PDA

View Full Version : mr 02 2.4 ex cutting out

saddad
2011.10.23, 01:31 PM
one of our members has just upgraded to a 2.4 ex chassis which cuts out mid race (resets if he turns the car off/on)
we thought it was batteries but we checked they were charged before each run (orion sho 750) he has a pn 70t motor stock diff 9t pinion
we run 3 min heats & 4 min finals about 10-15 min between each heat the cut out comes mid race but not every race any thoughts welcome (ran 2 heats today stopped in final then ran 1 heat cut in second heat ran ok in final)

NoBrainer
2011.10.23, 01:34 PM
two of us had that when running chargable batteries.
Switched to alkaline and problem solved for us.

Had the same when alkaline batteries where almost worn out.

Try it and see if it helps

Bodom
2011.10.23, 03:37 PM
one of our members has just upgraded to a 2.4 ex chassis which cuts out mid race (resets if he turns the car off/on)
we thought it was batteries but we checked they were charged before each run (orion sho 750) he has a pn 70t motor stock diff 9t pinion
we run 3 min heats & 4 min finals about 10-15 min between each heat the cut out comes mid race but not every race any thoughts welcome (ran 2 heats today stopped in final then ran 1 heat cut in second heat ran ok in final)

Have you checked the batterie's voltage after a cut-off (each cell)?
A friend of mine has 02EX and it cuts-off on low voltage! Every time.
After reset - the car is able to run a few more laps (2-3) and cuts-off again. When checked the batteries show 1.25V - 1.3V per cell. A 03 board can run a little bit more on the same pair of batteries, but the 02EX doesn't.
It could be a defective cell..

LED
2011.10.24, 01:01 AM
Probably you coverd this, but...
If he is running a KT18, change the batteries :)
We had a guy to complaining for weeks hes car cutss off sometimes. Turned out to be the transmitter batteries.

herman
2011.10.24, 02:39 AM
hmm... dunno if this would help... i remember reading this... take off the square-ish thingy on the motor... some guys did this and it didn't cut out...

EMU
2011.10.24, 02:51 AM
We have paired an EX with a Eurus, and the cars still cut out. Even with relatively charged cells. Kyosho may have cut too many corners with this board like the i-series AM board to bring down the entry price. I dont know if they will admit there is a flaw in the board, but I have seen them shut off a bunch of times, and it makes me feel bad. If this is what new people in the hobby/scale that buy the EX car to save cost to enter the hobby have to deal with, they wont be around long. And if they replace the board, then they would have been better off with an MR03 since it would cost the same.

Perhaps there may be ICS adjustments that can help, but without buying one myself, I really cant test why they are shutting down. I dont think its static build up, or low voltage... maybe thermal? But they shouldnt be getting that hot with the box stock motor. If it were the square fuse on the motor, a quick off/on reset would not allow the motor to work.

saddad
2011.10.30, 11:44 AM
thanks to all for your suggestion he ran 1100 maha batteries today with no problems (2 3min heats 8 min final then 2 3min heats & 4 min final) no lose of perormance

machgo5go
2011.10.30, 12:47 PM
hmm... dunno if this would help... i remember reading this... take off the square-ish thingy on the motor... some guys did this and it didn't cut out...Desolder off the thermo cut off capacitor on the kyosho stock motor and resolder the black leads to the motor.