PDA

View Full Version : Collection worth holding on to?

fenderbaum
2011.11.14, 06:28 AM
Hi!

Just have draged my collection out of the closet to see what I have. As you can se from my collection, it kind of changed when I bought the AWD's. So there are som AWD autoscales, and some MR-01. Is it worth holding on to? Any worth anything? I kind of buy them, enjoy them for a while, and then put them away. I do not have a MR-02 so the Supras and the BMW might end up for trade. Any comments?

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b103/Fenderbaum76/IMAG0279.jpg

Most of them are mint and unused. Unfortunatly the Taxi have lost it's bonnet emblem, and the BMW it's left mirror. The ones still in it's boxes are all more or less unused and complete!

Guinness
2011.11.14, 09:25 AM
Very nice collection! i know the Ford Focus is pretty rare and sells for a lot

arch2b
2011.11.14, 01:45 PM
the toms supra, focus, caprice taxi and chips are going to be your big sellers. those are often the most asked for and least seen available (focus and supra are the oldest of the bunch).

the market is fickle though. you may find the right buyer at the right time and make some good money or you may end up not selling it at a conservative reserve. like ebay, it's a crap shoot but in general, autoscales typically go up in value. some more than others and it really depends on availability/production runs.

thestug
2011.11.14, 02:43 PM
I see a silver cobra. Correct me if I'm wrong ,but I thought those are pretty rare. Also the caprice police car. What is the car that has the white cardboard around it. I can't see that one too well.

arch2b
2011.11.14, 02:53 PM
rare and valuable are not always aligned. i don't recall the cobra being highly sought after, like the daytona for example which is just as hard to find but more desirable.

herman
2011.11.15, 12:41 AM
pretty cool collection...

you might want to get a mr03... that way you can pretty much use all of those bodies...

anyway people collect stuff for different reasons... and in the same way people would value things quite differently too...

from the looks of it, i would value the supras, ford focus, the mercedes clk's (silver and black) the cop car and taxi the most... but that's just my opinion which is based on heavily on what i've read...

the thing about the above bodies are... that they are a bit rare (as in they are not being produced anymore) and they are generally likable & sought after...

and that's what drives the prices on these things up... on the other hand, there are other bodies that are also rare, but not so likable... so prices on those bodies could go both ways...

if you are not too attached to them, you could sell them, but try to find out what they are worth...

good luck and hope this helps... :D

fenderbaum
2011.11.15, 11:34 AM
Thanks for your replies! My main reason for collecting them is not for value, but more because they look good! Check ebay every now and then, and it is too easy to push the buy now button! Some of the older ones have been bought in a local hobby store, but they have stopped selling kyosho for some reason.

arch2b
2011.11.15, 01:01 PM
i still have a storage bin full of autoscales myself.:p no real rhyme or reason to the collection, just stuff i've been given as gifts, etc. i've sold, traded, given away most of the stuff bought myself. the upside to collecting autoscales is, they are generally good investments if your patient and a good seller. it's not like my gi joe collection where most of it is worth 1/2 what it cost in the store with the exceptional piece or exclusive. you can by a mini-z and the autoscale will hold more of it's value than the chassis.

xmodcanuck
2011.11.19, 07:35 PM
Hi!

Just have draged my collection out of the closet to see what I have. As you can se from my collection, it kind of changed when I bought the AWD's. So there are som AWD autoscales, and some MR-01. Is it worth holding on to? Any worth anything? I kind of buy them, enjoy them for a while, and then put them away. I do not have a MR-02 so the Supras and the BMW might end up for trade. Any comments?

The only thing I can say is I'm pretty sure those 5 Subaru's are completely worthless. You should just package them all up and send them to me. I'll relieve you of the burden of storing them. Just kidding. I love Subaru's. The WRX STI is my all time favourite car, in case you couldn't tell. Between XMODS and Mini-Z, I think I have 15 or 16 of them. I can always make space for more though.

thestug
2011.11.20, 03:38 PM
The only thing I can say is I'm pretty sure those 5 Subaru's are completely worthless. You should just package them all up and send them to me. I'll relieve you of the burden of storing them. Just kidding. I love Subaru's. The WRX STI is my all time favourite car, in case you couldn't tell. Between XMODS and Mini-Z, I think I have 15 or 16 of them. I can always make space for more though.

The subaru that has the #10 on it is definitely not worthless. I believe it is worth about 100+ dollars. At least that's what I would pay for it if I had the money. The caprices and the WRC focus, STi, and the EVO. are the ones that are my favorite.

xmodcanuck
2011.11.23, 01:37 AM

The subaru that has the #10 on it is definitely not worthless. I believe it is worth about 100+ dollars. At least that's what I would pay for it if I had the money. The caprices and the WRC focus, STi, and the EVO. are the ones that are my favorite.

It's funny that when you type you can ALL CAPS, or bold, and even italics for whatever, but you can't click on 'sarcasm' for a font type.

Take note of the part that I put in red and read it now with a witty funny sarcastic tone.

I'm aware of the selling value of the 02 WRX. I have 2 now but not for the possible selling value, but because the WRX STI is my favourite car, real or mini-z.

arch2b
2011.11.23, 07:53 AM
that's where the emoticons can help ;)

thestug
2011.11.25, 01:21 PM
It's funny that when you type you can ALL CAPS, or bold, and even italics for whatever, but you can't click on 'sarcasm' for a font type.

Take note of the part that I put in red and read it now with a witty funny sarcastic tone.

I'm aware of the selling value of the 02 WRX. I have 2 now but not for the possible selling value, but because the WRX STI is my favourite car, real or mini-z.

Sorry, I did not notice the italics.

marc
2012.02.25, 05:38 PM
Keep them. You'll regret selling them later on as I have done in the past.

Slubben
2012.02.27, 08:40 AM
I'd hold on to them for the time being with the economy the way it is you won't get top dollar. If they were in your closet put them back in there and wait.

arch2b
2012.02.27, 04:20 PM
i agree. be patient.

optimaforever
2012.12.22, 01:16 PM
Very nice collection!
If you have the place to store them and no need in money I'd keep them too :D