R241 thread, that I have modified to more reflect exactly what I want to see in the class. I tried my best to change these rulings to a format that more follows suit with the Carolina Cup rules, as most of the attendees at this race are familiar with those rules, and that format.

KYOSHO STOCK (Featured Class)
Open to Kyosho MR-015, MR-02, & MR-03 Mini-Z Chassis with original kit motor. Chassis can be any configuration including LM. Motor mount, Body, and wheels must match those that came on original kit. (i.e. No mix and match wheels and offsets, No LM pods in 98mm.)

No chassis or body modification allowed (exception hole may be drilled in rear deck lid of Ferrari F355 to allow for damper)

The only Kyosho option parts allowed are the following:
Any Rubber tire
Ball Bearings

Now to further clarify, you can adjust the suspension, and tinkering with the stock parts is allowed. You can move/remove shims, You can sand your LM disks and damper plates. You can add damping oils and greases wherever you see fit, the diff included. You can sand/wax/polish your king pins, but you must use the ones from the kit you are running. You must run it the way it was meant to be run (ie. You cannot run three stock top shocks in a tri-shock configuration).

Stock (and equivilent) replacements are allowed if you are to break something. The clear and colored chassis parts are allowed.

You may NOT change springs, or T/H-plates. You may NOT run anything other than the gearing that comes within the kit. You may NOT run anything other then the Kyosho Stock motor. You may NOT run hop-up parts from the "Cup" or other special edition kits.

If there are any further questions, please let me know. I want this to be a fun class. It's way simpler than it sounds. Just open the box, install bearing and your desires tires, and race!

hrdrvr
2011.10.11, 12:20 PM
A slight change after much deliberation, and debate. NO FET UPGRADES in Kyosho stock class!

This will mean only bearing and tires can be added out of the box. Everything else will be considered a violation of the rules, and bannation from the world as we know will be immanent.

On another not I got in touch with J.B. and we are going to have another wonderful body to give away at this event! It will be a bit special, and will surely be a crowd-pleaser as usual!

Lastly, The drivers list is updated. Those who have confirmed that you are coming, it would be nice if you told me your projected classes so every one can see what classes are going to get the most participation. Right now it looks pretty balanced, except for the fact that I don't have many signed up for the novice class.

hrdrvr
2011.10.14, 08:01 AM
Okay, So I am still getting flooded with questions and comments about the Stock class. I want to make one last clarification. This should make it easier to follow. You use what is in the box only, plus bearings and tires. You can not modify the chassis in anyway. The little yellow cap on the motor can be removed (only because some stock replacement motors do not have them). The only modifictations allowed to the body are reinforcement (It must be done within the body, so it can not be seen) and decals. Please keep the decals to tasteful level. These should be used to add color to darker bodies, and for a visual distinction from popular bodies that will likely get run by many drivers. I encourage the use of decals to customize your car for BOTH of these reasons, but retain the right to reject anything that I deem is overboard. One example I can think if is huge "name" graphics across the windows of the cars.

Please remember, this class is for driving, and showing off ASC bodies! DON'T MAKE IT MORE COMPLICATED THAN IT IS!! This should be the most simply written class, and it is getting so much attention that I feel like dropping it for a more Landon typical class, and not limiting anything but motor. I know that would be a mistake, and hopefully this will be the last clarification. All the previously posted rules in the Rules section still stand. This class should be the most fun, with the least investment, and the closest racing!!

I'm going to add this to the rules section, and hopefully this will be the lastclarification/ammendment/etc..

EMU
2011.10.14, 12:37 PM
This class is throwing me for a loop, mainly because I think the LM cars will handle the best due to the damper, but I WANT to run a body thats more.... fun. lol. I am going to look throught the ASC's available at the track this weekend, hopefully I can be inspired by them to choose the body that is the most fun (and possibly akward) that might not have the best race winning potential, but would be fun to drive and see on the track...

Im thinking about a P934. It comes with Classic wheels, so I may use LM front tires on it front and rear to keep the scale look. Although, Im not sure that the rear would have sufficient rollout to keep up in the straights. Now I just have to find the body :) I have one in black somewhere, but I think that will be too dark, even with decals (and I dont have the wheels as I bought the body used). I dont know why I am getting so excited for this class, but I think it will be a lot of fun, and have more variety than the normal classes that I race.

chad508
2011.10.14, 03:36 PM
im with you emu. this is should be the easiest class but when your told you have to run box stock it make it more difficult some how. and its not that the rules are unclear its just you have to put more thought into it when you havent ran a stock car in years. i feel this class will be a blast and more than likely be the closest at the end.

hrdrvr
2011.10.15, 10:21 AM
I'd rather run something different that every one else too. The only thing I know, is that I am not going to run a Sauber :D Ive never run the R390, so I was thinking about that. The Kenwood 962 is, IMO, one of the best looking ASCs ever, and I used to love running the 962 in our old LM class, and did pretty well with it. I am leaning towards these, because I think every one will be running LM, and I'd rather run something similar to the other front runners for the close racing. If you (EMU) end up running a short RM car, I may jump on that, as I think they are more fun to drive. I used to run the 934 and 935 on an MR015, and it was one of the most fun cars I've ever driven. My set up wasn't all that dialed, but the 86mmpp RM car was a blast! I don't know if I can find my old wheels for them though :( I know I've got the clip for the red bull 911 GT, and the totip F40, two RM cars I've never run, but really like the look of :D

EMU
2011.10.15, 11:15 AM
So I went to a local track yesterday, and spent a while looking at the ASC bodies. The only 934 he has is a black one, except for the orange Jagermeister which is not for sale since it is in the owners collection. Which means that I have to re-think it a little. Maybe a short tail McLaren...

With it being a box stock class, the body choice dictates a lot with how the car will handle. With little option to adjust the feel of the car beyond that, I want to make sure to get the body choice that will complement my driving style and beyond that complement the cars that I plan to run in the other classes.

I have primarily been racing carpet, so my setups have strayed a little away from RCP setup. They still work pretty well, but its a little more difficult to take the carpet setup and race on RCP than take the RCP setup and race on carpet. So I know I will be chasing setup a little in the other classes.

My ideal body right now would be the SLR. But not being able to find one in ASC condition with wheels will limit that idea... I think I may have to use my 911GT3r (at least as of now with what I have). I have a black Lexus ASC unopened... but its a little dark, and if I am going to drive RM I want it to be more fun to drive like the Porsche. With no Porsches available in Forza 4, I may just need to get a Porsche fix... maybe GT1 if not the GT3R. Do I go lightweight and nimble, or heavier weight where I have to keep the corner speed up. These sort of aspects I think about more with box stock racing than open racing... I like it :)

Ive been thinking more about racing this class than either of the others which are open classes. Ha! What I am searching for is not necessarily the fastest box stock body and chassis configuration, but one that is more fun. Since that is what the class is all about.

From what I understand, the GT3R, GT1 and the 911 GT3 all use the same clip, which I have 5 of, so that is why I am thinking about using this type of body. If everyone drives LM, they will have a larger turning circle, and I should be able to zip around them with the smaller body. Or at least thats what I am picturing in my head :p Having some carpet experience with the box stock GT3R also is swaying me in that direction. Although with my front wheels gone (glued to carpet tires), I would need a set of wheels.

Daddy Rabbit
2011.10.16, 09:04 AM
I posted this on the other thread, LT said we will be open until 9:00pm Friday night and I will open at 7:00 am Saturday if there is interest otherwise we will open at 8:00. So let us know if anyone will show at 7:00 or a little after, I will be glad to open, please respond here, thank you.

VAzRACER
2011.10.16, 10:59 AM
I posted this on the other thread, LT said we will be open until 9:00pm Friday night and I will open at 7:00 am Saturday if there is interest otherwise we will open at 8:00. So let us know if anyone will show at 7:00 or a little after, I will be glad to open, please respond here, thank you.

I'd show up at 6 if I could get in lol. Seriously, I'd be up for 7am. I'm gonna miss the friday practice so the more track time I can get the better. Thanks for asking.

hrdrvr
2011.10.16, 01:05 PM
I posted a schedule, better directions to our store within the mall, and updated the drivers list. The drivers list still isn't complete, but this is all that has told me classes, or ones that I know are correct. I am guessing I can add EMU to all classes, right ;)

It's getting close, I can't wait to see every one, and it'll be awesome to show off our new store to our old friends!!

EMU
2011.10.16, 01:33 PM
Yea, all classes. I am trying to get another racer or two to come down as well...

GIHOSU
2011.10.17, 09:20 AM
Yea, all classes. I am trying to get another racer or two to come down as well...

Yea, he is twisting my arm. Or is he pulling my leg?

hrdrvr
2011.10.17, 07:27 PM
I believe that is considered arm twisting :)

It would be cool to run with you again Shafiq!

GIHOSU
2011.10.17, 11:09 PM
It will be both an honor and pleasure to race with you at your own place. The space looks amazing, did some she-she clothing store leave you an amazing setting for R/C?

My plan is to run all 3 classes. My GT1 just needs RCP tires, the Can Am 1 will get the same and we are waiting for our Box Stocks to arrive. They will get some work and prettying up before we roll into Myrtle Beach.

I can't wait to see all the Mini-Zers I miss. It's too bad that Traveler will be busy...

hrdrvr
2011.10.18, 08:27 AM
Thanks Shafiq, those are kind words. I think most of the stuff in the store was installed by Structure, if you remember that clothing store. It was the male version of Express. They had all the same fixtures in the stores as Express.

Ill put you down for all three. The main thing with the drivers list, is just to show what all will be supported and how much, so other drivers can make their choices. I'm not going to twist your arm, and make you run all three if you chose not to on race day :D I'm sure EMU and you will do fine getting your carpet racers dialed to our RCP. It's not super high grip like Maj has (well at least use to have back when I went there), but almost exactly the same as the HSH RCP that you raced on in NC. I almost never have to make any major changes when I travel there, just minor adjustments to maximize performance for the layout.

I think Marwan will be missed by all. The HS group has figured out how to live life without him lately. I'm sure we will do the same :D Seriously, I wish you were going to make it M!

GIHOSU
2011.10.18, 12:29 PM
I am waiting to find out if another racer will be able to make the trip. Hopefully, I will have another name for the drivers list. My class choices may be adjusted depending on the drive to Myrtle Beach.

The carpet setups work well when we drive them on RCP. We never made any big changes because every setup was drivable when we started running on carpet.

I really want to drive your track. We had a small tight track with an elevated section back in the day at Cruizin and it was so much fun. I can hardly wait to drive a full size track with elevation changes.

hrdrvr
2011.10.18, 01:17 PM
The elevations, curbing, and rail liners really make for a different race experience. I like to think it makes racing a much better experience, but I'll let you decide when you get down here :D

What kind of stock cars did y'all order? LMs, or Porsches? Ive got a couple of 934 RSR ASCs on the way, in case EMU gets the bug :D I'm also going to start out with a 90mm Red Bull and see how it works.....if I ever get a chance to turn some laps, lol.

GIHOSU
2011.10.18, 07:15 PM
I am not sure about the cars we are getting. I have a feeling they will be Porsche GT1s or GT3Rs. We have a deep Autoscale inventory to help confuse us as well. LMs have been ruled out after considering them.

In keeping with the idea of making it a fun class, we will most likely end up racing what we want to see flying around the track. I think I will end up choosing a 911 or a Ferrari.

Has anyone made up their mind as to what they will race in Box-stock?

hrdrvr
2011.10.18, 09:35 PM
I wanted to run the "norm" for the closeness of racing, but I am leaning towards a 90RM. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that most of the field will be Saubers, lol. Same as you, either a ferrari or porsche, most likely.

EMU
2011.10.19, 03:16 AM
I wanted to run the "norm" for the closeness of racing, but I am leaning towards a 90RM. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that most of the field will be Saubers, lol. Same as you, either a ferrari or porsche, most likely.

If you are running 90RM, I will run 90RM. We can have our own fun with the small cars, kind of like multi class racing ;)

I dont know what Im getting yet, I ordered the cheapest kit I could get from the local hobby shop... It may be GT1 or GT3R he didnt know for sure which it is.

I have a GT3R ASC unmodified, so I can do a quick switch if needed. I may revert one of my 'skinny' class cars back to stock, the only thing that I changed was the rear end, so it should be simple, this way I can try the GT1 and GT3R back to back without having to change wide/narrow.

Can we use the narrow config in the wider body? I assume no, but both front ends come in the box... :rolleyes: I think the GT3R would be better on the boards/in traffic, but the GT1 may have more corner speed.

hrdrvr
2011.10.19, 10:47 AM
If it is a narrow body, you must run narrow front end. If it's a wide body, you must run wide. We need to run the ASCs as Kyosho intended them. If you run a GT1, Ill likely go with the F40, so I can run wide too. If you end up wit ha GT3, Ill rock one too. I've got the red bull livery now, but have a few more kits I could swap with. I've also got a few 934 ASCs (for stock, and in my box) if we get really feisty :D

Here are a couple more pics, since we are getting closer to completion.

Looking into the front doors.
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/2011-10-13_16-04-01_929.jpg

Inviting, eh? :D

Oval/Off-road track
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/2011-10-13_16-04-27_606.jpg

And the parts area. I have 3 big shipments coming this week. We should fill most of the remaining space :D
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/2011-10-17_18-42-54_810.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/2011-10-17_18-42-45_45.jpg

hrdrvr
2011.10.19, 10:04 PM
Here is the store front you guys will be looking for :)

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/2011-10-19_16-37-22_475.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/2011-10-19_16-37-35_162.jpg

PNracing
2011.10.20, 03:11 AM
Very nice, Landon!
Congratulations! can't wait to visit your new store.

mleemor60
2011.10.20, 06:18 AM
Toga's will be acceptable racing attire. However. No food fights.

Daddy Rabbit
2011.10.20, 08:05 AM
Mike,
Is Don planning on coming to the November race, so that the three of us can duke it out?:)

mleemor60
2011.10.20, 08:37 AM
He has talked about it but the distance from the airport is keeping him from the fly in deal like he usually does. There is a Civil field nearby so he might rent something and fly down. God forbid he should drive down. He is also trying to work something out with Taylor.

Send "Ol" jetracer a pm and see where he is.

hrdrvr
2011.10.20, 09:20 AM
Thanks Philip! Maybe we will see you at our regional in 2012. :)

C' mon Don, it's like a 15 minnie ride from the airport, maybe 8 from north myrtle beach.

Ed Roberts
2011.10.20, 09:43 AM
All I can say is AWESOME!!!!!!!

Daddy Rabbit
2011.10.20, 10:38 AM
Ed, don't say it, DRIVE it, hope to see you down here.:D

Daddy Rabbit
2011.10.20, 10:40 AM
Mike, is Don's screen name Ol jetracer or "Ol" jetracer?:confused:

mleemor60
2011.10.20, 11:08 AM
Just plain jetracer. I threw the "Ole" in for color.

hrdrvr
2011.10.20, 09:46 PM
Well guys, I think I am sold on my stock car for the race. I got a lot done today in the store, and towards the end of the night decided I wanted to put my car together. Some how my 911GT3 is still over at CFI, so I put together an F40.....and love it!! The short RM car is so much fun to drive! It's been a long time since Ive driven RM, Gear diffs, or a car without proper rear damping. It was an experience to say the least. By the end of my practice session, I wasn't traction rolling too much, and I think I was turning some decently fast laps. I am sure it's not as challenging as some of the smaller Porsches (934s, or 911GT3s) we've been talking about, but it still 90mm, and still RM. I think it should handle relatively similar to the 911 GT1, so that's what I hope you northerners end up with :D These cars should end up more conducive to the layout, as it'll probably be rather flowy and mod friendly. Anyway, here are some pics of my build.

Started with a chassis kit, and an F40 stolen from a kit my dad only wanted the chassis out of.
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/Members%20rides/Landon/2011-10-20_18-11-21_950.jpg

Converted it to RM, and installed the wheels and tires from the kit.
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/Members%20rides/Landon/2011-10-20_18-42-45_504.jpg

After taking it for a spin, I remembered not liking the combination of MR-03 inboard spring, 20mm wheels, and tall tires. I found some worn down 40Rs in my box, and those were a good fit. It ended up less nimble than I thought it would be, but I got it stable enough to take some of the sweepers pretty fast if I hit them right. It's as quick through the infield as my GT car, but I thought it would end up transitioning quicker. I can make it a lot more nimble, but then I end up on my lid a lot. I don't think I'm going to have a ton of time on the 5th to be learning where I can and can't push, so I'm opting for he safer tie set up.

I added bearings, 40 fronts, and added some comm drops to the motor for an on track break-in :D The car was great after a couple of battery packs of practice! I am ready for one class on the 5th, and can't wait to run this against Chad and my dad with their stock cars tomorrow and Saturday!

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/Members%20rides/Landon/2011-10-20_19-42-38_741.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/Members%20rides/Landon/2011-10-20_19-42-28_221.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/Members%20rides/Landon/2011-10-20_19-42-55_659.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/Members%20rides/Landon/2011-10-20_19-47-26_19.jpg

Ed Roberts
2011.10.20, 10:23 PM
Daddy Rabbit, I'm coming for the race on 5th and will be getting in town late on the 3rd so I can practice all day on the 4th. God knows I need it, not picking up my cars in 2 years.

Guys, I have a very hard technical question for you, how do you take 2 years of dust off your cars? Also, how do you take the bodies off the car, LOL.

HAHAHA

GIHOSU
2011.10.20, 10:45 PM
Leave the dust on for good luck and don't worry about taking the body off, just figure out how to keep it on... :p

kwsmith29
2011.10.20, 10:53 PM
Landon, Joshua and I will be there. Put me down for all three. Josh is a definite on GT1 and a maybe on Can Am.

My younger son and nephew may be coming also. Chris and Dustin. They Will be running GT1 if they make it.

Wade

hrdrvr
2011.10.20, 11:11 PM
Sounds Great Wade! I added you and the crew to the Drivers List. Im glad you and Josh will be out for this. I hope Dustin and Chris make it too! you guys have always shown support for my races, and I would really love to have you all out for this one!

I never got that call from you :D Can't wait to trade some paint! I've been advertising the event hard. We should have a LOT of spectator action going on :D Hope every one is ready for a little extra pressure!

herman
2011.10.21, 06:47 AM
nice car hrdrvr... i was wondering if we could come up with a list on that box stock class enumerating who's running what... :D

Daddy Rabbit
2011.10.21, 10:11 AM
Ed, that's great, I will be there along with a lot of others on the 4th. Hopefully you will get back in the groove and come see us more often.

Daddy Rabbit
2011.10.27, 12:37 PM
OK guys I will be at the store at 7:00 am to open the doors on Saturday morning of the race, so you guys can get some more practice time in.
I look forward to seeing everyone.

kwsmith29
2011.10.27, 02:19 PM
I like my eggs a little runny with toast and bacon.. :-)

Wade

hrdrvr
2011.10.27, 04:17 PM
We are getting a lot of window browsers, so I hope you guys are ready in front of a crowd!

I think the stock class is going to be a lot of fun! I hope Shafiq and EMU are still looking to run RM cars. I think that's going to be a blast. My dad and I were running our stock cars yesterday, and I could hardly pass him. even though I was getting him by a couple of tenths in the clear, I didn't have the power to sneak by unless he made a big mistake. It's a different experience driving a car that you cannot push at all with! If he was a foot off an apex and I was right behind, I was traction rolling if I gagged it and dove in at the same time. There is gonna be some tight racing in that class!!

Oh, and Wade, Daddy Rabbit makes a mean breakfast....just not usually til 9:30-10ish :D

hrdrvr
2011.10.27, 04:32 PM
Look-out!

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/Members%20rides/Landon/2011-10-26_16-27-21_442.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/Members%20rides/Landon/2011-10-26_16-27-07_526.jpg

Stock and GT1. I hope I get some time to race, as my cars are feeling pretty good right about now :D The Pan car is so awesome I can't even put pictures of it up in the public forum :D j/k

EMU
2011.10.27, 05:18 PM
Cars look good Landon. I havent seen mine yet, but we are planning to run RM 90 and will have team cars... If I cant beat you with speed, hopefully I can beat you in numbers :p

I was hoping to get a different type of body for the Can Am class, something from LimmetED, but I cant find anything. The one shop that I saw things in stock in Sweden has not replied to my emails, and I cannot complete the order online for some reason. I think I will have to use the body with your fingerprint on it again...

Daddy Rabbit
2011.10.28, 10:45 AM
Landon,
How about finding those stickers that Serrano says are there in a box and then post my two cars for the race, please.:p
Thank you.;)

hrdrvr
2011.10.28, 10:46 PM
EMU, I got another totip kit in. Maybe I can get Chad to run it, and we can team battle back at ya :D I dunno if he will switch though. His GT3 is killing me out of the corners! I think I need to gear down a bit, but with the front tires I'm running (trying to avoid traction roll), I'm just not as nimble as a 90mm should be, and don't have any kick out of the tight spots. It's going to be fun to see who can keep from over-driving the little cars while under pressure from the big ones :D

Dad, remind me tomorrow to get some pics of your cars. I can upload and post them pretty easily from my phone, so I can do it all at the track.

Drivers List updated again! There are still a few confirmed racers who aren't on the list. It's going to be fun!! Can't wait to see every one!

chad508
2011.10.30, 10:34 PM
the event will be here in 6 days. anyone who is on the fence about coming needs to go ahead and bite the bullet. its going to be a great first event in a great new race facility. there will be some great racing from the veterans to the new comers. hope to see alot of new faces come saturday

Daddy Rabbit
2011.10.31, 11:20 AM
Who's going to be there at 7:00 am Saturday morning?

hrdrvr
2011.10.31, 11:22 AM
Guys, If you've got your LOSI SCT's and Rally cars and have been looking for a track dedicated to them, bring 'em out, bring 'em out! I don't have a lap timer or anything, but the rental course is a blast. It is laid out like a typical SC track, and is totally fun to run on!

mleemor60
2011.10.31, 02:01 PM
How about chair's?

hrdrvr
2011.10.31, 03:38 PM
We've got plenty of chairs! All you need is power strips, and if you want it, extra lighting. I don't have the individual lights on each pit like I did at CFI, but there is quite a bit more overhead lighting here. We've got some seating for spectators as well!

hrdrvr
2011.10.31, 04:50 PM
One Thing I forgot to mention was that the Chick-fil-A in the mall made the generous donation of one free Chick-fil-A sandwich for each entrant (of course this is with the purchase of a soda and fry).

VAzRACER
2011.10.31, 05:11 PM
Who's going to be there at 7:00 am Saturday morning?

I'll be there. I cant make Friday so I need all the practice I can get. :D

mleemor60
2011.10.31, 05:37 PM
One Thing I forgot to mention was that the Chick-fil-A in the mall made the generous donation of one free Chick-fil-A sandwich for each entrant (of course this is with the purchase of a soda and fry).

Great choice.

Daddy Rabbit
2011.11.01, 09:08 AM
That's good Matt, who else will I see there Saturday morning at 7:00am?:)

GIHOSU
2011.11.03, 11:48 AM
We will be on the road after work and see you guys tomorrow for some practice.

hrdrvr
2011.11.03, 02:17 PM
Awesome Shafiq! Drive safe.

Here is a pic of the layout. Ill be vacuuming and placing the lap counter, but this should be what we run on Saturday!

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/2011-11-03_13-32-58_672.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/2011-11-03_13-33-27_817.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/2011-11-03_13-33-15_988.jpg

briankstan
2011.11.03, 03:36 PM
layout looks great, will there be a blind spot on the track in the lower left side (in the front)? with the elevation in front blocking the back of the next lane?

might just be the angle of the picture??

VAzRACER
2011.11.03, 06:07 PM
Layout loogs great, man I cant wait to get down there.

To anyone thats coming down I've been thinking about selling the two F1's that I have. They are fully built with 03 boards and spares/extras. Anyone who is interested come check them out.

I also have a Hakko 936 iron and a Team Checkpoint TC1030 charger.

PM me for any price info.

hrdrvr
2011.11.03, 10:15 PM
Brian, You do lose about a car width at the very corner of that spot if you are short, and standing on the far left. From any where else, there is no blind spot, and for the tall guy, you really can't lose sight of the car. The drivers stand is closer over there, which I think helps eliminate the blind area. The pic is from all the way across the store, so you have a lot better perspective (angle) if you are standing up close to it. I've run inclines like that for the last couple of years now, and no one has ever complained :D

Matt, I know some folks who are interested in your F1s. I'll send a PM for pricing.

geeunit1014
2011.11.03, 11:53 PM

Now I REALLY wish I was making it :( haha. Good luck you guys, the layout looks sick

hrdrvr
2011.11.04, 08:52 AM
Thanks Gee. Wish you could be here too. Good luck at your event this weekend.

Ed Roberts
2011.11.04, 05:35 PM
I hate to say it but I will not make it to this one, work has been hell this week.

hrdrvr
2011.11.04, 11:46 PM
Sorry you are going to miss it Ed.

A lot more people showed up earlier today than I thought. There were a lot of practice laps turned today, and the track seemed to get run in pretty good.

I didn't get to run as much as I would have liked for an event, but that meant I was spending a lot of time getting to chat with my friends from up and down the east coast who came out to support our opening, and to a lot of new people who are interested in getting into our awesome hobby. We also rented quite a few LOSI cars!

The typical guys are fast. Rodney and Wade both got down into the high tens. I didn't see EMU's final lap times, but his pan car was very quick/ I keep feeling like I need more motor, but everything I put in feels too fast, and show flaws in the set up. I barely had enough time to make motor changes (Chad made over half of them for me), so there is no way I could have gotten the set up any better. If I don't get time tomorrow morning (we are starting before the mall opens, so there is hope) I'll put one of the slower motors back in, and just see where staying off the walls gets me :D

My GT car is mildly powered and very dialed. I didn't get to turn a lot of laps with it either, but it felt great! I was able to match pace with Shafiq, early in the day, even though his car had more straight line pull. The 599 has good corner speed for me, and the car over all is very easy to drive. I ended up only .3-.4 seconds off the fastest lap of the day with it, which is good for me :D

We had a couple more last minute cancellations, so the over all event will be a little smaller than we thought it was going to be. We will still have over 20, and we still have a great time!!

blt456
2011.11.05, 12:01 AM
The store looks awesome Landon. Hopefully you will get a lot of exposure since it's in a mall.

Good luck everyone!! I hate to miss the store opening and seeing some friends I made at the worlds. :(

hrdrvr
2011.11.05, 10:10 PM
Hopefully we can get you out here some day Luke!

The event went great! I had a blast. Ran 12 races, called almost all of the mains, rented a bunch of cars and trucks, and still managed to qualify well, and got me one podium.

Ill get more details, pictures, and videos up tomorrow, but here are some of the results for those who can't wait.

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/2011-11-05_21-33-30_16.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/2011-11-05_21-33-15_143.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/2011-11-05_21-32-53_713.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/2011-11-05_21-32-42_229.jpg

mleemor60
2011.11.05, 10:38 PM
I have never seen as many spectators at an event. We need to work to keep this going after such a good start.

Had a great time. Saw a lot of old friends and made a couple of new ones.

Congratulations and good work

chad508
2011.11.06, 09:09 AM
had a blast as always. we had some real clean racing all day. the worst thing was some of the smaller rm cars traction rolling going down the hills. im sure between hrdrvr and emu they will give all the details to the racing. i just wanted to thank all those that attended and to landon and sara for opening such a great facility. with out either racing wouldnt happen. hope to see everyone again soon

d1nzfe
2011.11.06, 09:15 AM
Wow, great turnout for the races... nice:)

Daddy Rabbit
2011.11.06, 11:46 AM
Very nice event S & L.

kwsmith29
2011.11.06, 11:55 PM
As always a great event. Special thanks to Sara and Landon..
Josh and I had a great time..

K Dub

EMU
2011.11.06, 11:55 PM
The event was great. Track facility is top notch. I cant say how much I missed the elevated track since the last race at CSI. I loved the corkscrew section coming off the mid straight onto the floor.

Competition was very stiff as usual. Had lots of fun on and off the track. Cant wait to watch the videos. Sarah did a great job behind the counter and calling races.

I had loads of fun in the box stock class. The porsche GT3R is not the fastest car, but its so fun to drive.

Really looking forward to the next event down there :P

hrdrvr
2011.11.07, 07:44 PM
Had to catch up on rental car maintenance yesterday and today. Had a LOT of damage over the weekend with no time to put towards fixing them.

From my perspective we had a very successful first event! We had a ton of renters who were drawn in by the action on the Z track. We sold a lot of parts to the racers, and we got a few more people who seem seriously interested in getting into small scale RC. One came back Sunday and bought a car, and a couple others came back for demos and some serious questions today. Ive never seen so many spectators, so the mall setting made for a different feel from any other event Ive hosted/attended.

I had a pretty successful day to. Sarah ran the qualifying, and while talking to customers, selling parts to racers, and renting cars, I still managed to qualify in all three A-Mains!

I put my 90RM car into the A for second on the grid in Kyosho Stock! I didn't have anything for Rodney's LM in qualifying, but felt I had the pace, if I could find the luck in the main. I ended up pushing him for only a lap or two before going off line to lose a couple of positions, then plugged a wall to fall to last in the field. I just held steady and slowly climbed the field, only rolling the car once or twice. It is a different ball game driving a short RM, especially while running two well dialed mod cars :D I just found my line and tried my best to stay on it. I ended up clawing back up to 4th before having a great long battle with Terry for the third spot. By that time I got by him Josh had gained ground on us, and was nipping at both of our heels by the middle of the race. For the last segment of the race, they would run me down, then make mistakes. I gained a bit of ground right before the end, but then with only a few minutes to go, my motor started squeaking and losing power. Any ground I made up on them would be lost within just a few laps. When Chad called 30 seconds to go, both of them were right behind me. Terry tried to make a move on Josh, and they both ended up in the wall at the bottom of the first hill. Only one of them got away quickly, but the race ended before he could catch me! I got third, while Rodney and Steve who both ran near flawless races ran away form the rest of us.

I was a little disappointed in my other two mains after having good qualifying runs. In GT1 there were 6 of us within 5 seconds of each other. 2nd in the A qualified with 26/5:00, and 2nd in the B had 26/5:05. I knew it was a tight field, and it was any one's game! I wanted so bad to have a good run, but computer problems had me worried the race wasn't going right, so I bailed and went over to check it out, and call the rest of the race. In Can Am I made the A even while being too busy to run the third qualifier. I made my way up the pack, but while making a move coming onto the straight for second, I got hit in the rear and knocked a Mantis wheel lose. That's the first time that has ever happened to me, but I also think it's the first time I have run them with a lexan body :( Lesson learned.

I just got busy, and need to do some real work. I was really happy to call all of the mains I wasn't racing in. Ill have the results and a little write-up for each one very soon. My goal is to have all of the videos edited, so I can start them uploading tonight, and post them tomorrow.

Oh, and thanks to Jen, I've got some pictures to upload as well. I was so busy I din;t snap the first pic :eek:

lfisminiz
2011.11.07, 10:49 PM
Congrats, Landon! Sounds like all went well and all enjoyed the event. Ed and I talked about opening up a store MANY times:eek: Your doing it. My best wishes to your success. Ill make sure i make it down somewhere along the line.;):)

imxlr8ed
2011.11.08, 10:07 AM
Hopefully the Zs spread like a disease down there now! With a mall shop, I could see it growing like CP Raceway did up in NY years back. Keep those rentals rolling!

You may want to de-tune those things as much as possible, loose ball diffs, 80turn motors, trigger stops, dumbed down steering. Just curious... are you handing out rentals with KT18s?

(Ha! da Zs disease! :rolleyes:... sorry, just proofread my own post)

hrdrvr
2011.11.08, 03:17 PM
Larry, it was awesome! Owning a store is awesome too. It's definitely a dream job, but way harder then it is in dreams :D My wife has been instrumental in making it happen, and making it work. That has been the main reason I've been able to handle it at all. Being in the mall, we are here from 10-9 M-S, and 12-6 Sundays. We have to keep even longer hours for December :eek:

Ed, if you remember we had over 25 people racing back when 843 was open. I think it'll blow up even more than that with our location! At least that is what I am hoping for :D I've done pretty well selling kits. I just hope those people come back to race with us!

As far as the event, I have to thank a lot of people for making it such a success. The people who came and raced are what this is all about, so THANK YOU! The HS group has always been a big supporter of my events, and you cannot begin to imagine how much I appreciate it. It's an even stronger appreciation now that it is the lively hood of my family. Seeing the new faces from the group was awesome! I really enjoyed running/chatting/hanging with you guys. Seeing the kids get involved is totally awesome! I hope we can get that kind of interest from young ones in our area. Micheal, Shelby, Terry, you guys and your families are forever welcome at our place.

The big surprise for me was Josh though. He was racing cleaner than I have ever seen him, and it paid off. He had a strong chance at third in on A-Main, and even managed to finish in front of Wade in that one! :D

I really appreciate the guys coming down all the way from the far north too. You guys probably had the toughest weekend based on travel. It means a lot to me that y'all made the effort still, and I hope it was all worth it. EMU, it's always a pleasure to run with you. I wish I had more time to chat this time, but running on track with you is always fun. Shafiq, you fit right in with our group, and it's cool to have you down. I hope you can make the trip more often, and I also really hope I can get up and race at Cruzin' on your home track with you some time. Alex was a cool quiet guy. He makes a nice addition to your crew. I hope to see him more often, and am happy to see a nice guy get teamed up with two great developers.

Matt and Jen, You guys are like family now :D Y'all are at more races than our local racers/wives, and I hope you know it is truly appreciated.

After the racers, I have to thank my support team. Daddy Rabbit, and Sarah are awesome as family members pushing me to go forward with this store, and to make these events great. They both have been a huge part of me being able to make this event (and store) happen, and I can't thank them enough! Chad has turned into quite the wing man on the computer, and on the track. He has really stepped his racing game up lately, and it's helping to keep me at the top of my game, and to push it further upward. Some how he always seems to figure out way not to step up and perform to his fullest at big events. Well, he stepped up this time! He called a couple of mains, set the PC up for us, and most of all, he ripped up the track getting fourth in GT1, and his first ever podium at a big race by finishing second (on the same lap with EMU) in Can Am! Way to go Chad, and thanks buddy! :D

Another big thank you need to go out to our sponsors. ReflexRacing and PNRacing both gave some nice prizes for this event. They always support us, but I was especially pleased with the package CT sent down from RR. We handed out a bunch of new top plates and diff kits, and every one seemed very happy to take them home in the door prize drawing. J.B R/C gave a very nice paint job on a lexan PN shell for the grand prize. Albert was the lucky one who walked away with it. I think every one thoroughly enjoyed the free sandwiches form Chick-fil-A. Those were a nice bonus on race day :D Fast by Faquish came through with some bushing bearing oil as well. They were late donators, but it was still appreciated. I don;t want to race in stock class against the guys who won that stuff!

Again, my events would be nothing without all of you, so THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

hrdrvr
2011.11.08, 04:28 PM
The first main of the day was Novice stock. Gavin was the pick to win, as he did 21 laps in qualifying with Cade and Oliver following with 18, and Drake with 16. He managed to tangle himself up on the very first lap and Cade jumped into the lead and ran off with it for a little while. He couldn't quite keep it clean enough, and while battling with Oliver Gavin caught up and made short work of them both to reclaim the lead. Oliver and Cade swapped it around until about midway through when Oliver finally got by and made himself a little space. He held onto second until the end, and even got Cade a lap down right at the very end. It was his first ever time running a miniZ with a lap timer, and he is now hooked! :D Gavin, Cade, and Drake also all performed well in their first event away from HS.
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/20111105GrandOpeningEvent/2011-11-05_21-33-30_16-1.jpg

Next up was the K Stock C-Main. Andy ran off with the led at the beginning, but Shafiq plugged away at the lead and chipped it down til he caught up. They traded mistakes and the lead all the way to the final horn where Shafiq rolled it one time too many late in the race to let Andy cinch the victory with only a 2 second lead! Alex and Shelby had a great battle in the middle of the race for the third spot, but once Alex got by, he stretched the lead, while Shelby made a few mistakes trying to push to catch up.
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/20111105GrandOpeningEvent/2011-11-07_18-41-27_125.jpg

In the B-Main Josh and Chad traded the lead for the entire 10 minutes with Mike and Albert pushing up into second for a short time each. The four of them had an epic battle until Chad and Josh got a little gap on them. They battled in two two way show downs until the end where Josh came out the victor with Chad in second, and Albert in third nudging Mike out by almost a lap. Eugene DNF'ed with a power loss early, and Andy rode his own race back in 5th.
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/20111105GrandOpeningEvent/2011-11-07_18-41-06_990.jpg

The stock A-Main was gearing up to be a good one. Rodney was in a class of his own with almost a full lap over me in second, but the next four after me were all within 4-5 seconds. I plugged it twice early on to fall to last place, and just clawed back to get third. Rodney ran off to the races with a fairly easy win with Steve running a pretty uncontested second. Terry and Josh battled to the end which helped to let me keep the third spot. An aggressive move late by Terry put him and Josh in the wall which let me hold the less than two second lead over Josh, and he finished less than 2seconds out of fourth.
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/20111105GrandOpeningEvent/2011-11-07_18-40-52_879.jpg

GT1 was up next, and it was the tightest of all classes in qualifying. Eugene was about 4 seconds ahead of Rodney in second, but the next 5 were less than 5 seconds behind Rodney. The next group of four after that were all within a few seconds of each other as well!

The GT1 C Terry cruised for the win, but Mike and Alex had it out for the second spot, until Mike put him behind, and ran away for second. Alex got his second C podium of the day in front of Shelby.
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/20111105GrandOpeningEvent/2011-11-07_18-42-03_496.jpg

The B-Main was a Chad MiniZ racing clinic. He ran nearly flawless and lead the race form start to finish. Wade also had an awesome run (both with over 50 laps), but just couldn't get Chad to make a mistake. They both cruised for fairly uncontested positions. Behind them there was a four way battle for third though. Josh, Terry, and Albert went at it for the entire race. Shafiq made a surprise comeback, and joined that battle late. He ended up having the cleanest second half of the race to move up from 6th to fourth. Josh had the quickest car, and got himself the third spot on the podium, while Terry finished just a second and a half behind Shafiq with Albert right behind him.
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/20111105GrandOpeningEvent/2011-11-07_18-42-03_496.jpg

The A-Main was the most exciting race of the day for me. Eugene was contested at the beginning, but ended up getting away for the win. Steve made his way up to second and then just would not let it go! Rodney and Matt took turns for the entire second half of the race trying to get by him. They both had more motor than him, but just could not make a pass stick. Matt got by once, but two corners later gave it back. After that Steve did not leave the racing line for the duration of the race. Rodney and Matt traded positions making moves on each other while Chad stayed only a couple of seconds behind them never giving up. Right at the end of the race Rodney lost a wheel nut and had to pull off relinquishing his position to Chad, and his shot at Steve.
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/20111105GrandOpeningEvent/2011-11-07_18-41-40_995.jpg

More coming soon.....

hrdrvr
2011.11.08, 06:04 PM
The Can AM B-Main was a great race. Albert cruised for the win and the bump, but behind him Mike and Josh had a great battle for second and third, while Terry and Andy swapped positions a bunch of times with Terry eventually taking 4th, by mere seconds. Josh edged Mike out for second by less than 2 seconds, while Albert put a couple of laps on the field.
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/20111105GrandOpeningEvent/2011-11-07_18-42-24_921.jpg

The Can Am A was a great race also. I got a wheel knocked lose going after second and DNF'ed early. Chad lead some, and I think every one in the field except Shafiq shared second at some point. It was typical Can AM racing with cars flipping each other, and utter mayhem taking center stage. When the chips fell, EMU grabbed the win with Chad hot on his heels and gaining at the end. Wade, Rodney, Albert, and Shafiq finished on their own laps in that order, but not before many position swaps throughout the field.
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/20111105GrandOpeningEvent/2011-11-07_18-42-15_301.jpg

Videos coming soon! I am uploading videos and pictures as fast as my slow internet will let me!!

hrdrvr
2011.11.09, 09:10 AM
Here is a link to the picture album (http://s671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/20111105GrandOpeningEvent/). Ill get some direct linked when I get to the store this morning.

Also, some of the videos should be uploaded to my youtube page. (freekfornature) I'll work on getting the rest uploaded and posted as soon as I can.

hrdrvr
2011.11.10, 07:03 PM
PICTURES!!

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/20111105GrandOpeningEvent/2011-11-09_12-04-15_640.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/20111105GrandOpeningEvent/DSC_0094.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/20111105GrandOpeningEvent/DSC_0090.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/20111105GrandOpeningEvent/DSC_0064.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/20111105GrandOpeningEvent/DSC_0061.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/20111105GrandOpeningEvent/DSC_0046.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/20111105GrandOpeningEvent/DSC_0051.jpg

hrdrvr
2011.11.10, 07:09 PM
http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/20111105GrandOpeningEvent/DSC_0057.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/20111105GrandOpeningEvent/DSC_0056.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/20111105GrandOpeningEvent/DSC_0055.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/20111105GrandOpeningEvent/DSC_0068.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/20111105GrandOpeningEvent/DSC_0077.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/20111105GrandOpeningEvent/DSC_0060.jpg

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/MBMZR/LETs%20Go%20Racing/20111105GrandOpeningEvent/DSC_0087.jpg

hrdrvr
2011.11.10, 08:24 PM
VIDEOS!!

Novice A-Main (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNWvCMC3m0E)

Kyosho Stock C-Main (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vP_VHXAz-I)

Kyosho Stock B-Main (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFZLY8Rg8H0)

Kyosho Stock A-Main (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwc4ZIKgQjk)

GT1 C-Main (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xea8lBLPd-0)

GT1 B-Main (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9hdRA-oQF0)

GT1 A-Main (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=et8KRXxCFtw)

Can Am B-Main (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq6C3Enq6Fg)

Can Am A-Main (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQBJusMf4ms)