PDA

View Full Version : Newb

Simmo
2011.11.02, 11:48 PM
Hey all,

I'm looking at buying a RTR mini-z and was wondering what the best chassis to buy would be? I'd be mainly running the Z on smooth concrete surfaces a
Nd obviously don't want out dated technology. Can someone please lead me in the right direction! I was look inf at the AE86 AWD drift and if I got sick of drifting, just throw on some racing tires.

Thanx, Simmo

thestug
2011.11.03, 02:04 PM
Hey all,

I'm looking at buying a RTR mini-z and was wondering what the best chassis to buy would be? I'd be mainly running the Z on smooth concrete surfaces a
Nd obviously don't want out dated technology. Can someone please lead me in the right direction! I was look inf at the AE86 AWD drift and if I got sick of drifting, just throw on some racing tires.

Thanx, Simmo

Welcome to the forums, Simmo! If you are not racing on RCP tracks then I would get the AWD chassis and a kt-18 transmitter. The chassis sets don't come with a transmitter so you will need to buy a compatible one. I love my AWD for drifting on smooth hard floors and low pile carpet. If you do get bored of drifting just change the tires for grip. I love my AWD.

Simmo
2011.11.04, 03:49 AM
cool thank you. I just bought a Toyota AE86 AWD dirft Z off eBay. it's a MA-010 chassis... is this the one i should be looking at?

thestug
2011.11.04, 02:35 PM
cool thank you. I just bought a Toyota AE86 AWD dirft Z off eBay. it's a MA-010 chassis... is this the one i should be looking at?

Yes, but you will need a transmitter to run it if you do not have one that is compatible with mini-z's. If you are looking for a cheap one the KT-18 is the entry level transmitter. I use a EX-5UR. The EX-5UR is more expensive, but is far better. If you are just drifting either of these would do because they are relatively low cost.

mini-z
2011.11.06, 06:00 PM
FYI Simmo we're having a sale on the Limited Edition Perfex KT-18 ASF Transmitters in the Shop right now! :) Add a couple of sets of grip tires and you s/b able to get over $100 for free shipping. ;) Thanks in advance for supporting the forums! :)

Simmo
2011.11.11, 06:26 AM
hey, thanx guys.

well i received my ma-010 in the mail and because i bought it "ready-set" it came with a perfex kt-5 transmitter. im looking at lightly modifying it as time goes buy. what type of "grip" tyres should i be looking at (just for general use on smooth concrete & tiles)? What type of motor should i be aiming towards to give it extra punch? also what gear/ pinion set-ups are recommended for casual racing? (just leave the gears as is?).

cheers, Simmo