PDA

View Full Version : Lazer Buggy

lfisminiz
2011.11.26, 01:23 AM
Got my Lazer version today. Man this thing looks awesome. So far very impressed with it. Handles jumps with ease. I have a small/medium size RCP track. Put a 50T PN motor in, used the same rims and streached some Kyosho 20 degree LM slicks on rear and 30 degree LM rears on the front. Just about perfect grip to get by for now. Alittle different gearing would do it.:)

kryten
2011.11.26, 06:12 AM
Due to how rubbish kyosho europe is,we have to wait another 1-2 weeks before we get the lazer over here. :( As usual we are the last to get kyosho new items.

lfisminiz
2011.11.26, 04:31 PM
Due to how rubbish kyosho europe is,we have to wait another 1-2 weeks before we get the lazer over here. :( As usual we are the last to get kyosho new items.

Ya, that stinks for you guys.:( I thought we were waiting till middle of December but we got a nice thanksgiving surprise!:)

littleleon
2011.11.26, 07:51 PM

I don't think it is just Kyosho Europe that is rubbish mate. Even here in Japan, Kyosho isn't really the fastest or best when it comes to parts or even kit supply. My Local hobby shop is one of the biggest shops in western japan, and with the lazer release, they only received 2 kits.

lfisminiz
2011.11.27, 01:01 AM
One thing the buggy needs is steel/titanium dog bones. Not sure what they were thinking putting plastic ones on.:confused: Never hold up. So far the rest is pretty good out of the box.

LED
2011.11.27, 12:52 PM

Sorry but that is BS.
My local store (belgium gets stuff from kyosho germany) has them in stock since yesterday.

Pierro
2011.11.27, 03:20 PM
Sorry but that is BS.
My local store (belgium gets stuff from kyosho germany) has them in stock since yesterday.

Hi LED,

No, in fact it's the reality. As you are on the Dutch part of the country, you have them from kyosho Germany. We, on the French part of Belgium have to wait for FDL. Which is known for delay, non-availability of certain parts and a relative "I don't care" attitude for mini-z. :(

I don't know for kyosho europe which deserve UK but it seems pretty much the same as we unfortunately experiment in the French part of Belgium.

There a numerous exemples of FDL not beeing quite a good distributor. By exemple, we never get the F355 challenge or the white LP670 body for mini-z. The shop has a minimum order of 6 optimas or nothing...

But as those distributor are exclusive you have to work with them. Even if kyosho Germany is nearer for us we are obliged to work with FDL.

kryten
2011.11.27, 03:47 PM
Hi LED,

No, in fact it's the reality. As you are on the Dutch part of the country, you have them from kyosho Germany. We, on the French part of Belgium have to wait for FDL. Which is known for delay, non-availability of certain parts and a relative "I don't care" attitude for mini-z. :(

I don't know for kyosho europe which deserve UK but it seems pretty much the same as we unfortunately experiment in the French part of Belgium.

There a numerous exemples of FDL not beeing quite a good distributor. By exemple, we never get the F355 challenge or the white LP670 body for mini-z. The shop has a minimum order of 6 optimas or nothing...

But as those distributor are exclusive you have to work with them. Even if kyosho Germany is nearer for us we are obliged to work with FDL.

I agree 110% with that statement,FDL really do have a 'don't care' attitude to mini-z which i find extremely annoying as we are the main UK mini-z shop.

LED...think yourself lucky you get to deal with kyosho germany!!!

mini-z
2011.11.27, 04:14 PM
Got my Lazer version today. Man this thing looks awesome. So far very impressed with it. Handles jumps with ease. I have a small/medium size RCP track. Put a 50T PN motor in, used the same rims and streached some Kyosho 20 degree LM slicks on rear and 30 degree LM rears on the front. Just about perfect grip to get by for now. Alittle different gearing would do it.:)

L, curious to see pics of this tire hack, please post! :)

lfisminiz
2011.11.27, 07:17 PM
L, curious to see pics of this tire hack, please post! :)

Dave, what i did since....
FRONT Rim - keep outer lips on rim. Shave the 2 inner lips off on rim. Now you have smooth rim. Just tire tape and streatch the LM 30 rear on.

REAR Rim - Same procedure on rear rim. Tire tape and streatch a LM 20 rear on. You will have a small amount of rim left since rear rim is broader that front. You can cut down another 20 LM rear to take up space.
Let me know if you need pics yet.:)

Slubben
2011.11.28, 10:10 AM
I hope the aftermarket companies push products for these buggies. It would be neat to be able to race something different and functional on the same track as mini-z!

lfisminiz
2011.11.28, 07:53 PM
I hope the aftermarket companies push products for these buggies. It would be neat to be able to race something different and functional on the same track as mini-z!

Im pretty sure that should be no problem. Already saw hop-ups from Kyosho comming soon. ;)

hilldebrandt
2011.11.28, 09:41 PM
Instead of cutting up the Lazer rims why not put the LM tires on AWD wheels and stick that on the Buggy. Saw a pic that someone did that with Kyosho radials....

lfisminiz
2011.11.28, 10:20 PM
Instead of cutting up the Lazer rims why not put the LM tires on AWD wheels and stick that on the Buggy. Saw a pic that someone did that with Kyosho radials....

I just did it this way to keep the same height rim. I didnt want to really lower it.

hilldebrandt
2011.11.29, 09:17 PM
I just did it this way to keep the same height rim. I didnt want to really lower it.

Ahh.....Ok

Nige55
2011.12.03, 02:20 AM
Just got my Lazer buggy yesterday, and waited to open it until tonight. It's fantastic !! Absolutely amazing ! I'm truly amazed by it, turning circle is unbeleivable, throttle control is fabulous, looks incredible, build quality is great, and it's easy to get some quick laps in smoothly. I sold everything RC I had to invest in this MB-010 series, and It was the best choice I ever made ! Can you guess I'm quite happy with my purchase ?! LOL

Nige55
2011.12.03, 02:47 AM
Oh, and a massive thanks to Alex Kyoshosan for keeping us so excited about this product, Kyosho should employ you !

kryten
2011.12.03, 06:36 AM
Anyone else had all the paint peel off the wing within 10 mins of use? Very very poor paintwork by kyosho.

littleleon
2011.12.03, 09:09 AM
Anyone else had all the paint peel off the wing within 10 mins of use? Very very poor paintwork by kyosho.

I have the same problem.... :eek: They could have done better...

lfisminiz
2011.12.03, 09:23 AM

I just sent off the Optima body (only clear one thats out for now), to Davey G. for a good "team" paint job.;):)

LED
2011.12.03, 10:51 AM
I agree 110% with that statement,FDL really do have a 'don't care' attitude to mini-z which i find extremely annoying as we are the main UK mini-z shop.

LED...think yourself lucky you get to deal with kyosho germany!!!

I didnt know that..
Sorry to hear for you then :)

I had one in my hand earlier today.
They sure look cool and all, but I didnt buy it.
If i were to buy an offroad car I want to use as an offroad car. Not sure this will that tbh.

AFMiniz
2011.12.03, 11:29 AM
Dave, what i did since....
FRONT Rim - keep outer lips on rim. Shave the 2 inner lips off on rim. Now you have smooth rim. Just tire tape and streatch the LM 30 rear on.

REAR Rim - Same procedure on rear rim. Tire tape and streatch a LM 20 rear on. You will have a small amount of rim left since rear rim is broader that front. You can cut down another 20 LM rear to take up space.
Let me know if you need pics yet.:)

Would you post some pictures?

kyoshosan
2011.12.03, 07:31 PM
Oh, and a massive thanks to Alex Kyoshosan for keeping us so excited about this product, Kyosho should employ you !

Thanks! I wish they would as well :-)

lfisminiz
2011.12.04, 12:22 AM
Would you post some pictures?

Ya ill try to get that up soon.

I also mounted a Losi stadium truck body on it to....so ill try to get those pics up too.;)

GIHOSU
2011.12.04, 03:33 AM
We raced buggies hooked up with short course bodies at Cruizin tonight. They are so good in the air with the added body. We had 3 trucks at the start, I took the holeshot and the win, it wasn't pretty. Getting started with the buggies has been serious fun, and the racers are certainly not the only ones enjoying the action.

A race video is up on the cruizinrc-racing ustream site :D

kryten
2011.12.04, 07:23 AM
I'm just waiting for my losi SC body to show up.

arch2b
2011.12.04, 12:57 PM
do you have pictures of buggy sct bodies?

Eman
2011.12.04, 02:18 PM
From Atomicmods

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k41/willis67017/Forum%20Pix/vlcsnap-2011-12-04-13h06m00s135.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k41/willis67017/Forum%20Pix/vlcsnap-2011-12-04-13h08m21s205.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k41/willis67017/Forum%20Pix/vlcsnap-2011-12-04-13h09m12s26.jpg

Above pics came from this (http://youtu.be/ov4k2LuQj7w)video.

arch2b
2011.12.04, 03:42 PM
well, i like it. maybe we will get sct tires from someone as well.

kryten
2011.12.04, 05:09 PM
I'm going to be trying mine with lazer wheels and tyres.

machgo5go
2011.12.04, 07:51 PM
Now if someone can retro fit some kind of Rally car body on it,
then I give it a chance since I am no fan of off roads.

lfisminiz
2011.12.04, 08:02 PM
Heres my version of a truck body on my Lazer! Got a clear one ready to send off.;)
http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af104/lfisminiz/PC040924.jpg
http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af104/lfisminiz/PC040926.jpg

lfisminiz
2011.12.04, 08:06 PM
Also, as requested...heres pics of LM REAR tires on my Lazer rims to run on RCP.:)
http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af104/lfisminiz/PC040939.jpg
http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af104/lfisminiz/PC040941.jpg

Racer-HH
2011.12.05, 03:33 AM
Here some impression filmed at our new offroad RCP-Track @ Catz Sports.

Link to Youtube (http://youtu.be/UB6wuc0-K04)

GIHOSU
2011.12.05, 09:04 AM
Here some impression filmed at our new offroad RCP-Track @ Catz Sports.

Great driving! That is an amazing track setup, looks like a lot of love went into it. I like that hairpin wallride.

What kind of power and gearing are you using to get all that air?

bermbuster
2011.12.05, 09:27 AM
NICE.....you got the angle of the dangle perfect for the JUMPS...:cool:
How often will you have this set up?
The only sad thing is the jumps look like they will take up a lot of storage space....:(

bermbuster
2011.12.05, 09:30 AM
Heres my version of a truck body on my Lazer! Got a clear one ready to send off.;)
http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af104/lfisminiz/PC040924.jpg
http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af104/lfisminiz/PC040926.jpg

Nice work Larry
what do you call it a Losiosho??? or a Kyosi???....:cool:

Racer-HH
2011.12.05, 10:36 AM
@ Gihosu: motor is PN 50T with the medium pinion and stock spur gear.

@ Bermbuster: this track is going to be permanent! Still working on the final layout though. In my opinion some different surface sections and 1 or 2 smaller jumps are missing, too. And if we are talking about races there must be some marshalling spots in the track.

But for now it is just so much fun driving and jumping around.

lfisminiz
2011.12.05, 07:22 PM
Nice work Larry
what do you call it a Losiosho??? or a Kyosi???....:cool:

How about Kyosi?;):D

greenepa76
2011.12.06, 11:05 AM
Racer HH, that track is sweet! Where are you guys located? So much RCP for two buggies. LOL

Racer-HH
2011.12.06, 11:22 AM
Well, for you its is a bit far away. The track is near Hamburg, Germany at the place of this years PNWC Final. But you are more than welcome if you decide to visit us.
And the owner has a lot of RCP, so there is no problem with that. There are additional two full size race tracks in the back of the buggy area, too.
As for the buggys. I do not know exact sales numbers, but there are quite a few owners by now. On that particular day there were only 3 guys with buggies - and one filmed.

Frufo
2011.12.06, 12:10 PM
Hi,

I have to correct racer-hh. I'm the driver of the optima buggy in the vid and i'm using an x-speed motor instead of an pn50t with the large pinion and stock spur gear.

Pierro
2011.12.06, 03:39 PM
Hi guys!

Definitely in love with that track! :)
What tires do you use on it? We have tried the lazer tires and rims on RCP recently and they don't hook up compared to the optima tires.

Kay-Dee
2011.12.06, 04:53 PM
Hello

We´re using the Optima tires, on the Lazers too
Its going very well.

greetz
Kay-Dee

oXYnary
2011.12.07, 04:42 AM
Hello

We´re using the Optima tires, on the Lazers too
Its going very well.

greetz
Kay-Dee

Hmm. You would think with the spiked tires that are narrow both front and rear, that the car would be unstable on such a flat surface. While wearing the spikes down quickly.

You also get a slightly more speed with the Lazers since they are a larger diameter rim with less of a side wall. While the rear end is a bit more stable with the wider tires.

I think lfisminiz has the right idea if your just road racing it on rcp. If they release some onroad ones for the Lazer rims, I think that will be the way to go.

Racer-HH
2011.12.07, 06:16 AM
We were caught by surprise too.

In fact we are using Optima rims and tires. And the wear on the spikes is really low. We expected much worse, but it seems to be very tough.

Optional onroad tires (from Kyosho, Atomic, PN, anybody) for the Lazer or Optima would be pretty cool.

Kay-Dee
2011.12.07, 09:56 AM
Hello

the problem is that the lazer tyre doesn´t work
We tried to use selfmade inlays for them but it was not much better.:mad:

It´s right, the wider lazer rims will give more stable and speed, but til there are no aftermarket option tyres for the lazer, the optimas are okay.
And as RacerHH wrote the spikes doesn´t worn down as fast as we exspected.

I have an optima too, powered with a 43t and 15/35 gearing - its too fast for the track shown in the video
But a lot of fun on our 1/10 scale offroad track . So the speed is not a problem with smaller Tyres ;)

kryten
2011.12.07, 10:22 AM
I am hoping Kyosho will release some softer compound lazer tyres. I'm sure that's the problem,is that they are 40deg :(

GIHOSU
2011.12.09, 12:15 PM
I test fit the Micro SCT body as soon as the Optima arrived at my local hobby shop while waiting for my Lazer. I knew it would fit the dimensions of the chassis very well. I painted one flo green backed with white. I trimmed and removed the overspray film on the rear top and hit it with gunmetal gray that left a matte finish. I shot the buggy body with black backing paint and I am using it as a chassis cover for running outdoors and I remove it for racing and bashing on the carpet track.

The body mounts are useful as well. The stock Micro SCT front body mount had to be trimmed on the bottom and I placed it against the back of the shock tower and the screw holes lined up between the two and took two screws and bolts.

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32396&stc=1&d=1323756155

The rear mount needs a support structure. I used two MR-02 t-plates, one MR-01 t-plate and parts of the PN AWD wheelbase extenders (just the bracket-like pieces that the rear end screws into). The 02 t-plates are uprights screwed into the wing mount tab hole, the one closer to the front and not where it screws in. The bracket pieces are screw in between the plates with the screw holes facing the back. The Micro SCT rear body mounts is sandwiched between the brackets and a piece of 01 t-plate. I don't recommend going out and buying the brackets I used though, it was a great use of parts I already had collecting dust in the pitbox. It can be done with a less expensive plastic unit also.

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32398&stc=1&d=1323756335

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32397&stc=1&d=1323756335

I can use body clips on my truck now but the body stays on most of the time because the batteries can be changed without removing the body. I cut fuel tubing and put it on the body posts to space the body. The body clears all tires at full compression and I didn't trim wheel openings. It is really good in the air and has better midflight control than I had with the buggy body and the wing.

The Lazer tires have a home on carpet, all they needed was a little support. The material that I found at my local hardware store to make foam inserts is pipe insulation. This is printed in yellow on black 6' long pieces – ARMACELL AP/ARMAFLEX 25/50 1-1/8 ID X ˝ NOM WALL R-3.2 11313 M 0237 <FM> - it feels just like the red foams that come with AKA SC tires. It has to be cut into strips and pushed into the tires. I mounted my tires without gluing them and they are secure and aren't coming off the rims in collisions. I really like the way the foams firm up the rear tires, it felt like they were just collapsing in turns. Now the truck is very predictable and has a fun amount of oversteer.

The front shocks have Reflex Racing Mini-Z Buggy Hard Springs, the silver 25g ones. I use o-rings for preload, I have 2 for 3mm of preload. Shock oil is Trinity 40w. In the back I am running the stock spring and Trinity 50w. It took about 10 or 12 changes to get it right. I have a good balance between jump handling and fast running control.

I am staying with the stock motor and gearing for now and working on handling. There are a few things I want to try next, droop screws, limiting uptravel on the front shocks and CT's tip on springs on the dogbones.

Regarding the dogbone issues, did anyone see part no. MBW003 - "Sponge Collar (5pcs/fos MDW018) Reduces the risk of drop off of dog bones when MDW018 is used on the Mini-Z Buggy"?

EMU
2011.12.09, 01:18 PM
Nice post GIHOSU ;) But what good is it without pictures :rolleyes:

My bro's truck, based on an Optima chassis set (wheels/tires and bumper are the only difference at this point).
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32393&stc=1&d=1323454054

My Lazer SC, my brothers Optima SC, and GIHOSU's Lazer SC.
http://mini-zracer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=32394&stc=1&d=1323454054

The class is using stock gearing with the stock motor for now... but they are still pretty quick on a tight track layout like the one we run. The Lazer wheels/tires provide less traction, but more top end as well. The Optima spikes grip the carpet quite well, so the corner speed is higher. I prefer the Lazer combo myself, but a newer driver may prefer the Optima combo since it will be more consistent.

The lower kingpin screw backed out on my truck. This is an important screw to check every run. You just want to make sure that its snug in there, if it backs out and gets lost, I dont know where to get a replacement... I am thinking about getting alu knuckles so I can threadlock them in. Other than that, I dont plan to buy many upgrades yet until CVD's are available.

kryten
2011.12.10, 10:33 AM
They look great :) I forgot to order body mounts when i ordered my shell :o Looking at yours,i cant wait for them to turn up. This is going to be a popular racing class. I was going to use optima wheels and tyres,but after seeing those pics im going with lazer wheels. :)

kyoshosan
2011.12.10, 10:51 AM
Did anyone try to fit the Losi Micro T Truck body yet ? Will it fit ?

http://c0456141.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/images/medium/los/losb1541.jpg

kyoshosan
2011.12.10, 10:58 AM
I just saw that the Losi Micro-T is 1/36th scale. it won't fit. :)

http://image.fourwheeler.com/f/whats-new/new-losi-1-24-scale-4wd-short-course-truck/28721984+w225+cr1+re0+ar1/losi.jpg

GIHOSU
2011.12.13, 11:50 AM
Pics were added to my post about my SC conversion...

lfisminiz
2011.12.13, 04:43 PM
Pics were added to my post about my SC conversion...

Thanks for the good pics! I was talking to Eugene about this.;):)

EMU
2011.12.13, 05:12 PM
I asked GIHOSU to post his up, since he has a better camera on his phone... Mine looks horrible in mid/low light, it would be hard to make out what the image is.

lfisminiz
2011.12.13, 10:13 PM
I assume the Losi rally car body (same size as truck body, i believe), should fit just as good? I have it and mounts comming.;)

kyoshosan
2011.12.13, 11:29 PM
Let us know how it goes :-) I was thinking the same thing....

moz
2011.12.14, 03:34 AM
Was not me in request...but this is nice....thank you sir ;)

Also, as requested...heres pics of LM REAR tires on my Lazer rims to run on RCP.:)
http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af104/lfisminiz/PC040939.jpg
http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af104/lfisminiz/PC040941.jpg

lfisminiz
2011.12.14, 05:24 AM
Let us know how it goes :-) I was thinking the same thing....

I sure will!:)

lfisminiz
2011.12.14, 05:25 AM
Was not me in request...but this is nice....thank you sir ;)

Thanks and no problem.:)

moz
2011.12.14, 12:26 PM
sorry for the crappy cell pic...my front tyre kyosho's used slicks 30 degree :eek:

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad226/ahhilmybmy6/securedownload.jpg

and my rear tyre kyosho's LM rears autoscale :eek::eek:

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad226/ahhilmybmy6/securedownload1.jpg

moz
2011.12.14, 01:08 PM
I swap my motor to Atomic Standard Motor and snap my dogbone :D
Pic taken after recondition....by using hexkey courtesy of my buddy 'ub0211042'

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad226/ahhilmybmy6/securedownload2.jpg

lfisminiz
2011.12.14, 04:06 PM
sorry for the crappy cell pic...my front tyre kyosho's used slicks 30 degree :eek:

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad226/ahhilmybmy6/securedownload.jpg

and my rear tyre kyosho's LM rears autoscale :eek::eek:

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad226/ahhilmybmy6/securedownload1.jpg

Looks good! I assume your using the Lazer tire for the edges?

GIHOSU
2011.12.14, 04:32 PM
Looks like they are simply stretched around the laser tires, if I am not mistaken.

The rally body is sure to fit because they are on the same chassis and have the same wheelbase. I saw the rear body mounts and there looks to be more mounting options than the SCT mount allowed. My guess is the optima wheels will be better for clearance but some trimming should make the lazer wheels work.

moz
2011.12.14, 09:28 PM
Yes sir...I simply stretched around the laser tires....looks ugly....but its runs almost good for me :D

lfisminiz
2011.12.14, 09:44 PM
Looks like they are simply stretched around the laser tires, if I am not mistaken.

The rally body is sure to fit because they are on the same chassis and have the same wheelbase. I saw the rear body mounts and there looks to be more mounting options than the SCT mount allowed. My guess is the optima wheels will be better for clearance but some trimming should make the lazer wheels work.

Thanks for the info....the rally body should be here tomorrow. Maybe off for paint next week.

Rune
2011.12.21, 08:51 AM
We are so happy with these cars at our track.
The grip levels on RCP are acceptable if you take a couple of minutes to sand the slick surface of the tires.
More pics and ramblings in my blog:)
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9Pa0iUf88bc/TvD5dish6JI/AAAAAAAAD74/QKXFFO6lHC4/s1280/IMG_8230.JPG

nicov
2012.01.20, 10:51 AM
Using Atomic coil over conversion to lower the ride height, and with XpowerRC foam tires (soft), the buggy has a little oversteering and great grip level on RCP
http://i40.servimg.com/u/f40/13/00/17/86/nvmb0110.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=50&u=13001786)

oXYnary
2012.03.15, 02:30 PM
. This is printed in yellow on black 6' long pieces – ARMACELL AP/ARMAFLEX 25/50 1-1/8 ID X ˝ NOM WALL R-3.2 11313 M 0237 <FM> - it feels just like the red foams that come with AKA SC tires. It has to be cut into strips and pushed into the tires. I mounted my tires without gluing them and they are secure and aren't coming off the rims in collisions. I really like the way the foams firm up the rear tires, it felt like they were just collapsing in turns. Now the truck is very predictable and has a fun amount of oversteer.

Has anyone else found other materials to use? To me personally, that would seem too stiff a material for our size. What works in a AKA SC for a scale much, much, larger and heavier than us could be just too stiff for our use compared to other ideas.

EMU
2012.03.15, 05:06 PM
I used some Atomic packing foam (forgot what product it came with). Works perfectly for me. It is a little softer than what GIHOSU is using, although, my tires come off if I hit a wall a little hard, his dont.

oXYnary
2012.03.15, 07:36 PM
So your not gluing your tires to your rims? Or you mean internally the packing material shifts? Have you compared both to see how feels?

Rune
2012.03.17, 01:03 PM
I am using foam mats that are quite soft. Very similar to soft foam inserts for 1:10 tires.
Cut in strips, and fill up.
The Losi inserts are also good, but a tad to small. Much better than without though:)
The PN 30 shore tires are super grippy on our RCP track.

oXYnary
2012.03.17, 08:15 PM
Can you post a picture of the foam type you are using and the type of store you found at?

Rune
2012.03.17, 08:36 PM
Usually comes in yellowish/ white color. I have seen them in stores that sells kitchen stuff. Old ladies use them to place their dishes on etc. I think you can find them in craft stores.
Looks like this.
http://www.giggear.com.au/images/T/HC-AC24%20Flat%20Soft%20Foam%20Sheets_500.JPG

The mats I use have the same feel and texture as the Losi inserts, only they come in sheets.
I found a bunch at work that had came as packing material for some machined aluminium parts.

oXYnary
2012.03.21, 06:23 PM
Thanks Rune, though it sounds like PN is going to make some inserts now.

http://mini-zracer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37865

Has anyone attempted to dye the stock rims? I don't know if they are the right material or not.