PDA

View Full Version : New MZW38-10 Kyosho Radial 10d tires

SaiTam
2011.11.10, 01:26 PM
Has anyone tried these yet? I wonder if these are for RCP or carpet. It says "Premium Super Soft" on the package.

http://www.egrracing.com/shop/images/medium/kyosho/MZW38-10_m.jpg

kryten
2011.11.10, 03:41 PM
I have some on the way,they should be here by monday. I'm looking forward to testing them.

Mrs Mini-Z
2011.11.11, 10:25 AM
The MZW30-10 (http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=21685) is in stock at shop.tinyrc.com :)

Cherub1m
2011.11.11, 09:33 PM
I tried the Kyosho 10 degree F1 rear tires on the carpet and they ran very well. I didn't test them long enough had some fet issues with my F1 but the time I spent I noticed they had a little less grip then the ATM 7(mounted on ATM 21.5 MR02/03 rims). Haven't tried the Kyosho 10 degrees for the 02/03/010.

dlevitas
2011.11.20, 02:16 PM
Tried these tires on an original Kyosho RCP track. On our track Kyosho 20 Wide Radials gives great rear traction. We could not see any difference with these 10s. Wears faster though.

SAGISI
2011.11.20, 04:49 PM
Tried the 10 degree tires on our rcp track and in my opinion they are way to soft for rcp. Car had very little forward and side bite with a pn70 motor. I think these tires are more for carpet tracks.

Cherub1m
2011.11.20, 10:18 PM
Tried the 10 degree tires on our rcp track and in my opinion they are way to soft for rcp. Car had very little forward and side bite with a pn70 motor. I think these tires are more for carpet tracks.

A while back I tried the F1 Kyosho 10 Degree rear tires on RCP I got the same result you did with yours. No traction at all on RCP, they worked much better on carpet.

SaiTam
2011.11.21, 01:46 PM
I was just told these new tires are most likely silicone tires meant for carpet racing.

unearthed name
2011.12.11, 09:16 PM
Any updates regarding this product?

color01
2011.12.12, 07:59 AM
I and a couple others used these tires at the recent Kyosho Fall Classic.

The compound feels halfway in between a Kyosho 20, and an Atomic 10. Which would suggest to me that it has a fair amount of silicone in it, while not being a true gummy silicone tire. In any case, it doesn't leave the typical silicone gunk on the underside of the chassis after racing so it's not a high-silicone tire at all (and if it were, R241 would have a little rule rewriting to do).

My impression is that they work, but only for about 1-2 runs. I mounted one pair at the beginning of the day and it was completely wasted by Q1. I was getting progressively slower and the rear was coming out too easily, leading to a good fast lap but terrible consistency. I decided I had enough of that by Q3, so just before the main I mounted a fresh pair, and all of a sudden I had a crazy amount of forward traction -- but only for the first few minutes. It was enough to pull a lead on everyone else in the first half of the race and that's how I took the GT Stock race.

So it works, but I don't think it's a huge improvement over the Kyosho 20 radial and I will probably be going back. At most I'll groove the K20's to get more grip out of them. The K10's change grip level over the course of a run; while I am *able* to deal with that I would find it difficult to set up a car for.