PDA

View Full Version : Twitchy steering response using KT-18

Bung-drew
2011.10.13, 08:03 AM
Hey guys was wondering anyone has this minor prob:when i slightly turn the knob left/right,my car's wheels twitch left to right repeatedly unless i turn the knob on my KT-18 even more;than it turns whenever i turn the knob to. Anyway to fix this issue? Or should i just get a better transmitter...

ChiMiniRc
2011.10.13, 01:37 PM
Hey guys was wondering anyone has this minor prob:when i slightly turn the knob left/right,my car's wheels twitch left to right repeatedly unless i turn the knob on my KT-18 even more;than it turns whenever i turn the knob to. Anyway to fix this issue? Or should i just get a better transmitter...

Start with a reset first. Similar to binding, hold DOWN on the throttle trim while powering on the radio. After a few seconds it'll reset. At that point I'd turn it off and rebind with the car.

Bung-drew
2011.10.15, 11:44 AM
Ok, I was encouraged to get my cars potentiometer replaced,and hell, soldering the new potentiometer was a painstaking process(the wires are so smaaaaaaalllll!!!!)when it was finally done, I installed the batteries on it....the board won't start.(wtf?) now I'm on the verge of giving up and taking the more expensive route of getting my mini z sent to kyosho to repair the electronics...anyone can give out some tips?:(

cowboysir
2011.10.15, 08:04 PM
when you say it wont start do you mean there's no steering or no power at all?

How do the power leads look? (frayed, loose, etc)?
Did you remove the board and then reinstall the power leads on the wrong side?

You shouldn't have a complete shut down from redoing a pot so I'd say something is stopping power getting to the board....

Bung-drew
2011.10.16, 03:59 AM
No power...the car won't power up at all...:( anyway the drivers at atomic collectives say there's no choice but to have some one better suited for fixing it which mean I will have to wait for 1-2 weeks just to get it repaired...oh well no mini z-ing for the time being...:(

reaper
2011.10.16, 06:53 AM
if you post some photos we can probably tell you the problem