PDA

View Full Version : MA-010 servo jitters, not centering

WhiteCharisma
2011.10.13, 07:01 PM
I think this might have been brought up before, but when I was reading into other problems, it seems like it was more of problems where turning one direction faster than the other.

I have a slightly different problem that I talked to some people about but I still haven't found a solution to it yet.

My MA-010 was used with upgrades when I bought it. It works great, but since I drift it a lot, I need it to track in a straight line and not curve into different directions. I noticed when I pick up the car and go full throttle, the servo likes to "shake" back and forth. The tie rod isn't loose or anything, but it moves back and forth with throttle and moves less when there is no throttle. It doesn't stay centered, and the steering likes to go left and right ever so slightly. It doesn't bother me when I go around corners but when I straighten out and I want to go in a straight line it likes to go left or right a little instead and no matter how much I trim the controller "center" it always changes.

I think that this is a known problem with the MA-010 but I was wondering if anyone has found a solution for it. I'm not using 2.4 ghz, it's AM I think? I haven't opened it up yet because I don't really know how but I think I will slowly take it apart soon to see what is wrong. I'm more of an xmods kind of guy moving to the MA-010 now.

Think there's anything I can do before I have to buy a part to replace anything?

EMU
2011.10.13, 07:24 PM
My first suggestion would be to clean the servo and servo pot.

rodolfosolis
2012.11.01, 11:11 PM
My first suggestion would be to clean the servo and servo pot.

I tried to do that, but it did not work, at least for me.

reaper
2012.11.02, 02:54 PM
Hey there buddy :-)
My awd used to do that , i used a pin to add a tiny bit of superglue onto the pot where it connects to the gear this takes up any play there
Then i put some thin greese on the other gears , this helps take up any play on worn gears