PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Annual Garden State Shoot Out!!

ruf993
2011.11.08, 08:26 PM
Yes It's our 3rd year doing the GSSO.. wow:cool:

I'm requesting Admins of the MiniZ Racer calendar to book Dec 17 2011 for this event.

If all goes well this should be another GSSO to remember!!

Here are the classes (rules will follow soon)

GT Mod
2wd 70T (Spec)hand out motor
F1 Open
Narrow 90mm Box stock (Spec)

First Class $25, $5 each after.

WHo is in!;)

lfisminiz
2011.11.08, 09:12 PM
Should be good for me!:)

Might want to put this under events thread too?;)

mleemor60
2011.11.09, 06:16 AM
Done. As requested.

Slubben
2011.11.09, 07:39 AM
Should be good for me!:)

Might want to put this under events thread too?;)

Count me in. This has always been a great event at MHS!

arch2b
2011.11.09, 07:57 AM
please be sure to contact mleemor60 with event information. he can get you squared away on 'event' subforum posting, the events calendar and we have event advertising programs which it seems is not well known and underutilized. we have tools setup to help promote, just need to take advantage of them:p.

SaiTam
2011.11.09, 08:31 AM
Will the race run on Rough side RCP or smooth side RCP?

machgo5go
2011.11.09, 11:31 AM
Will the race run on Rough side RCP or smooth side RCP?Come by on Friday and you will find out. You will like it.;)

SaiTam
2011.11.09, 12:37 PM
What is it? Smooth side RCP on the straights + Rough side RCP on the corners + custom fuzzy carpet rails?

Seriously, I'd like to know which side of RCP that GSS will use.

ruf993
2011.11.09, 06:19 PM
What is it? Smooth side RCP on the straights + Rough side RCP on the corners + custom fuzzy carpet rails?

Normal RCP type racing surface...;)

vfbj1584
2011.11.09, 06:25 PM

lmfao sai! maybe we will try that for the 4th annual gsso? :D

themelis factor
2011.11.12, 07:53 PM

Sai why do you ask questions like this?? With your expertise you shouldn't have any problems on either side of the RCP!!!! It will be the rough side just let me know what classes your running so I know not to race those.:p
I hope you will attend after your performance in the PN regionals;);) Im looking foward to battle with you on the track.

SaiTam
2011.11.13, 12:57 AM
I have different setups and parts needs for smooth or rough side RCP. I don't want to find out on race day only.

machgo5go
2011.11.15, 07:48 PM
I have different setups and parts needs for smooth or rough side RCP. I don't want to find out on race day only.
Words from Occupy Wall St. that you will be stopping by Maj's Market St. soon??;)

ruf993
2011.11.22, 09:10 PM
Yes It's our 3rd year doing the GSSO.. wow:cool:

I'm requesting Admins of the MiniZ Racer calendar to book Dec 17 2011 for this event.

If all goes well this should be another GSSO to remember!!

Here are the classes (rules will follow soon)

GT Mod
2wd 70T (Spec)hand out motor
F1 Open
Narrow 90mm Box stock (Spec)

First Class $25, $5 each after.

WHo is in!;)

OK let's see what classes you guys are going to run:

Maj (70t Spec) & (GTMOD)
Alex B (70t Spec) & (Narrow 90mm)

lfisminiz
2011.11.22, 09:12 PM
As of now.......70T Spec. & GT Mod.

Slubben
2011.11.23, 06:53 AM
70 Turn & Narrow Spec

ruf993
2011.11.23, 09:24 AM
Great keep the list coming!

JuniorWKR
2011.11.28, 01:31 PM
put me in for 2 classes...

either mod and 70t or
F1 and a 2wd class...

will see how my cars shake out these next few practice sessions...

JuniorWKR
2011.12.01, 01:25 PM
Lets get a list going of names for this race...

Junior
Maj
Alex
Larry Frey
Eddie Lee
Sean Lubben
Johhny Themelis
Edel Gonzalez
Mark Runtic

Lets keep this list growing.. give us a shoot out if your attending this race...

Tomisthebest69
2011.12.02, 12:16 AM
I will if i can take friday off

SabRC
2011.12.04, 06:01 AM
I should be there also...

Junior maybe we should add the driver list to the events "Garden State Shoot Out" link.

Also the rules, as people check that area out frequently.

JuniorWKR
2011.12.06, 11:30 AM
I should be there also...

Junior maybe we should add the driver list to the events "Garden State Shoot Out" link.

Also the rules, as people check that area out frequently.

sounds good.. the thread is already there so I can update it with the drivers list...

JuniorWKR
2011.12.12, 10:33 AM
count me in for 70t mod and f1

JuniorWKR
2011.12.12, 01:55 PM
Ok guys heres the schedule for this race...

Open Practice on Friday night till 7pm on current layout... after closing we will put the new layout down for saturday (it will be a layout never ran before at MHS)...

Saturday doors open at 8am
Signup deadline is 10:30am
Hot lap qualifying from 11:30 to 12
We will do 5 min controlled qualifying for each class then have a 10 min open qualifier at the end for anyone who needs a second chance but it will no be contolled. You will be put into heats based on your hotlap.

12:30 will start first qualifier:
Box Stock 90mm high mount (kyosho 30 rear tires can be used)
F1
70t (handout motor)(spec tire - kyosho treaded 20's and 30's only)
Mod

the 70t will be a sealed handout motor... If you are currrently running the 70t points series with us you can use that motor...

lfisminiz
2011.12.12, 06:47 PM
Hey Maj.....what time you opening Friday?:)

ruf993
2011.12.12, 08:04 PM
Hey Maj.....what time you opening Friday?:)

12pm;) .............

lfisminiz
2011.12.12, 09:12 PM
12pm;) .............

Thanks...see you then.;):)

Slubben
2011.12.13, 10:26 AM
See you all Saturday for this great day of racing!

machgo5go
2011.12.13, 08:47 PM
See you all Saturday for this great day of racing!Now that's the spirit Seany, well represented!
Unforturnately I can not participate at this time due to personal matters
but wish all you guys good luck and race as champion.
Don't forget is for the fun of it!

JuniorWKR
2011.12.14, 08:38 AM
eddie you will be missed at this race... hope all works out for you..

i think sean should represent and wear your birght orange vodophone lucky race shirt.. it has never misseed a race at mhs...

Slubben
2011.12.14, 10:08 AM
Unfortunately Eddie is far better shape than I am and that shirt has no chance of fitting!

ROBG
2011.12.14, 10:14 AM
Unfortunately Eddie is far better shape than I am and that shirt has no chance of fitting!

Amen to that! :D

JuniorWKR
2011.12.15, 09:20 AM
remember guys...

tomorrow is open practice from 12pm to 7pm... we will be throwing everyone out at 7pm to set up for saturdays new layout....

doors will open at 8am on sat for practice...

lfisminiz
2011.12.16, 07:50 AM
See you guys soon.....:)

Slubben
2011.12.16, 07:53 AM
Safe trip Larry!

hrdrvr
2011.12.16, 08:02 AM
Good luck everyone! Can't wait to see results, videos and pics! :D

joey
2011.12.16, 11:09 AM
Add me to 70t :eek: ..

bermbuster
2011.12.16, 05:09 PM
Add me to 70t :eek: ..
Go get em Joe.....:cool:

ruf993
2011.12.17, 06:23 PM
Thanks guy's for the guys who came out to this race!!

It was alot of fun...

here ya go.

lfisminiz
2011.12.17, 10:37 PM
Glad i made the trip. Fun time and hard racing. Always enjoy the trip to Majs. See you all at next big race or sooner if it works out.;):)

JuniorWKR
2011.12.18, 08:23 AM
had an absolute blast yesterday... thanks to all who came out to race with us... when you race at MHS your always in the best comapny of fellow racers...

what a day of racing... my reflex cars felt absolutly amazing... my mod car was on rails and the mains was one of the best races i have ever been in... i think i actually stopped breathing for a second when me and maj were door to door with a few seconds to go... all i could think was we are going to wreck and johnny is going to pass us fpr the win... hahahaa.. ran some new prototype arms from CT and they were flawless... they move the pivot points way in to the center and allow for less camber gain during compression of the suspension... made the car super predictable and easy to drive... was able to throw it into the corners and not have to worry about it flipping.. i was running a atomic 35t round can with team screm matched cells... had plenty of pwer all day long to compete with the big boys...

F1 was awesome... i had a very basic setup but it worked... for only having three cars in the class i think i raced everyone in the building... larry shouldve charged people rental fee for taking the car out... hahahaa... I think Johnny did a 8.9 hot lap with Larrys car... it was very impressive.. I ran a top secret motor handwound 39t round can motor in this car and its perfect.. its never comming out of this chassis..

I qualified 4th in stock and felt i had a real good chance at top three... reflex car was feeling amazing all day as i set the hot lap during hot lap qualifying... top 5 was seperated by seconds... but with only a few laps in something got stuck in the motor and i was out... when i got it off the track i sprayed the hell outta it and using compressed air got it back to working... was a little upset i didnt get to compete with everyone in the biggest class of the day but i guess things like this always happen to someone at every race.... Edel walked away with the fasted lap of the day in 70t with a amazing 8.8.... that is just insane... way to go edel..

Overall Maj housed a great event as always... thank you to everyone again for such an amazing day... i truely had a great time... happy holidays to all and cant wait to get back out on the track with everyone next friday night.. see you all then...

machgo5go
2011.12.18, 08:37 AM
Glad i made the trip. Fun time and hard racing. Always enjoy the trip to Majs. See you all at next big race or sooner if it works out.;):)It was great seeing you Larry as always. Thank you very much for an Arrive & Drive of your F1 even I wasn't expect do any racing from my much late arrival of the day in just to say hi to everyone. I am glad that I got some Mini Z out of me from my recently absence. Hopefully next time you come around, I can be back to my usual schedule. As for the GSS, Maj put a good show together along with JR & Val in a short time & it was a fun event to end the year with some hard racing.
It was a great come back win for JR in Mod GT race by a small margin of closest with 3 top guys and also JR dominance win in F1.
Who can I say is the King of Vitz which the winner is Roland and it was a good race of survival.
Looking forward to a new year and hope all you guys will return even stronger and faster since seems like someone keep dominating this 70T spec class, Mr TD#1, great win!

lfisminiz
2011.12.18, 10:46 AM
Eddie, glad i could help you get alittle Z action in for fun.;) I already had 2 classes going, most of time back to back. So my F-1 became a spare for racers.:D Now if i can get the usual for F-1 tweek out of rear (pretty normal), without buying 10 chassis to get a flat un-tweeked one, car would have been awesome.

SaiTam
2011.12.18, 02:32 PM
Great racing everything went smoothly. 70T was a lot of fun; my car was very good the whole day. Other races were fun to watch.

Here is a video of the A-main. On the first lap no leader could lead for 2 - 3 seconds without getting hit from behind! There were lots of position swaps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivCqWCquu-Q

ruf993
2011.12.18, 02:56 PM
Great racing everything went smoothly. 70T was a lot of fun; my car was very good the whole day. Other races were fun to watch.

Here is a video of the A-main. On the first lap no leader could lead for 2 - 3 seconds without getting hit from behind! There were lots of position swaps.

Great video. Thanks Sai for sharing. :)

Slubben
2011.12.19, 07:59 AM
Thanks to MHS for putting on yet another great event. There was some awesome racing and I had a lot of fun.

Number1
2011.12.19, 10:21 AM

And here are my videos:

Box Stock A-Main: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEshkgds5WM
F-1 A-Main: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neyWccSnCwo
Mod A-Main: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvXYJJbvhe0
70T B-Main: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3jSDrCl2Mo
70T A-Main: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msXT14Ba78Q

JuniorWKR
2011.12.19, 10:56 AM
thank you Roland for the videos...

Slubben
2011.12.19, 11:22 AM
Not only is Roland a.k.a "Number 1" a.k.a "The Old Man" A.K.A "Maria" an awesome A-Main racer he's a great cinematographer. Thanks for the videos!

JuniorWKR
2011.12.20, 01:41 PM
not for nothing but I really like this layout... its fun..

Slubben
2011.12.20, 02:10 PM
Yeah it's nice. it's not easy combing a good layout for F-1 and a challenging layout for 2WD. I think this layout offers a nice balance of both worlds.

Number1
2011.12.22, 11:53 PM
thank you Roland for the videos...

Not only is Roland a.k.a "Number 1" a.k.a "The Old Man" A.K.A "Maria" an awesome A-Main racer he's a great cinematographer. Thanks for the videos!

You guys are welcome.

Sean, thank God you didn't call me "Harm-Lum", but Maria?:o:confused:, really have no idea where it comes from?:D

See you guys later.