PDA

View Full Version : Veterans Day

arch2b
2011.11.11, 10:17 AM
I wanted to take this opportunity to express my gratitude and thanks to all our veteran armed services members, both active duty and retired:)

Especially, to those whom I've had the great pleasure of meeting as a result of this forum and or my involvement with Mini-z racing. I've had the pleasure of meeting some fantastic people serving in all branches of the military over the past 10+ years.

Special thanks and sentiments to my very good friend ByeBye, currently serving overseas. ;) I hope you and the family are doing well and secure.

Ruf, probably the most recent that I am aware of to join up, thank you and good luck, be safe.

To many others to list individually but you know who you are and please don't take my lack of ability to list each and every one as a slight. :p

here is a brief history
On the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of the year 1918, world powers signed the armistice that ended WORLD WAR I. In the United States, it was proclaimed an annual day of mourning by President Woodrow Wilson in 1919. The name was changed to Veterans Day in 1954 to honor ALL fallen heroes of battle.

Veterans Day is slightly different from Memorial Day, which is observed in May. Memorial Day is a day of remembering ALL who have died while serving our country, through wars and during peace-time.

mleemor60
2011.11.11, 10:41 AM
Thanks and Semper-Fi