PDA

View Full Version : looking for some parts.. brake discs, wheel nuts & exhaust tips..

Tinytacohead
2011.11.17, 04:44 PM
I'm looking for one vendor that sells both the artificial brake discs & multicolored wheel nuts? (that way I'm not paying as much shipping as I am for the parts) It'd be awesome if they sold Kyosho's stealth-underbody antenna as well, but I'm not looking for a miracle. :p

I was also wondering if anybody could suggest where to find a good, fake exhaust tip/muffler? I've got the Calsonic R32 & unfortunately it didn't come with one like I've seen with the plain version of the R32. IMO the 3Racing tips look a tad oversized. (though I've never seen them paired with this particular body, so if you've got that combo I'd love to see it) I'd attempt to make something, but it seems whenever I go that route my stuff both looks like crap & just falls apart anyways. :o Suggestions on solid ways to mount such are appreciated as well.. and as always, thanks in advance! :)

ChiMiniRc
2011.11.18, 11:54 AM
If it helps, I have a couple of those atenna used I can sell for $8 shipped each.

Assuming these?

http://www.atomicmods.com/Products/Kyosho-MZW106-Mini-Z-Inner-Antenna__10577.aspx

Tinytacohead
2011.11.18, 01:58 PM
If it helps, I have a couple of those atenna used I can sell for $8 shipped each.

Assuming these?

http://www.atomicmods.com/Products/Kyosho-MZW106-Mini-Z-Inner-Antenna__10577.aspx

Sweet, I'm down for one.. though getting ready to take off for the weekend. Will try & be in touch next week or whatever. Also, any expierience in how well they work? I've got the stock, original radio setup. (obviously)

xmodcanuck
2011.11.19, 02:55 PM
Why not try this???

http://shop.tinyrc.com/home.php

3racing makes every thing you want (wheel nuts, brake discs, mufflers(which aren't too big)) and if this store doesn't have it in stock I'm pretty sure they can get it for you.

Tinytacohead
2011.11.20, 07:10 PM
If it helps, I have a couple of those atenna used I can sell for $8 shipped each...

ChiMiniRc - you've got PM! :)

Why not try this???...

I did & just about everything, (except the silver wheel nuts I believe), I want seems to be marked out of stock.. I'll inquire as to whether they can be ordered though. Regarding the 3R mufflers, IMO, they're a little on the large side for my particular body, at least from what I can tell without having them side by side with it. If they're as I'm picturing them though, it's a taste thing.. like how I HATE the 5" tipped exhaust that came on my real life '93 RX-7. It's a killer HKS system that sounds awesome & is in great shape, isn't obnoxiously loud etc. I'll be removing it next year though in favor of something more visually tasteful just the same.

EDIT - yep, as I suspected.. most of the stuff marked "out of stock" is apparently discontinued, heh

Tinytacohead
2011.11.23, 03:49 PM
It's too bad Wal-Mart quit selling model cars a few years back. I could've perused the isle for one containing a muffler I thought would look good, heh. (used to love checking out that section, whether I was planning to build anything or not :rolleyes:) Maybe I'll replicate the side exhaust version with some small brass pipe or something.

On a different note, does anybody know if there were ever, different sized dummy brake rotors made? I know more than just Kyosho made them & I've always felt theirs to be a tad on the oversized side, especially for somewhat dated cars.

byebye
2011.12.18, 06:08 AM
If you're still looking for brake discs I have some.

Kris

Tinytacohead
2012.01.23, 04:33 AM
If you're still looking for brake discs I have some.

Kris

Oops, somehow I missed this one.. yeah, I'm still looking for brake discs & maybe dummy exhausts. Disc price, shipped? (zipcode: 26253/eastern USA)

byebye
2012.01.23, 11:13 PM
Let me take a pic of them. I have multiple sets.

Kris

arch2b
2012.01.24, 06:14 AM
Check the reviews on the internal antenna. I dont recall them being very positive.

Tinytacohead
2012.01.24, 12:04 PM
Check the reviews on the internal antenna. I dont recall them being very positive.

The ones I've run into seemed to be a bit mixed. Thanks for the heads up.

arch2b
2012.01.24, 12:23 PM
they never worked for me but your asking me to recall clearly something i abandoned 8 years ago which i cannot do. :p lets just say there are other methods that seemed to work better and were cheaper/easier to do. i never had much luck with any shortened/wound antenna but that's just me. i may even still have one and if i can find it, i'd be happy to give it to you. gpm and 3r had the best brake discs. square were nice as well but expensive. they do give a great scale look to the car but always dis'ed by the racing guys as extraneous weight. the wheel lights were cool too. i had a set of the red lights. i never did get a set of under glow lights to fit/look just right.

Tinytacohead
2012.01.24, 12:39 PM
they never worked for me but...

Well I definitely wouldn't turn down a free one, haha. I wish I could just go 2.4Ghz but that's not really an option. As far as brake discs, if I went racing I'd remove them, although my Z mostly just sits around looking cool.. actually, atm it simply has no antenna for that matter. :p Never really got into the lighted stuff.

arch2b
2012.01.24, 12:44 PM
there are likely MANY threads on antenna mods for the mr-01. it was a hot topic for some time with them. anything from piano wire, coated copper wire, to cat 5. it's a very simple to make one fom just about any conductive metal wire. i personally preferred piano wire as it was very strong and very flexible so it would bend easily without kinking. i even bent a loop or two at the base to it was more spring like.

Tinytacohead
2012.01.24, 12:52 PM
there are likely MANY threads on antenna mods for the mr-01...

Cool, I'll have to look it up, though I guess the main thing I'm after is a more scale look.

arch2b
2012.01.24, 01:23 PM
here (http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20316&highlight=antenna+mod) is one specifically to internal antenna's

Tinytacohead
2012.01.25, 05:13 AM
thanks man. :)

byebye
2012.01.25, 11:03 PM
http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g153/toffe777/3dc8b5dd.jpg

Pm your offer.

Kris