PDA

View Full Version : are there nice aluminum rims in 1.5N & 0W?

Tinytacohead
2011.10.19, 01:06 AM
As the title states.. I'm looking for nice looking, aluminum wheels in a 0W & 1.5N. I absolutely love the below linked Team Atlas rims, but different pages and charts on EGR seem to conflict with what diminsion sets the designs are available in. :confused:

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/miniz-wheel-awd-n30mm-sp-gu-p-2436.html?zenid=af4a9ad7db59e5af7fd0a1a7192dad0e
http://www.egrracing.com/shop/awd-alu-rim-narrow-20-degree-metal-gray-p-2786.html?zenid=af4a9ad7db59e5af7fd0a1a7192dad0e

0W & 1.5N diminsions fit the R32 Skyline perfectly.. I dunno why manufacturers think they should just make narrow's for the AWD, heh. Also, could anybody show me the mounting differences between AWD and MR-02 rear rims? Don't suppose I've seen a RWD wheel, up close..

thestug
2011.10.19, 02:01 AM
As the title states.. I'm looking for nice looking, aluminum wheels in a 0W & 1.5N. I absolutely love the below linked Team Atlas rims, but different pages and charts on EGR seem to conflict with what diminsion sets the designs are available in. :confused:

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/miniz-wheel-awd-n30mm-sp-gu-p-2436.html?zenid=af4a9ad7db59e5af7fd0a1a7192dad0e
http://www.egrracing.com/shop/awd-alu-rim-narrow-20-degree-metal-gray-p-2786.html?zenid=af4a9ad7db59e5af7fd0a1a7192dad0e

0W & 1.5N diminsions fit the R32 Skyline perfectly.. I dunno why manufacturers think they should just make narrow's for the AWD, heh. Also, could anybody show me the mounting differences between AWD and MR-02 rear rims? Don't suppose I've seen a RWD wheel, up close..

3racing sells nice aluminum rims in pretty much every offset. They are 5 spoke style though. They are also reasonably priced. About $6
per pair. I included a picture of what they look like.

Tinytacohead
2011.10.19, 02:13 AM
3racing sells nice aluminum rims in pretty much every offset. They are 5 spoke style though. They are also reasonably priced. About $6
per pair. I included a picture of what they look like.

Those are/were actually the first type I set out to purchase.. it seems nearly nobody stocks more than a couple sizes though, and of course, not in the combinations I need. That said, I did recently run into a site that allegedly has all sizes available and was getting ready to contact them to make sure the "rear" designation meant wide - thanks for answering that for me! I dunno if I'd still do it, but originally I planned to paint the spokes white while leaving the lip area silver, as this would closely mimic the design & aesthetics of the real Calsonic R32. :) I'm still interested in the Team Atlas rims though..

thestug
2011.10.19, 02:16 AM
Those are/were actually the first type I set out to purchase.. it seems nearly nobody stocks more than a couple sizes though, and of course, not in the combinations I need. That said, I did recently run into a site that allegedly has all sizes available and was getting ready to contact them to make sure the "rear" designation meant wide - thanks for answering that for me! I dunno if I'd still do it, but originally I planned to paint the spokes white while leaving the lip area silver, as this would closely mimic the design & aesthetics of the real Calsonic R32. :) I'm still interested in the Team Atlas rims though..

I'm very happy with my 3racing rims. Rear usually means wide. I actually bought mine from reflex racing. They didn't have all the rims in stock, but they back ordered them for me. It took about 2 weeks to receive the back ordered rims. Quickly IMO.

Tinytacohead
2011.10.19, 02:47 AM
...Rear usually means wide. I actually bought mine from reflex racing. They didn't have all the rims in stock, but they back ordered them for me. It took about 2 weeks to receive the back ordered rims. Quickly IMO.

Yeah, I just wanted to check, since I've never seen an actual width designation on any page. 3R's actually got 0W marked out of stock currently & haven't yet returned my inquiry. The site I mentioned finding all offsets on was HKS, though I may see if Jay from TheToyz can get them in, as he's who I seem to end up buying all my Mini stuff from & tends to both stock & ship items out verry fast. It's too bad they're not available in some different finishes/colors, tho they still look awesome.

njd13
2011.10.19, 07:40 AM
Also, try reflex racing. That is where I got my 3racing wheels. You also can go to kenon hobby for PN aluminum wheels.

thestug
2011.10.19, 10:16 AM
Also, try reflex racing. That is where I got my 3racing wheels. You also can go to kenon hobby for PN aluminum wheels.

I forgot about PN racing. They make aluminum rims, but they are expensive.

Tinytacohead
2011.11.17, 04:41 PM
Just posted this in the AWD images thread but figured I'd put it here too, since yall helped me come to the decision of buying the pictured rims. :) (they're 1W/2N)

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g302/jimbob_01/My%20RC%20Stuff/Mini-Z1.jpg

I also just ordered a set of 3R's, (found a vendor on Ebay with many dimensions in-stock), and would still like to get some Team Atlas's. If anybody can point me to a vendor of them who sells more than a couple dimensions, it'd be greatly appreciated. According to their site they seem to produce wheels in a plethora of combinations, though I can't seem to find what I want, for sale, in more than a couple unusable ones. I tried sending them a message by way of their contact page/function (http://www.miwahobby.co.jp/eindex.html), but when I hit send I just get an error message/it doesn't go. :( Does anybody know if they're still in business?

xmodcanuck
2011.11.19, 03:58 PM
If only I saw this sooner. These are the exact offset for R32 and are the BEST looking wheels ever made. Period. TE37's are clearly my personal favourite by a LONG shot.

http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=21390

That particular color is more expensive though. If you search the shop for TE37 they also some in silver and bronze, which are cheaper.

edit - My R32 ASC says the correct offsets are 1.5N F+R. 1.5N R is equal to -1W R but you can fit 0W to .5W easily.

Tinytacohead
2011.11.20, 07:40 PM
...These are the exact offset for R32 and are the BEST looking wheels ever made. Period. TE37's are clearly my personal favourite by a LONG shot.

http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=21390 ...

Cool, but are all 4 narrow? That's what I deduce from the description and I don't seem to see the black & silver available in separate pairs. After getting my pictured 2N's I disagree that 1.5 is perfect up front, though I suppose I could compromise/go back to a 1.5.

Also, I'm now a bit confused/not sure if I went the right direction with the .5W 3Racing rims I just ordered.. I've got 1W out back now, which is just a taad too wide for my body, (in stock, untrimmed form). Will .5's make the back wider or narrower by .5? :o

cowboysir
2011.11.20, 08:18 PM
They would be narrower than 1W.

some racers do use 4 narrow rims to good effect.

Tinytacohead
2011.11.20, 08:43 PM
They would be narrower than 1W.

some racers do use 4 narrow rims to good effect.

Ahh cool, got worried there for a second, lol.

Also, I realize some guys do well with narrows all around.. it's not what I'm looking for atm though.

xmodcanuck
2011.11.23, 01:27 AM
Cool, but are all 4 narrow? That's what I deduce from the description and I don't seem to see the black & silver available in separate pairs. After getting my pictured 2N's I disagree that 1.5 is perfect up front, though I suppose I could compromise/go back to a 1.5.

Also, I'm now a bit confused/not sure if I went the right direction with the .5W 3Racing rims I just ordered.. I've got 1W out back now, which is just a taad too wide for my body, (in stock, untrimmed form). Will .5's make the back wider or narrower by .5? :o

No, that set is not 4 narrow. It is a set of 2 narrow and 2 wide. (Narrow Offset 1.5mmx2BK Wide Offset -0.8mm x 2BK)

And I didn't say +1.5N was perfect up front, I was merely stating what was recommended on the Kyosho ASC paperwork. Many bodies can fit wider offset rims than Kyosho recommended/stock. My favourite race body is a 360GTC which is 1N/1W and I run it with 1N/2.5W.

If you changed from +1W in the rear to +0.5W, your rear track width would be narrower. (0.5mm each side, 1mm total)

Tinytacohead
2011.11.23, 02:02 AM
...And I didn't say +1.5N was perfect up front, I was merely stating what was recommended on the Kyosho ASC paperwork...

Gotcha. Somehow I missed your edit/reference of the ASC guide. (until just now) I suppose they go conservative to account for body's that don't mount quiite squarely etc. Would like to see those rims on an R32, though atm they're probably a tad too expensive anywho.

I wound up ordering the 3Racing rims as well as some slightly meatier, radial tires, (similar to the ones that come on the Ferrari 512), as I feel they'll look a little more realistic. Once I see how the ordered offsets fit I think I'm gonna snag one of the Team Atlas designs, as well as a dummy brake rotor set. Will post pics as the different stuff arrives. :)