PDA

View Full Version : Is camber necessary?

Bung-drew
2011.10.02, 06:44 AM
My MR-02 EX has been handling pretty great now, thanks to the damper system and a pair of atomic silver soft springs,nice and wide steering radius on full throttle, sharp turns off throttle,no oversteer or understeer,neutral overall feel...

The only thing that bothers me is my spanking new 20 slick fronts have started to cone on the outside real quick,however handling wasn't affected at all amazingly so suddenly camber comes to mind...is it a must to add camber? I wouldn't mind pimping the front part of my chassis at my rear is quite heavily hopped up already.

LED
2011.10.02, 10:10 AM
Well if your tires are wearing uneven yes you should add camber.
Is it a must? No.
I feel that like you said the wires will wear like a cone and creating their own camber. So the tires isnt waisted at all. If you use slicks you will not feel much difference between the tire. Maybe with new tires when they havent got the cone yet.

Bung-drew
2011.10.02, 10:50 AM
alright than how much camber should i add? i had my eye on the PN racing orange alloy 0.5 deg camber knuckles,prob is atomic collectives(my local mini Z shop) pretty costly,and unfortunately thats the only alloy one they sell,the rest are plastic black cambered 0.5 to 2 deg knuckles...

unearthed name
2011.10.02, 11:10 AM
if only you get a mr-03 than you can buy reflex racing adjustable front arms. they can adjust your camber into 0,1,2,3 degree.

EMU
2011.10.02, 12:38 PM
I think 1.5-2mm is good for the MR02. In general, the higher speed the track and corners are, the more camber you want.

LED
2011.10.02, 03:30 PM
I would look into the 3racing blue plastic knuckles.
It's a set of 3 knuckles with different degrees. They also are ALOT smoother and stronger then the original plastics. And also much cheaper.
I have used them for about 2 years now on my MR02. Still the same pair.
Its the nr MZII-009
http://os.3racing.hk/picture.php?image=MZII009.jpg&max_width=280&max_height=210

soimthatguy
2011.10.19, 08:59 PM
im currently using PN 2.0 deg knuckles and they improve overall handling by so much, thats until i get my AA arms

Skv012a
2011.12.12, 07:46 PM
I would look into the 3racing blue plastic knuckles.
It's a set of 3 knuckles with different degrees. They also are ALOT smoother and stronger then the original plastics. And also much cheaper.
I have used them for about 2 years now on my MR02. Still the same pair.
Its the nr MZII-009
http://os.3racing.hk/picture.php?image=MZII009.jpg&max_width=280&max_height=210

I'd get these to figure out what you need the most, and then get aluminum. I tried Atomic plastic ones and they went 1st half a lap, haha, but at least I managed to figure what degrees i needed.