PDA

View Full Version : Would a Micro-T pcb work?

deloreanaka8
2011.10.23, 06:17 PM
Hi guys.
I'm in the process of making a custom chassis out of a few mixed parts.
Unfortunatly I don't have a spare mini-z pcb and servo pieces for this so I'm considering getting a Losi Micro-T pcb to use a 130 motor like the Mini-Z or something a bit bigger like a 180 motor.
For steeringI was thinking of using a Hitec HS-45HB servo connected to the Micro-T pcb.

Does anyone know if it's possible to use the Micro-T pcb this way?

Thanks in advance.

EMU
2011.10.23, 09:55 PM
While it is possible, the resolution is not as good as the Z board. If its just to get the chassis moving at low cost, then sure... but to be really competitive, then the Z board or SR3500 with a micro ESC would be best.

deloreanaka8
2011.10.24, 03:05 PM
Thank you, EMU.
That's exactly my idea, it's only to move it for a low cost. :)
The project is called Royal Drifter, I think I put the start of it in this forum if I'm not mistaken... but if I didn't, I'll put it sooner or later. :p
One last question, does the Micro-T pcb handles more than 4.8v? :D

color01
2011.10.24, 04:29 PM
Micro-T can do 7.2V actually, which makes the steering response pretty snappy. :) I have not tried it at higher voltages than that.

Spektrum or KO receivers have the smallest footprint/PCB size I believe and so you'd have the best chance fitting those, plus a micro ESC (Tekin B1-R?) under the chassis cover of an MR02. The steering response is a tad faster than the ASF MR02 (still not as fast as the MR03) but you get a lot of power from the dedicated ESC.

thestug
2011.10.24, 05:50 PM
Micro-T can do 7.2V actually, which makes the steering response pretty snappy. :) I have not tried it at higher voltages than that.

Spektrum or KO receivers have the smallest footprint/PCB size I believe and so you'd have the best chance fitting those, plus a micro ESC (Tekin B1-R?) under the chassis cover of an MR02. The steering response is a tad faster than the ASF MR02 (still not as fast as the MR03) but you get a lot of power from the dedicated ESC.

I have run the micro-t at 7.4v ,but it killed my servo motor. At least that what I think killed it. Perhaps it went bad, but it can definitely handle more than 4.8v.

deloreanaka8
2011.10.24, 11:46 PM
Thanks, guys.
I asked about the voltage because I got a few 1/2 AA cells I want to use and I was wondering if I could do a stick pack of 6 cells for it. :p
The result will be nice, I hope. :)