PDA

View Full Version : MR-03 vs MR-02

Bung-drew
2011.11.05, 01:02 PM
Finally after a few months of driving with my modified MR-02ex I feel I'm ready to experience the handling of the MR-03...I would want to ask around how much much better is the MR-03 compared to the older MR-02 in terms of steering input feel and sensitivity.

LED
2011.11.05, 06:48 PM
To me, not.
I still drive my MR02. I have had an MR03 for about 6 months now. I still haven't got it to drive like I want it to.
Only thing so far I like better about the mr03 is the weight. It is alot less then the MR02 and for the stock motor that does make a difference.

color01
2011.11.05, 09:00 PM
To me, the main difference between the two is the MR03's incredible servo. It's so precise, and it helps a lot in maintaining a tight racing line and improving consistency. If not for that, the two chassis actually have very similar handling characteristics and no one car has a clear advantage on all tracks. The 03 is a little more agile but less stable, so you should consider your local racing/driving conditions before deciding to buy one.

Bung-drew
2011.11.06, 05:01 AM
One thing I liked about the 03 is the variable camber suspension system, I feel my 02 is still unable to keep up with the heavily modified MR-03s unless I fit my 02 with the expensive a-arm suspension,no matter how much I try to set up my car to increase its cornering I still can't make it as agile as theirs.

d1nzfe
2011.11.06, 05:08 AM
FYI for forumers here, he cannot even keep up with STOCK 02EX.:mad:
Advice is always on track times.
And i believe these two chassis comparison has been much discussed before.

Close this thread if you would.

Bung-drew
2011.11.06, 06:15 AM
FYI for forumers here, he cannot even keep up with STOCK 02EX.:mad:
Advice is always on track times.
And i believe these two chassis comparison has been much discussed before.

Close this thread if you would.

O.o I can keep up with an MR-02 no problem,I'm one of the very few drivers in my local club to run an 02,most of the drivers drive an 03...I did not mean that I could keep up in terms of speed, I just want it to have the steering precision I want.

mini-z
2011.11.06, 06:53 PM
I love the agility of the MR-03 chassis - on a sub-10 second track, for me at least, it's worth at least a couple of tenths minimum. More on a complex layout. I am a very precise driver (sometimes to a fault! :o) so this may not be the case for everyone, but I could never go back to an 02 as my main competitive car. I have an 02 for my LM, which is a big-feeling chassis, and it's fine for that, but at our track at least, an 03 is required in order to be competitive! :)