PDA

View Full Version : motor options

GTR driver
2011.11.13, 07:54 PM
I just picked up my MB-010 optima last night. To date I'm loving this buggy, just wondering about motor options looking to make more power. I searched around and seen a chili motor install. Not sure if thats a good idea worrying about blowing up fets.

ShortBus
2011.11.13, 11:28 PM
Nat - bring it on Friday night !!

EMU
2011.11.14, 10:14 AM
From my understanding, the car has a 2x2 stack of fets, so it should be able to handle more power than the ASF Mini-Z. I still havent gotton one, but I would start with an ATM yellow label and see if you want to go faster...

dirttrackdemon9
2011.11.14, 11:09 PM
Has anyone tried a PN 50 turn yet??

EMU
2011.11.15, 12:10 AM
Has anyone tried a PN 50 turn yet??
Thats basically the same as the Kyosho X-Speed...

GTR driver
2011.11.16, 03:13 AM
Took a chance and dropped in a chili motor. Its not out of control balistic, very controlable. Good grip and rotates very well on RCP. Looking foward to driving outside once the rain stops. :D

GTR driver
2011.11.16, 03:14 AM
Nat - bring it on Friday night !!

Jeff, I'll be there friday with it!

GTR driver
2011.11.16, 03:20 AM
From my understanding, the car has a 2x2 stack of fets, so it should be able to handle more power than the ASF Mini-Z. I still havent gotton one, but I would start with an ATM yellow label and see if you want to go faster...

There were no yellow labels available. Took a chance with a chili motor.

rajiex
2011.11.16, 04:39 AM
There were no yellow labels available. Took a chance with a chili motor.

I got a NIB; if you want.

ShortBus
2011.11.16, 08:44 AM
I have a spare yellow can (48T) in my box if you want to try it. not sure if the round can would work?

kryten
2011.11.16, 10:54 AM
i would keep an eye on your dogbones. I shredded the pins on one of my fronts using an x-speed on orion 750's.
It looks like the upgrade parts won't be available until the lazer is released too. :(

GTR driver
2011.11.16, 02:08 PM
i would keep an eye on your dogbones. I shredded the pins on one of my fronts using an x-speed on orion 750's.
It looks like the upgrade parts won't be available until the lazer is released too. :(

Thanks will do. So far things I know about this buggy. Tires have to be glued, peeled off 3 times. Steering rod popped off twice whenever you clip the front wheels off a wall. I think the front bumper isn't wide enough to protect front wheels. And the windows can you some holes to let the heat escape since the motor sits on top. Also note that all this happened on RCP track. I've been waiting to drive this outdoors but waiting for the rain to stop.

GTR driver
2011.11.16, 02:11 PM
BTW when is the release date for the lazer? I thought it was the end of this month. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

kryten
2011.11.16, 07:00 PM
I have drilled holes in my windows for cooling. I also turned down the steering gain on ICS,this helped cut down the steering popping issue. It still happens,but not as much.
As far as i know the lazer is delayed until around xmas.

cdog4w
2011.11.17, 12:22 PM
I have drilled holes in my windows for cooling. I also turned down the steering gain on ICS,this helped cut down the steering popping issue. It still happens,but not as much.
As far as i know the lazer is delayed until around xmas.

I'm still hearing December 1st, but maybe arch can chime in?

GTR driver
2011.11.19, 01:37 AM

Well, I shredded the pins off one of the dogbones :(. Problem with them is there made of plastic. I can see an aluminum or titanium upgrade in the near future.

Mrs Mini-Z
2011.11.21, 10:11 AM
I'm still hearing December 1st, but maybe arch can chime in?

Great News Lazer Fans! Our shipment of the Lazer MB-010 is already on it's way and will be here and shipping this Wednesday, November 23!

Also, new buggy parts will be here early next week, but we already have MB-010 cross over parts (http://shop.tinyrc.com/home.php?cat=530) listed in the shop. :cool:

Mrs Mini-Z
2011.11.21, 10:48 AM
Also, Mini-Z told me that one of the guys at our local race used a PN Mini-Z PNWC Ball Bearing 32 Turn Motor (http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=20930&cat=0&page=1) in his buggy and it was really awesome :)

kryten
2011.11.21, 11:32 AM
Great News Lazer Fans! Our shipment of the Lazer MB-010 is already on it's way and will be here and shipping this Wednesday, November 23!

Also, new buggy parts will be here early next week, but we already have MB-010 cross over parts (http://shop.tinyrc.com/home.php?cat=530) listed in the shop. :cool:

You lucky people! we are being told early december over here :(

targetingxmod
2011.12.03, 05:11 PM
Also, Mini-Z told me that one of the guys at our local race used a PN Mini-Z PNWC Ball Bearing 32 Turn Motor (http://shop.tinyrc.com/product.php?productid=20930&cat=0&page=1) in his buggy and it was really awesome :)

Can anyone send a picture of the fets this buggy have? number of them, and how much fets? 4 in total? 2x2? not the 3010 i guess....

The ASF 2.4ghz miniz boards have 1x1 on front and 1x1 on back total 4fets of 3010 ref.

kryten
2011.12.03, 06:02 PM
it has 2x2 of 3010 fets. 4 in total

YoYo-Pete
2011.12.13, 02:00 PM

I did it. And it makes it really awesome. But...

Turning too sharp will totally shred the back "spur" on the drive shaft that turns the rear diff. I'm on my 2nd replacement. :/ Guess the spur going is much better (cheaper) than the diff.

oXYnary
2011.12.13, 09:54 PM
I did it. And it makes it really awesome. But...

Turning too sharp will totally shred the back "spur" on the drive shaft that turns the rear diff. I'm on my 2nd replacement. :/ Guess the spur going is much better (cheaper) than the diff.

So the rear drive gear is shredding in the gearbox? Sounds like 2 things.

1. Your slipper is too tight. Try adding the lube they offer to make it more slippery or remove more of the "wings".

2. You need a rear ball differential to not so much slip, but help to "dampen" the jerking movement the differential is making. Universals would help as well.

nicov
2012.01.16, 08:25 AM
I've been running the PNWC 33Turns for about 10 battery packs now, without any issue on drivetrain so far - hope it'll last !

The only thing I noticed, is some noise from the differentials when applying high power in sharp turns - but no failure so far.

AFMiniz
2012.01.16, 08:37 AM
What gear ratio you are using for PN33T? Thanks

ghost chili
2012.01.16, 10:17 AM
Hello,

Since the Chili motor seems to work fine in the buggy, I'm assuming this motor will also be fine without any FET mods? I'm looking to get a Lazer to drive indoors and to mess around with the dog a bit. Don't want crazy speed, just a bit more than the kit motor Kyosho usually installs. Thanks.

http://www(dot)atomicmods(dot)com/Products/Atomic-MO-006-Stock-R-Evolution-Motor__13509.aspx

billysnarf
2012.01.16, 10:35 AM
Got my buggy on Fri.. Got about 5-6 packs through it when I had a Diff failure.. Rear diff - Shredded the spider gears... Strange.. Replacement on the way for 15.99 plus shipping! If this happens again , I guess I will have to go the ball diff route (if I can afford it!).. looks like $52.00 for one complete diff!! Maybe I need to adjust the slipper/ Any tips on this? Are the slippers coming out of the box too tight? I have not checked it yet. Maybe I should have

nicov
2012.01.16, 11:21 AM
What gear ratio you are using for PN33T? Thanks

I'm running 15T 35T with Motor Holder Type 3, for fastest top speed.
And indeed, my buggy just flies :)
Of course, I double stacked the 8858 FET !

nicov
2012.01.16, 11:26 AM
If this happens again , I guess I will have to go the ball diff route (if I can afford it!)..

Or wait for the Heavy Duty Diff assy MBW002 (http://www.kyosho.com/jpn/support/instructionmanual/mini-z/img/buggy/Mini-Z_Buggy_Parts_List_v01.pdf) to come out, as advertised by Kyosho.
I'm not sure the ball diff is worth the cost...

billysnarf
2012.01.16, 12:05 PM
Interesting.. Good to see there may be options in the future.

oXYnary
2012.01.16, 05:24 PM
Got my buggy on Fri.. Got about 5-6 packs through it when I had a Diff failure.. Rear diff - Shredded the spider gears... Strange.. Replacement on the way for 15.99 plus shipping! If this happens again , I guess I will have to go the ball diff route (if I can afford it!).. looks like $52.00 for one complete diff!! Maybe I need to adjust the slipper/ Any tips on this? Are the slippers coming out of the box too tight? I have not checked it yet. Maybe I should have

Did you and any diff lube/oil to the diffs? I have added some to mine with a bit thicker up front with no diff issues and stock slipper cut. However, this is with the stock motor.

billysnarf
2012.01.17, 10:16 AM
Yes I was running the stock motor as well.. I greased the slipper a bit last night.. Will add some kind of lube to the gear diffs.. Would black grease work ok here? Or would a clear diff lube be better?

oXYnary
2012.01.17, 11:58 AM
I was thinking more like diff oil. 1000K etc. type. Black grease could probably work, but I was thinking even thicker.

Here is a good article. In fact, I kinda wish I had waited on the ball diffs after reading this.

http://www.tsanrc.com/2011/07/gear-diff-vs-ball-diff-guest-author.html

Q t
2012.01.17, 11:44 PM
does anyone know if the round atomic motors fit and work in these buggies?

billysnarf
2012.01.20, 01:01 PM
Kyosho X speed = shredded bones here too.. Drilled all of them out last night, cut some pins from some body clips. Now the plastic bones have metal pins through them.. Has run fine now so far 3 packs after.. I do have Atomic bones that should be here any day now..

But the Kyosho X speed motor was the perfect boost in speed/ acceleration that my buggy needed on my 16x6 makeshift track.. Basically the extra power over stock is used mostly to prevent nose dives off of jumps... Car jumps level now.. I was glad to achieve this by not having to increase pinion size and sacrifice low end zip.

Pick of a bone now:

http://s862.photobucket.com/albums/ab183/RReaves569/

ChrabNet Racing
2012.08.01, 01:16 AM
Anyone tried R246's rrT?
Hearing about your misfortune makes me not want to try my new spinner...

arch2b
2012.08.01, 07:14 AM
i've got a PN70T in my buggy right now and it's not enough. it's still much slower than a racer. i'm looking for a good solution that is $15-20 and doesn't require replacing FETs.

Rune
2012.08.01, 07:31 AM
Most of the people at our track uses PN33, ATM AD Stock and ATM T2 motors.
Stripped stock dogbones are happening, but with CVD's and alu dogbones we have not had any failures yet.

rojak
2016.01.29, 08:29 PM
Hi,
I just change from stock motor to PN 39T motor,same reason for speed of course.
But i notice when I slowly throttle, there is pitch sound came from esc, with stock motor I didn't hear the sound. Is it I need to solder the yellow cap at positive terminal like stock motor to my PN motor terminal?

briankstan
2016.01.30, 06:50 AM
Hi,
I just change from stock motor to PN 39T motor,same reason for speed of course.
But i notice when I slowly throttle, there is pitch sound came from esc, with stock motor I didn't hear the sound. Is it I need to solder the yellow cap at positive terminal like stock motor to my PN motor terminal?

we have several guys running the PN 33T and aren't using the cap on them. We also are just running the stock boards.

rojak
2016.02.16, 07:58 PM
how about clutch, do i need to set the clutch since with new motor?