PDA

View Full Version : HFAY New Website Announcement.

briankstan
2011.09.27, 12:35 PM
As most of you are aware the HFAY site got attacked and had to be taken down due to some security issues in the software that was being used. With my limited knowledge of creating a website I simply didn’t have the know how to create what we desperately needed. I new system that would automate some of the processes.

Jeremy at Flipside Hobbies contacted me and wanted to help. (most of you are familiar with his Flipside timing software). He set out on developing a new site, and we are in the testing faze right now. We will planning on going live with it no later than the beginning of Season 13.

Here is what you need to know for now.

The System will allow the Club Judges to log into the site and directly upload their clubs results. This means no more emailing times to me. Clubs will be responsible for entering in their own times. This can be accomplished by uploading the files that would have been sent to me. (files quickly created via Flipside Timing software as well).

Once all times are uploaded by the clubs. I can start the processing of the times and results and standing will be generated automatically and posted instantly. No more waiting.

Initially we are setting up the site to deal with the point series races and will add other features like the Big Track Events and Time Trials. This also opens the door to creating other series in the future without adding additional processing time. (possibly D'nano, or a larger track point series).

I might be asking a few more people to join in on the testing before we go live, or if your a judge and you would like to help let me know.

I specifically want to thank Jeremy for his work on this project. He is a great asset to the Mini-Z community and generally great person. He deserves the thanks of everyone participating in HFAY.

Stay tuned. :)

imxlr8ed
2011.09.27, 04:27 PM
Self-Service HFAY... awesome!

Great to hear, and a huge thanks to the both of you!

Now if I can only convince my locals to actually show up and race... :rolleyes:

ScoobyPete
2011.09.29, 02:03 PM
Great work guys :)
Sounds like a system we used to use called battle stats for X wing v tie clan matches.

WLMR will be happy to help with the testing.

mbls
2011.09.29, 02:39 PM
Sounds good Brian,count mbl racers aswell for testing
Can you check and see if you have me down as a judge for our club
Mbl micro rc racers many thanks

briankstan
2011.09.29, 03:15 PM
Great work guys :)
Sounds like a system we used to use called battle stats for X wing v tie clan matches.

WLMR will be happy to help with the testing.

Sounds good Brian,count mbl racers aswell for testing
Can you check and see if you have me down as a judge for our club
Mbl micro rc racers many thanks

can you guys PM me your email info and I'll send you the information that you need to get started. Feedback on the site and function would be greatly appreciated.

Mainly what we need tested is the upload functions, edit function from the club admin side. I've created a tutorial that I'll send you as well that will explain the entire process.

you'll want to put together some times that you can upload. they don't have to be real times, but I'd like to have them tested completely so include some 16 and under, and female driver times in them. Also make some obvious errors in them so you can see how the system will alert you to the errors. The tutorial will walk you though the steps.

thanks.

pinwc4
2011.09.29, 07:23 PM
Excellent, fresh victi.... testers.

Now everyone knows why I have not been working on my other software projects lately as much. I am excited that soon there will be a truly web managed online point series for us. This has been a fun project to do.

For those that do try out the new site please keep in mind Brian and I have been putting in random data, deleting things and breaking things. So if you look at some of the existing data it may be missing things like a club name etc or maybe the race does not say the direction it runs. The existing data we tested with is not a concern. None of what is on the test site will be part of the real site, I will do a clean install and we will start over fresh (though we may copy a few things but no race data) once it is decided that we are ready to proceed. It is playground to verify functionality.

With your testing we will be interested in whether the process works for you and operates correctly for anything new you do or put in the site.

Brian, as a reminder if you do have other clubs test you may need to delete the club from the site since I preregistered some clubs so we could test.

briankstan
2011.12.07, 01:58 PM
for those of you that are participating or have in the past it would be very beneficial for us if you can register your club on the new website. the will help us in getting the old data uploaded with minimal additional work.

www.howfastareyou.com

thanks.

MXMRCR
2011.12.08, 08:02 AM
just registered MertonMini-Z :D

briankstan
2011.12.08, 09:43 AM
Several club have registered. I just wanted to mention that if you have a club logo go add it as well, this will be used and displayed in the clubs section when you register for a season of the point series. you can add the logos later if you get one done.

arch2b
2012.07.15, 06:18 PM
how do you indicate under 16 driver in the formatting for upload submission?

pinwc4
2012.07.15, 07:24 PM
how do you indicate under 16 driver in the formatting for upload submission?

The racers name needs to start with **

If you have already uploaded results for that racer you can rename them by going to the Club admin->edit racers menu.