PDA

View Full Version : Mini Z buggy...first glances

Bung-drew
2011.10.29, 10:06 AM
I was at atomic collectives the other day and found out they finally had the mini Z buggy in stock!:eek: The RTR version with transmitter/chassis was a hefty 379 SGD...hopefully they could bring in the chassis version later on.

Some first glances at it stock at first notice:

The spiky tires lacked grip on flat smooth concrete/rcp,speed wise its not pretty fast either;a brushless micro losi or a losi micro on lipo could easily blow this in terms of speed.

Oh well,may as wait for kyosho to come up with the lazer or a X speed motor for it.:D

ZBest
2011.10.29, 10:57 AM
How are the shocks when landing over a jump? Does it bounce or come down smooth. I am waiting for the Lazer. Not interested in the spiky tires or the look of the Optima, but hope they don't bounce around like the Overlands or Monsters.

Bung-drew
2011.10.29, 11:43 AM
The oil shocks handled fine,the buggy was smooth enough to run on rcp without being too bouncy the guys constructed a mini ramp out of rcp foam tiles which the buggy cleared without a bouce,tends to land on 4 wheels most of the time...the ramp's a bit on the gentle side though so i cant say how will it perform on a ramp with a higher elevation.

mdowney
2011.10.31, 03:04 PM
I've driven the Optima (stock) on a carpet track and the spiked tires had plenty of grip. The buggy jumped surprisingly well and landed smoothly each time. I didn't think motor power was a problem but you can easily drop in a faster motor and re-gear it. I ordered two and should be getting them by Wednesday.

kryten
2011.10.31, 08:37 PM
I found the tyres to have plenty grip on kyosho circuit 30. I also thought they jumped very well,i have added a preload clip all round since the video was shot,and it jumps even better now.
I've also fitted an AWD x-speed too and it has improved the speed,especially with 750 SHO's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPTPFkLBNNA

ZBest
2011.10.31, 08:53 PM
I found the tyres to have plenty grip on kyosho circuit 30. I also thought they jumped very well,i have added a preload clip all round since the video was shot,and it jumps even better now.
I've also fitted an AWD x-speed too and it has improved the speed,especially with 750 SHO's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPTPFkLBNNA

WOW, that handles great. Is that the smooth or gripy side of rcp?

kryten
2011.10.31, 10:39 PM
Thats on the grippy side. :)

herman
2011.11.01, 10:56 PM
pretty cool video... looks like the buggy is quite nimble around a really tight track... :D
so all you added is the awd x-speed?

kryten
2011.11.02, 07:09 AM
That video above is bone stock using 750 SHO batteries,i have fitted the x-speed since then. Tho for circuit 30 racing(mini96) we are going back to stock motors.